2018 QB Class

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Based on my observations thus far, I think Mayfield, Rosen, and Darnold should all be competent starters at worst. I don't see Josh Allen panning out, and Lamar Jackson has a lot of developing to do still before I can make a call on him.

I agree. Allen has bust written all over him. Jackson is raw, raw and he is a runner, which rarely ends well in the NFL. The other three look capable.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I never get too excited about Rookie QBs facing Vanilla D's in the Pre-Season. Most of these guys are just not close to being able to read complex NFL Defenses when they come out, and during Pre-Season, teams don't do a lot of that. Just feels like a false-positive way too often.

Exactly, everyone gets hyped after a preseason game or 2 and starts projecting great things. Then things get real and rookies start to look like rookies. Hue Jackson is probably right Mayfield needs to sit on the bench as do the rest. Darnold might end up starting but the Jets don’t have much else but teams like the cards should be perfectly fine with having the rookies sit.