OFFICIAL 2020 cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the whiners cut westbrook a day after they signed him? i wonder what happened.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bouye sure fell off a damn cliff. Amazing how big contracts can "erode" player skill. :LOL:
Him Jenkins and TruJo all enjoying that decline together.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Him Jenkins and TruJo all enjoying that decline together.

And Norman.

The cheats paid a heap to Gilmore and he became the defensive player of the year. Go figure. Any cb they use play well, like they know what's coming and are always in the right position.

At least the rams were smart enough not to pay either cb. Although they still had to begrudgingly franchise tru for a couple of years.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Norman.

The cheats paid a heap to Gilmore and he became the defensive player of the year. Go figure. Any cb they use play well, like they know what's coming and are always in the right position.

At least the rams were smart enough not to pay either cb. Although they still had to begrudgingly franchise tru for a couple of years.

True with Norman though I think his might be more due to age.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Bouye sure fell off a damn cliff. Amazing how big contracts can "erode" player skill. :LOL:

Man, no kidding. But, I don’t follow the Jags. Is there any other reason?

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean

the whiners cut westbrook a day after they signed him? i wonder what happened.

Sounds like a Physical Test thing or ala Saffold/Raiders buyers remorse. Speaking of, bet the Raiders feel stupid after that, Saffold has crushed ever since then.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Two guys, or one of two that Is like to see the Rams find money for are DJ Reeder DT from Texans, or Linval Joseph DT from Vikings. They both would upgrade the Rams run defense instantly. Reeder has some pass rush skills as well. Both are expected cuts. I wanted the Rams to sign Joseph a few years ago. He ended being a steal for the Vikings.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two guys, or one of two that Is like to see the Rams find money for are DJ Reeder DT from Texans, or Linval Joseph DT from Vikings. They both would upgrade the Rams run defense instantly. Reeder has some pass rush skills as well. Both are expected cuts. I wanted the Rams to sign Joseph a few years ago. He ended being a steal for the Vikings.
I get both of them I just can't help but feel replacing and upgrading Brockers is a much bigger need than the NT position. Gaines and SJD will get their chance at NT.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I get both of them I just can't help but feel replacing and upgrading Brockers is a much bigger need than the NT position. Gaines and SJD will get their chance at NT.
I was debating this last few days and came to the same conclusion. I’d rather have Reeder given the option. I have a feeling Gaines is going to come into himself this year.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
And Norman.

I think they DO know what's coming.... the cheating fucks. That Earnie Adams situation is sketchy af. That day they beat us 45-7 in London? They took their foot off the gas or they would have beat us like 84-7 and it would have been obvious. They knew every play we were running. I dare anyone to re-watch that game....

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I was impressed with DJ Reader from the first time I watched him play for Clemson. I recal thinking he would be a great 4th or 5th rd selection to back up Brockers even though DJ was far more NT that 43 DT.

Rams could have selected DJ in the 4th rd instead of drafting WR Pharoh Cooper Rams also had 3 6th rd selections & could have traded up to snatch him but Snead with TE Tam Hemingway, LB (now convict) Josh Forest & WR Mike Thomas.
DJ's current Market Value is 5ys for approx $60 million. Somewhere around $12 million a yr.

As I posted yesterday the Rams Org. in reality a very good position @ NT post for this upcoming season. DJ's current Market Value is 5ys for approx $60 million. Somewhere around $12 million a year.

Snead/McVay can optimize their bargain wise drafting of NT's the last 3 seasons. Smart is in entering his 4th yr, SJD his 3rd & Gaines his 2nd season. Smart has mostly utilized as AD's back up @ 3 tech but has played all three DL posts & shown some improvement overall since his rookie season start @ NT. Greg Gaines just needed to get a lot stronger @ the point of attack & learn.

SJD's & DJ Reader stats were not too far off from each other.

DJR vs SJD
Sacks- 2.5.... vs 2.0
Tacks- 52......vs 44
Solo's- 28..... vs 25
Assists- 24 ...vs 19

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

We haven't yet heard wether Staley wants to switch to a 4/3, or I haven't anyway. I think Gaines can play anywhere on the line. I don't see SJD as a long-term answer. He'd flash but was inconsistent at the point of attack. He's not the lane clogger they need. He is too easily taken out by one blocker. Donald would benefit by having a guy like Joseph next to him in either alignment. I have no faith in Tanzel Smart.

But you may be right. I hope your wrong. I don't see an in house replacement for Brockers and they need an upgrade stopping the run. Putting all of their eggs in Gaines basket sounds eerily similar to the center experiment this past season. If it works, then fine. But it's a risky move. I'd like to see a proven vet brought in for security. It would have made sense at Center last year also.