2020 comp picks we "should" net

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
there is a chart on overthecap.com......

Maybe I’m having a brain fart, but I don’t see this chart on their website.

Anyone got a good link to a site which projects the comp picks for Saffold and Joyner?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Maybe I’m having a brain fart, but I don’t see this chart on their website.

Anyone got a good link to a site which projects the comp picks for Saffold and Joyner?
I believe it changes year to year, but typically it works out to about the 10 highest paid avg/yr FAs without compensated signings per round.

If the Rams don't sign one big FA, we'd be getting mid to high 4th round comps next year for Saffold and Joyner.

I'd look for us to sign Zach Brown if when he gets cut, which won't count against the cap. Once Sully gets signed, we'll give Groy a call. That would be the end of our free agency period folks.

PS - If Brown doesn't get cut or we clear cap space for a trade, we should look at Matthews to play inside where he was very effective for GB a few years ago.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I believe it changes year to year, but typically it works out to about the 10 highest paid avg/yr FAs without compensated signings per round.

If the Rams don't sign one big FA, we'd be getting mid to high 4th round comps next year for Saffold and Joyner.

I'd look for us to sign Zach Brown if when he gets cut, which won't count against the cap. Once Sully gets signed, we'll give Groy a call. That would be the end of our free agency period folks.

PS - If Brown doesn't get cut or we clear cap space for a trade, we should look at Matthews to play inside where he was very effective for GB a few years ago.

You had me up until this bit. I would have been pretty happy with that scenario but Matthews is done in my opinion.

Ram65

Legend
At least we know the Rams will get some comp picks. Better than nothing we can wait and see.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well fortunately for us the picks won't be based on how dudes play in their next location. Outside of Saff (he will fit well on their OL and play hard) there's gonna be a lot of disappointment IMO.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
You had me up until this bit. I would have been pretty happy with that scenario but Matthews is done in my opinion.
So you think the Rams are better off with Kiser, Hagar, or a third round or later rookie playing next to Littleton? Please enlighten me how these three are better than Matthews at ILB.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
So you think the Rams are better off with Kiser, Hagar, or a third round or later rookie playing next to Littleton? Please enlighten me how these three are better than Matthews at ILB.
The Matthews of 2015 would undoubtedly be a better proposition but he has slowed. ILB is not a big part of Phillips scheme and he does wonders with 'lesser' talents. I did like Kiser coming out of College and think he fits nicely with what we do at ILB. Doesn't mean Phillips cant do better with 'greater' talent which is why I liked your suggestion around Brown. I'm just not a fan of Matthews to the Rams.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
I'm betting a 4th for each of them and Suh as well.
The Matthews of 2015 would undoubtedly be a better proposition but he has slowed. ILB is not a big part of Phillips scheme and he does wonders with 'lesser' talents. I did like Kiser coming out of College and think he fits nicely with what we do at ILB. Doesn't mean Phillips cant do better with 'greater' talent which is why I liked your suggestion around Brown. I'm just not a fan of Matthews to the Rams.

A lot more chicks would come to the games

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/...ks-free-agency-rodger-saffold-lamarcus-joyner
Los Angeles Rams projected two fourth-round compensatory picks in 2020 by Over The Cap

So far so good on the compensatory pick lookout
By Sosa Kremenjas Mar 14, 2019, 3:01pm CDT

It is quite early in the year so the situation is liable to change, but as it currently stands, Over The Cap currently projects the Los Angeles Rams to receive two fourth-round compensatory draft picks in 2020:

At this point, we've now reached 32 regular 2020 compensatory picks.

If any more eligible comp picks are created, the lowest ones will be pushed beyond the 32-pick limit. pic.twitter.com/mbw4YFDIwN

— Nick Korte (@nickkorte) March 14, 2019
Here’s the entire list (yes, it does account for cancelled out selections):

download.png

The two players who are slated to net the Rams comp picks are LG Rodger Saffold and FS Lamarcus Joyner. Saffold signed a four-year $44m deal with the Tenessee Titans that averages out to $11m average per year, meanwhile Joyner signed a four-year $42m deal with the Oakland Raiders, and his deal averages $10.15m over the course of the contract.

The Rams have yet to add any unrestricted free agents, meaning they have yet to affect the compensatory pick formula negatively. The only player the Rams have signed thus far is FS Eric Weddle, though he doesn’t affect the formula because he was released by the Baltimore Ravens.

DT Ndamukong Suh has yet to sign a deal, so his return could potentially net a third-round pick, though another fourth-round selection is more likely.