2017 full 7 rd ROD Mock Draft: Completed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
ah Fuuk I will stick aground since we know @Dave will be quick

me:

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the 198th pick and LAST in this draft for the Cleveland Browns, we select........

Charles Walker DT Oklahoma

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS

Disruptive and productive as a sophomore in 2015. Can be tough to handle when motor is cranked and he's working the gaps. Comes off the snap with good get-off. Able to rip through a blocker's edge with good violence once the door opens up just a little bit. Has upper body power to set a strong edge. Plays with unusual agility and athleticism once he's into the backfield. Able to redirect his weight for sudden change of direction. Plays on his feet. Shows ability and play speed to chase down running backs and quarterbacks headed for the perimeter. Operates with a big closing burst and an extended playmaking radius. Hands show power and potential in both run and pass. Works his hands and feet in unison as interior rusher.
WEAKNESSES
Has had concussions in each of last two seasons. His football character called into question by coaching staff after he failed to come back from October 1 concussion and left team with two regular season games remaining to prepare for NFL draft. Effort level and motor fluctuates. Was a relative non-factor in all four of the games he played. High cut and struggles to maintain his ground against double teams. Lacked urgency as a pass rusher that he showed in 2015. Needs to add a rush counter when initial charge is foiled. Will lay on blocks at times. Needs quicker shed with tackle-ready posture.
SOURCES TELL US
"I'm not really a fan but I'm sure our coaches will be. He has talent but he's just so inconsistent. He has quickness and strength but then will just disappear during the game. He has enough flashes on tape that I'm sure our coach will want to work with that." - NFC regional scout
NFL COMPARISON
Clinton McDonald
BOTTOM LINE
Disruptive defensive tackle with the initial quickness and power to become a factor for a one-gapping, upfield front if he can ever put it all together. Despite his flashes, Walker's career starts can be counted on one hand and 2016 was a complete loss of a season. NFL personnel men are likely to get harsh reviews from the Sooners coaching staff and teams will need to do their work on Walker's concussion situation, but his athleticism and potential give him a chance to become an NFL starter.
IMG_1108.GIF

That.....was.....my.....guy!

Nice pick!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This was really a hard choice, But I have to get Bradford more Weapons!! With the 199 pick of the Draft the Vikings select WR- Kenny Golladay - Northern Illinois
* 4.50-40
* Benched 18x
* 35.5 Vert.!
* 120.0 Broad jump
* 4.15 short shuttle
* 7.00 3-cone drill
* and a 121.4 SPARQ score

@PressureD41 is on the Clock!
@Riverrunbbq is on Deck!

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
With the 200th pick in the draft (And I hope our Rams draft this kid) from Toledo

TE Michael Roberts can catch and block folks!!!!!

• 4.86 SEC
  • 30.0 INCH
  • 110.0 INCH
  • 7.05 SEC
    Top Performer
  • 4.51 SEC
BLUE STAR = COMBINE TOP PERFORMER

• 6'4" HEIGHT
  • 33"ARM LENGTH
  • 270LBS. WEIGHT
  • 11 1/2" HANDS
OVERVIEW

Toledo's 2016 first-team All-Mac tight end did not have it easy growing up. His father spent time in jail, and he was suspended from elementary school a few times until it was discovered he had a speech impediment and attention deficit disorder. Once that was under control, Roberts did well in high school, though his grades prevented him from receiving a scholarship. He also lost his grandmother to cancer and a younger brother to an accidental shooting. Roberts made his own way as a college student at Toledo, eventually getting eligible to play for the Golden Rockets. He played in five games as a reserve in 2013 (no catches) and nine contests the next year, seeing a bit more playing time (4-65, two TD). Coaches began relying on him in his junior year, starting him once in 12 games (21-234, four TD). As a senior, Roberts became quarterback Logan Woodside's favorite red zone target, scoring 16 times (sixth-most in the FBS) on 45 receptions that covered 533 yards.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
When he catches the ball, it matters. Has had over 80 percent of his career catches go for first downs and this season saw 35.5 percent of his catches go for touchdowns (16). Big target with gigantic hands. Quick to open and find the ball on stop routes. Plus body control to adjust and clamp down on throws outside his frame. Will continue to probe and adjust for openings against zone coverage. Very capable run blocker. Operates from strong base and utilizes lengths well. Sinks hips to brace up and neutralize defensive ends with leverage and uses hips and shoulder turn to steer out of the play. Has experience blocking from in-line and from wing spot.
WEAKNESSES
Comes out of a knock-kneed stance from line of scrimmage. Upright short strider into routes. Gradual gear down into his breaks. Tight at the top of his route. Rolls through his cuts to create momentum for his separation. Angles up to linebackers as blocker will need work. Overshoots targets and allows them to make plays underneath his block. Needs blocks to be right in front of him. Too many misses in space.
BOTTOM LINE
One season of "wow" production, but has NFL size and length. Roberts' tape shows inconsistent effort from a blocking standpoint, but it also shows the strength and ability to handle those chores on the next level. He should be a functional receiver target as well and could come in as a third tight end with the ability to work his way up the ladder.-Lance Zierlein

Would be the #3 TE on depth chart who has a chance to end up as #1 if Gronk back continues to be a concern moving forward. He flashed at the East-West Shrine game and at the Senior Bowl. He doesn't have great top-end speed and he's still developing as a blocker but he has the tools to make an immediate impact in the red zone and become an effective No. 2 tight end...FCK my drafting rocks!!!!

Last edited:

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Gonna make your pick then?

