2019 MLB playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It was a pretty good atmosphere in Houston too when they were losing 100 games a year. Hell they even had a 0 tv rating for their local market a year or two. :) And yeah I get why you're rooting them on and it's nothing against the people in the area. Just hate what baseball has become the NBA is the same but I stopped watching that years ago.

Yah I remember seeing those on tv. I'll admit I'm super casual about it. The parade a couple years ago was fun as hell.

Oh and the NBA had a Canadian team with a dinosaur mascot win it all last year. Maybe there's hope.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yah I remember seeing those on tv. I'll admit I'm super casual about it. The parade a couple years ago was fun as hell.

Oh and the NBA had a Canadian team with a dinosaur mascot win it all last year. Maybe there's hope.

And the Blues won after fifty-two years of being playoff chokers. Anything can happen.

As for why I wanted the Nats to win...it has more to do with me hating how they treated the female reporters who were harassed by the Astros assistant GM than anything. They called her a liar, didn't back down when there was proof that the assistant GM harassed them over getting Roberto Osuna (a known girlfriend beater) because one of the reporters had a purple DV bracelet on.

It pissed me off, and I went from cheering for the Astros (because they're my aunt and late uncle's team) to rooting against them.

Angry Ram

And the Blues won after fifty-two years of being playoff chokers. Anything can happen.

As for why I wanted the Nats to win...it has more to do with me hating how they treated the female reporters who were harassed by the Astros assistant GM than anything. They called her a liar, didn't back down when there was proof that the assistant GM harassed them over getting Roberto Osuna (a known girlfriend beater) because one of the reporters had a purple DV bracelet on.

It pissed me off, and I went from cheering for the Astros (because they're my aunt and late uncle's team) to rooting against them.

I get it, but I learned long ago to focus on what happens on the field or court. Whatever "message" a team sends or whatever social message, positive or negative, that doesn't directly relate to actual Ws or Ls, I don't give a damn about.

I get why people do, tho, but you know...I just like rooting for teams. Super cool to be in a pro team city, especially since I didn't get that growing up.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No blue font necessary. Todays game via rules changes is a glorification of the QB and the WR. The defense is shit upon. The game is getting closer to flag football each year.
Yeah, ok....
40 years?
Many of the changes are necessary, if you actually value these guys as human beings.
Only problem with today era vs the past is the over saturation of replay etc.
Fans are so spoiled now with HD replays that can show clarity down to a centimeter, from multiple camera angles. 40 years ago the only highlights you saw were during Monday Night Football at halftime.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Yeah, ok....
40 years?
Many of the changes are necessary, if you actually value these guys as human beings.
Only problem with today era vs the past is the over saturation of replay etc.
Fans are so spoiled now with HD replays that can show clarity down to a centimeter, from multiple camera angles. 40 years ago the only highlights you saw were during Monday Night Football at halftime.
Sure replay is involved more in the game. But the rules have changed tremendously over the last few decades. The NFL decided to promote offense at the expense of defense. For the defense to be given equal emphasis the field of play would have been stretched to 150 yards. But that can't happen because of stadium size and of course the promotion of offense over defense. Don't even go there with the valuing crack. The NFL knew damn well the effects of concussions long before the lawyers became involved. The rules changes have overwhelmingly benefitted offense whether some are claimed as safety conscious or not.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure replay is involved more in the game. But the rules have changed tremendously over the last few decades. The NFL decided to promote offense at the expense of defense. For the defense to be given equal emphasis the field of play would have been stretched to 150 yards. But that can't happen because of stadium size and of course the promotion of offense over defense. Don't even go there with the valuing crack. The NFL knew damn well the effects of concussions long before the lawyers became involved. The rules changes have overwhelmingly benefitted offense whether some are claimed as safety conscious or not.
Or the rules were slanted too far in favor of the defense. Lineman weren’t allowed to use their hands for gods sake.
And looking back it’s a bit of a disgrace it took so long for the rules to outlaw helmet to helmet contact.
the game is faster, the players are bigger & stronger, got to protect the players.
It’s always been an offense game

Angry Ram

Or the rules were slanted too far in favor of the defense. Lineman weren’t allowed to use their hands for gods sake.
And looking back it’s a bit of a disgrace it took so long for the rules to outlaw helmet to helmet contact.
the game is faster, the players are bigger & stronger, got to protect the players.
It’s always been an offense game

Banning missile launch tackles, helmet shots, spine busters, spears tackles, gores, etc are the wussifications of the NFL I tells ya.

Bring back leather helmets, dagnabit!!!

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Interesting how the rules to lessen injury get all the attention but rules that clearly benefit the offense AT THE EXPENSE OF THE DEFENSE aren't acknowledged. This article below at least looks at the last 25 years.