CAMP REPORT 2019 NFL Draft Round 1 (no spoiled picks)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Just read on NFL app that rams are one of the teams most interested in trading down so I'm now expecting one. Oh well, that means 4 picks tomorrow

I don't know if its a legit rumor, but someone on another forum said the Broncos offered their 2nd round pick at #41 and their 3rd for the Rams #31. If there is any truth to it, that would be a good starting point in negotiations. I'd absolutely do that trade to pick up another player in the top 100. There's still plenty of quality players in the top ten of the 2nd round. If there's a better offer than that, I think it would be a no brainer.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I don't know if its a legit rumor, but someone on another forum said the Broncos offered their 2nd round pick at #41 and their 3rd for the Rams #31. If there is any truth to it, that would be a good starting point in negotiations. I'd absolutely do that trade to pick up another player in the top 100. There's still plenty of quality players in the top ten of the 2nd round. If there's a better offer than that, I think it would be a no brainer.

It does seem like Snead is doing everything but setting his hair on fire to trade out - my guess is that they have a multitude of guys with the same rating near the end of the 1st round. From what I've read of the draftniks, it seems that after the first 8 or so 1st rounders they fall off a cliff and we're already into second round grades.

A third round pick would be about the best the Rams could hope for in a trade... possibly a 2nd rounder next year. More likely I could see a swap of 2nd and 3rd rounders with a trade partner with a little something lower in the draft to sweeten the deal.

For reference, here's the Raven's trade for Lamar Jackson last year:

Ravens receive:
» 2018 first-round pick (No. 32) -- Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
» 2018 fourth-round pick (No. 132) -- Jaleel Scott, WR, New Mexico State

Eagles receive:
» 2018 second-round pick (No. 52) -- traded to Colts
» 2018 fourth-round pick (No. 125) -- Avonte Maddox, DB, Pittsburgh
» 2019 second-round pick

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm looking forward to watching the whole thing tonight... even if we end up trading out of the 1st.

My only requirement... I refuse to flip over to Mel Kiper for any reason. I'd rather watch a Progressive Insurance commercial with Flo in it (and she fucking creeps me the hell out) than have to look at, or listen to, that freak Kiper. I cannot stand anything about him.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
It does seem like Snead is doing everything but setting his hair on fire to trade out - my guess is that they have a multitude of guys with the same rating near the end of the 1st round. From what I've read of the draftniks, it seems that after the first 8 or so 1st rounders they fall off a cliff and we're already into second round grades.

A third round pick would be about the best the Rams could hope for in a trade... possibly a 2nd rounder next year. More likely I could see a swap of 2nd and 3rd rounders with a trade partner with a little something lower in the draft to sweeten the deal.

For reference, here's the Raven's trade for Lamar Jackson last year:

Ravens receive:
» 2018 first-round pick (No. 32) -- Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
» 2018 fourth-round pick (No. 132) -- Jaleel Scott, WR, New Mexico State

Eagles receive:
» 2018 second-round pick (No. 52) -- traded to Colts
» 2018 fourth-round pick (No. 125) -- Avonte Maddox, DB, Pittsburgh
» 2019 second-round pick

I'd be sad to move back 20, but gaining another 2nd next year would be too hard to pass up.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I'm looking forward to watching the whole thing tonight... even if we end up trading out of the 1st.

My only requirement... I refuse to flip over to Mel Kiper for any reason. I'd rather watch a Progressive Insurance commercial with Flo in it (and she freaking creeps me the hell out) than have to look at, or listen to, that freak Kiper. I cannot stand anything about him.
I've got a draft party going and we are planning on watching on ABC. My understanding is that the ESPN crew won't be on there, but it will be the ABC Gameday crew and Robin Roberts hosting.

We cut the cable a while back so I was happy to see ABC pick it up.

London_Ram

Rookie
The draft starts at 1am over here and I'm torn.

I'll stay up to watch it and drink a few beers regardless. Overall I think the best thing for us to do is trade out of the first and get an extra pick....but I'll still be cursing at the TV if they say we've traded back and I've stayed up to stupid-o'clock and don't get to see us make a pick.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The draft starts at 1am over here and I'm torn.

I'll stay up to watch it and drink a few beers regardless. Overall I think the best thing for us to do is trade out of the first and get an extra pick....but I'll still be cursing at the TV if they say we've traded back and I've stayed up to stupid-o'clock and don't get to see us make a pick.
Sleep but set the alarm and then go back to sleep.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just heard the same thing Snackers here in LA on FoxSports radio. Elway has his eye on a QB and thinks he can get him around 31, has approached the Rams for a trade down giving an extra pick, a 2nd ( Rams don't have a 2nd).

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've got a draft party going and we are planning on watching on ABC. My understanding is that the ESPN crew won't be on there, but it will be the ABC Gameday crew and Robin Roberts hosting.

We cut the cable a while back so I was happy to see ABC pick it up.

I heard about the ABC coverage this morning... I'll flip back and forth between that and NFL Network.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
That trade was in Peter Schrager's mock draft. Could be someone mistaking a thing in a mock draft for an actual trade offer.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...019-nfl-mock-draft-30-texans-move-into-top-10

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just read on NFL app that rams are one of the teams most interested in trading down so I'm now expecting one. Oh well, that means 4 picks tomorrow

I'm guessing a high 2nd and a fairly early 4th in return. Makes it more likely the Rams get who they really want than trading to the middle of the 2nd. And then the 4th can be used to get one of the dozen or so players they need to develop for 2020, or used to trade up with one of their 3rds to get a player who has fallen that they really like.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Rams traded Tavon Austin during the draft last year, and Zac Stacy back in 2015. Maybe we will see a trade over the next couple of days.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Was guilty of posting picks last year before announced. Wont do it this year.
Im telling ya, twitter was created for the NFL draft. Can watch a real live sporting event and follow along on the net.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Rams traded Tavon Austin during the draft last year, and Zac Stacy back in 2015. Maybe we will see a trade over the next couple of days.
Idk, I think it's bad to get into the habit of trading players away. On occassion it's ok. But if you get a reputation for it, players will be less inclined to take a "discount" contract if they suspect it could just make them trade fodder.