2019 MLB playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Cardinals 4
Nationals 7

Congrats to the Nats. Beat the Yankees or the Cardinals Scouting Book stealing Astros!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the Cardinals scored 10 runs in 1 inning, and then only scored 6 runs in the next 4 games combined?
Yikes

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, well I was hoping for a Dodgers-Cards NLCS, and a Dodger-Yankee WS.

Got a reality check kick in the balls in stead. (Would never have expected the Cards getting swept either, damn)

I really don't care about the WS, but will pull for the Nats, being an NL guy.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Yeah, well I was hoping for a Dodgers-Cards NLCS, and a Dodger-Yankee WS.

Got a reality check kick in the balls in stead. (Would never have expected the Cards getting swept either, damn)

I really don't care about the WS, but will pull for the Nats, being an NL guy.
Same here. I hope the Nationals win.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ok, good. There was a moment I thought maybe some people actually believe the opposite of what really happened.

What really happened was that only one rogue Cardinals scout - albeit the head scout - hacked into the Astros' server. Nobody else was involved, and I think that the punishment, while there should've been some, was excessive.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
What really happened was that only one rogue Cardinals scout - albeit the head scout - hacked into the Astros' server. Nobody else was involved, and I think that the punishment, while there should've been some, was excessive.
I agree it was excessive but MLB wanted to send a message.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
I’m aware of what happened, but I think the punishment was totally reasonable. Whether or not Correa acted alone, there needed to be a clear message sent about that type of violation. Making it severe will hopefully act as a future deterrent.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I’m aware of what happened, but I think the punishment was totally reasonable. Whether or not Correa acted alone, there needed to be a clear message sent about that type of violation. Making it severe will hopefully act as a future deterrent.

Fair enough, I'll agree to disagree. Correa has proved that he acted alone, and he fully deserves his ban and jailtime. The Cardinals, for employing him, deserved a punishment. I just don't think that giving the docked draft picks to the Astros makes any sense.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Fair enough, I'll agree to disagree. Correa has proved that he acted alone, and he fully deserves his ban and jailtime. The Cardinals, for employing him, deserved a punishment. I just don't think that giving the docked draft picks to the Astros makes any sense.
Well I think there’s a few viewpoints on this, but most people outside of St. Louis feel the punishment wasn’t severe enough. I’m in the camp that Manfred was in a tough spot due to this sort of infraction never happening before. I get Correa acted alone, and I’m guessing that’s why you think the punishment was severe, but the proprietary information obtained by Correa was going to benefit the entire Cardinals organization. That’s why I think it makes sense that the Astros received those picks.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Well I think there’s a few viewpoints on this, but most people outside of St. Louis feel the punishment wasn’t severe enough. I’m in the camp that Manfred was in a tough spot due to this sort of infraction never happening before. I get Correa acted alone, and I’m guessing that’s why you think the punishment was severe, but the proprietary information obtained by Correa was going to benefit the entire Cardinals organization. That’s why I think it makes sense that the Astros received those picks.
The proprietary info on procedures and technique taken to the Astros by Luhnow(sp?) is what pissed Correa off and MLB ignored it. Luhnow taking credit for the information pissed off Correa hence the hack to embarrass Luhnow since it only came to light because Correa posted the Astros notes on the web. According to Correa:

"The Cardinals were not the organization that benefited from unauthorized access. On December 21, 2011, the Houston Astros employee accessed proprietary data on a St. Louis Cardinals server. Later, I would learn — through unlawful methods — that Cardinals' data were used extensively from 2012 through 2014. Houston Astros employees used the data to replicate and evaluate key algorithms and decision tools related to amateur and professional player evaluation. Many individuals throughout the Houston organization, including the General Manager and Assistant General Manager, were included in e-mail discussions about these efforts."

So yes Correa did wrong and the Astros got away with playing the victim.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
The proprietary info on procedures and technique taken to the Astros by Luhnow(sp?) is what pissed Correa off and MLB ignored it. Luhnow taking credit for the information pissed off Correa hence the hack to embarrass Luhnow since it only came to light because Correa posted the Astros notes on the web. According to Correa:

"The Cardinals were not the organization that benefited from unauthorized access. On December 21, 2011, the Houston Astros employee accessed proprietary data on a St. Louis Cardinals server. Later, I would learn — through unlawful methods — that Cardinals' data were used extensively from 2012 through 2014. Houston Astros employees used the data to replicate and evaluate key algorithms and decision tools related to amateur and professional player evaluation. Many individuals throughout the Houston organization, including the General Manager and Assistant General Manager, were included in e-mail discussions about these efforts."

So yes Correa did wrong and the Astros got away with playing the victim.
All of this is based off of allegations by Correa, and not substantiated by anyone else. I have a hard time believing the guy guilty of wrongdoing as a credible source. Plus, Correa makes these claims well after the investigation concluded, and refused to cooperate with the investigation. If he had any sort of proof he should have presented it. While I have a hard time believing Correa, if he is telling the truth, he handled this entire situation poorly from start to finish. I can tell we aren’t going to see eye to eye on this issue.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
All of this is based off of allegations by Correa, and not substantiated by anyone else. I have a hard time believing the guy guilty of wrongdoing as a credible source. Plus, Correa makes these claims well after the investigation concluded, and refused to cooperate with the investigation. If he had any sort of proof he should have presented it. While I have a hard time believing Correa, if he is telling the truth, he handled this entire situation poorly from start to finish. I can tell we aren’t going to see eye to eye on this issue.
I definitely believe Correa. He deliberately publicized the hack to embarrass the Astros. You don't do that to spy since that gives away the breach. Luhnow(?) claimed credit for proprietary work of the Cardinals and Correa was pissed off by it. He went too far with the hack itself and using any information developed by the Astros is far worse and he deserved what he got. But don't dismiss his motive.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was a bit embarrassed when the Dodgers lost to the Nats 3-2 in the first round of the playoffs - but the Dodgers at least won 2 games. The Nats are up 2-0 over the Astros and are returning to Washington - they have now gone 10-2 in the playoffs, the only bump being the Dodgers winning two games. They are just amazingly hot right now.