Pressure: "Got my pick ready guys. Cya later"

I was starring (for a few mins in awe) at another great player on my board & left to the Patsy's to steal from all you :rolllaugh: :mrburnsevil:

All you stop projectioning on me

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
This was really a hard choice, But I have to get Bradford more Weapons!! With the 199 pick of the Draft the Vikings select WR- Kenny Golladay - Northern Illinois
* 4.50-40
* Benched 18x
* 35.5 Vert.!
* 120.0 Broad jump
* 4.15 short shuttle
* 7.00 3-cone drill
* and a 121.4 SPARQ score

@PressureD41 is on the Clock!
@Riverrunbbq is on Deck!
Ahh damn. I thought he'd last until my 7th :-(

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
With the 201'st draft pick, Washington selects OT Dan 'Lurch' Skipper.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
With the 200th pick in the draft (And I hope our Rams draft this kid) from Toledo

TE Michael Roberts can catch and block folks!!!!!

• 4.86 SEC
  • 30.0 INCH
  • 110.0 INCH
  • 7.05 SEC
    Top Performer
  • 4.51 SEC
BLUE STAR = COMBINE TOP PERFORMER

• 6'4" HEIGHT
  • 33"ARM LENGTH
  • 270LBS. WEIGHT
  • 11 1/2" HANDS
OVERVIEW

Toledo's 2016 first-team All-Mac tight end did not have it easy growing up. His father spent time in jail, and he was suspended from elementary school a few times until it was discovered he had a speech impediment and attention deficit disorder. Once that was under control, Roberts did well in high school, though his grades prevented him from receiving a scholarship. He also lost his grandmother to cancer and a younger brother to an accidental shooting. Roberts made his own way as a college student at Toledo, eventually getting eligible to play for the Golden Rockets. He played in five games as a reserve in 2013 (no catches) and nine contests the next year, seeing a bit more playing time (4-65, two TD). Coaches began relying on him in his junior year, starting him once in 12 games (21-234, four TD). As a senior, Roberts became quarterback Logan Woodside's favorite red zone target, scoring 16 times (sixth-most in the FBS) on 45 receptions that covered 533 yards.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
When he catches the ball, it matters. Has had over 80 percent of his career catches go for first downs and this season saw 35.5 percent of his catches go for touchdowns (16). Big target with gigantic hands. Quick to open and find the ball on stop routes. Plus body control to adjust and clamp down on throws outside his frame. Will continue to probe and adjust for openings against zone coverage. Very capable run blocker. Operates from strong base and utilizes lengths well. Sinks hips to brace up and neutralize defensive ends with leverage and uses hips and shoulder turn to steer out of the play. Has experience blocking from in-line and from wing spot.
WEAKNESSES
Comes out of a knock-kneed stance from line of scrimmage. Upright short strider into routes. Gradual gear down into his breaks. Tight at the top of his route. Rolls through his cuts to create momentum for his separation. Angles up to linebackers as blocker will need work. Overshoots targets and allows them to make plays underneath his block. Needs blocks to be right in front of him. Too many misses in space.
BOTTOM LINE
One season of "wow" production, but has NFL size and length. Roberts' tape shows inconsistent effort from a blocking standpoint, but it also shows the strength and ability to handle those chores on the next level. He should be a functional receiver target as well and could come in as a third tight end with the ability to work his way up the ladder.-Lance Zierlein

Would be the #3 TE on depth chart who has a chance to end up as #1 if Gronk back continues to be a concern moving forward. He flashed at the East-West Shrine game and at the Senior Bowl. He doesn't have great top-end speed and he's still developing as a blocker but he has the tools to make an immediate impact in the red zone and become an effective No. 2 tight end...FCK my drafting rocks!!!!

Very nice pickup

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
With the 198th pick and LAST in this draft for the Cleveland Browns, we select........

Charles Walker DT Oklahoma

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS

Disruptive and productive as a sophomore in 2015. Can be tough to handle when motor is cranked and he's working the gaps. Comes off the snap with good get-off. Able to rip through a blocker's edge with good violence once the door opens up just a little bit. Has upper body power to set a strong edge. Plays with unusual agility and athleticism once he's into the backfield. Able to redirect his weight for sudden change of direction. Plays on his feet. Shows ability and play speed to chase down running backs and quarterbacks headed for the perimeter. Operates with a big closing burst and an extended playmaking radius. Hands show power and potential in both run and pass. Works his hands and feet in unison as interior rusher.
WEAKNESSES
Has had concussions in each of last two seasons. His football character called into question by coaching staff after he failed to come back from October 1 concussion and left team with two regular season games remaining to prepare for NFL draft. Effort level and motor fluctuates. Was a relative non-factor in all four of the games he played. High cut and struggles to maintain his ground against double teams. Lacked urgency as a pass rusher that he showed in 2015. Needs to add a rush counter when initial charge is foiled. Will lay on blocks at times. Needs quicker shed with tackle-ready posture.
SOURCES TELL US
"I'm not really a fan but I'm sure our coaches will be. He has talent but he's just so inconsistent. He has quickness and strength but then will just disappear during the game. He has enough flashes on tape that I'm sure our coach will want to work with that." - NFC regional scout
NFL COMPARISON
Clinton McDonald
BOTTOM LINE
Disruptive defensive tackle with the initial quickness and power to become a factor for a one-gapping, upfield front if he can ever put it all together. Despite his flashes, Walker's career starts can be counted on one hand and 2016 was a complete loss of a season. NFL personnel men are likely to get harsh reviews from the Sooners coaching staff and teams will need to do their work on Walker's concussion situation, but his athleticism and potential give him a chance to become an NFL starter.

He may have been the other player in my problematic last pick. Was hoping you guys had forgotten about him - hope he stays fit and healthy. Great value pick though.