OFFICIAL 2020 cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Jets aren't trading Adams, if they did they'd be worse than the Browns.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Refreshing perspective from Sammy.

Sammy Watkins on pay cut: How much money do I need?

Chiefs wide receiver Sammy Watkins trimmed $4.75 million from his 2020 base salary when he agreed to rework his deal earlier this offseason and his reason for doing so wasn’t much different than the reason Patrick Mahomes gave for signing his own extension this week.

Mahomes said that his deal, which some thought should have been bigger, gives him security while allowing him to play on a team that can challenge for championships by holding onto more of his supporting cast. During an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio, Watkins said his agent was shooting for “big numbers” when the offseason got underway but he ultimately decided he prioritized other things.

“How much money do I need? My family’s taken care of well,” Watkins said. “Do I want I go to a team and lose and get 1,000 yards with a team that’s sorry. Or do I want to come back with one of the best coaches, the best quarterbacks, the best organization, the best team, the best wideout group — arguably — and come try to fight for another championship.”

Watkins’ revised deal includes incentives that could make up for the money he gave up by redoing his deal in Kansas City, but it seems that’s a secondary consideration for Kansas City’s leading receiver during their postseason march to the Super Bowl.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Chiefs wide receiver Sammy Watkins trimmed $4.75 million from his 2020 base salary when he agreed to rework his deal earlier this offseason and his reason for doing so wasn’t much different than the reason Patrick Mahomes gave for signing his own extension this week.

Mahomes said that his deal, which some thought should have been bigger, gives him security while allowing him to play on a team that can challenge for championships by holding onto more of his supporting cast. During an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio, Watkins said his agent was shooting for “big numbers” when the offseason got underway but he ultimately decided he prioritized other things.

“How much money do I need? My family’s taken care of well,” Watkins said. “Do I want I go to a team and lose and get 1,000 yards with a team that’s sorry. Or do I want to come back with one of the best coaches, the best quarterbacks, the best organization, the best team, the best wideout group — arguably — and come try to fight for another championship.”

Watkins’ revised deal includes incentives that could make up for the money he gave up by redoing his deal in Kansas City, but it seems that’s a secondary consideration for Kansas City’s leading receiver during their postseason march to the Super Bowl.

Yeah, it really is refreshing to hear that. I'll respect Watkins for his time here.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So Mahomes gave KC a break? Say what?
KC would have saved 14 mill from the cap if they released him, so nice way to save face is more like it here....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
At least 5 years of this contract will be a bargain for kc
Yes and no, he’s not likely to play that long on this deal as it’ll be redone, renegotiated or he’ll be released and sign a new deal.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate to say it, but I care less for this football season than for any other in my life. I normally am chomping at the bit to see my Rams...not anymore.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Chiefs spending that money! Tyreek Hill reportedly wants a huge deal as well so I'm guessing hes gone when he becomes a FA.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
After Jones & Garrett deals, AD looking underpaid. Neither are in ADs world imo. Glad
We signed him when we did. Those guys owe AD a big steak dinner at the least.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Adams ramping up his efforts to be traded from the jets.

“I don’t feel like he’s the right leader for this organization to reach the Promised Land,” Adams said. “As a leader, what really bothers me is that he doesn’t have a relationship with everybody in the building. At the end of the day, he doesn’t address the team. If there’s a problem in the locker room, he lets another coach address the team. If we’re playing s—-y and we’re losing, he doesn’t address the entire team as a group at halftime. He’ll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it.”