2016-Rams trade up to #1 (old thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Not likely. About half the players who go in the first 3 rounds of a typical draft won't start.

Anyway, they're making sure they have as much info at their disposal before they make the call, just like any other team would.

We can't even sign all the guys we have playing for us now!

Ram Man

Rookie
Have you seen Keenum play? It doesn't matter who his WR are. HE SUCKSSSSSS ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and is no better than a #2 in his greatest moment.

I've gotta say I think it's pretty classless to run an undrafted guy like Keenum down like that. He'll never be a star but he's played well enough for us to deserve better than that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Awesome. We're giving up 6-7 potential starters, and we're still not even sure who the pick will be. :yess:

They know who they're getting, they're just playing ball with the NFL, who want to keep the mystery there for the show.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
For no apparent reason, I'm wondering if the Rams make this deal if they were still in St. Louis...And no, I don't see why it would make any difference, except for the big splash effect to open the 2nd chapter of the LA Rams...

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Glad to keep you as a fan bruh..... like @-X- says... Saved you from the Jags fanbase. LOLOLOLOL

What?
brian-quick-of-the-st-louis-rams-catches-a-pass-against-the-jaguars-picture-id183457078
tempAP450436027695_10--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
images
Lance+Kendricks+St+Louis+Rams+v+Seattle+Seahawks+k_Y9yNbGLtIl.jpg
Britt actually looked good last season, problem was no one could get him the ball, or hit him in stride. He was a good deep threat. Tavon was also coming along.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The Rams prefer Goff? That's amazing. I like Wentz a lot but I prefer Goff. I think Goff will be a great QB. IMO, he has Peyton Manning like potential and I don't take a statement like that lightly. Peyton Manning is the best QB I've ever seen play.

To think I have a 50% chance of rooting for Goff for the next decade!!!!!
Congrats Jrry, you put it all in the line his year and came out looking rather like a badass! I love it
Hope all faith in this great franchise is restored for you
Go Rams!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
YES!!! We're getting a franchise quarterback! I don't think that it's too much to pay.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
QB is the most important position in sports. Got to address it somehow.

Being a Browns fan up until a few months ago, I can offer the advice of not over-valuing draft picks. They mean nothing until the player substantiates their value on field, they are simply a gamble. I'm down for this gamble.

Bravo totally agreed.

That freakin Les Snead has balls of steal man....

Wow. Just wow.

Lets analyze this for a second. If the Rams don't make this move and never land a franchise QB, how many more years does Snead get with the Rams? If they do make this trade and Goff/Wentz pans out how many years does Snead get with the Rams?

Its simple. He didn't have a realistic choice imo. If he doesn't make the move he lasts two more years tops.

Again, when has selling the farm like this ever worked? Especially for a team that's nowhere close to competing for a Super Bowl. I could understand giving up that much if there was Manning or Luck type of talent in this draft. But for Wentz/Goff? :poop:

Did they really sell the farm? Come on. They had the 13th rated defense and an up and coming Oline with a great RB. Their biggest need is probably WR after this trade and pick. So, why are all of those picks so critical to the teams future success? Then figure if they keep the picks and don't land a good/great QB. Ever look at teams that make it past round 1 in the playoffs? They all have good QBs. So no trade, no QB and no future playoff wins.

So now Wentz/Goff are already franchise qb's? Yeah, ok. :rolllaugh:

So naive.

You don't get it. With this trade the Rams now have the hope of having a franchise Qb again. No draft pick is a sure thing but before the trade the Rams chances of landing a future franchise QB were very slim. They now have as good of a chance as they can get.

Snead and Fisher drafted Gurley and Donald in back to back drafts. ORY and DRY consecutively. I have faith in their ability to evaluate players and they did that part before making the trade. If some fans want to call those two QBs franchise QBs already they should get a pass because they now have something to be both, excited about and hopeful about.

Because we know who the franchise guys are before they get drafted?
Cmon man

See the above post.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Nonsense.

Sorry man... I know you like him. And I like him to. And I listened to your podcast and I agree that our coach likes him...

All of that being said, he's not going to win us a playoff game.

I saw him play in person against the Whiners and his balls are errant, to say the least.

He doesn't throw DIMES, like Goff. Not even in the same universe - talent wise.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I've gotta say I think it's pretty classless to run an undrafted guy like Keenum down like that. He'll never be a star but he's played well enough for us to deserve better than that.

Sorry. YOu're right. I got excited. I'm tired of not having a competitive team to cheer for. And as long as the Rams are starting a backup QB... we aren't really a competitive team.

Ram Man

Rookie
Sorry. YOu're right. I got excited. I'm tired of not having a competitive team to cheer for. And as long as the Rams are starting a backup QB... we aren't really a competitive team.

No worries. I share your frustration about not having a competitive team.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
If you wanna feel a little better, just look at Seattle. They have a shit offense without Wilson. He took it to another level. Hopefully our new QB does that too. I would argue that our receivers are better, and our o line 100% is better. TE who knows. They can't use Graham for shit. They still do pretty well. And we have a better RB too. We should be ok if this QB we pick, ends up being what they expect.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Next year the Rams will have their 2nd round pick, a comp 3rd, two 4the, 5th, 6th, 7th. Plus if they make any trades. This trade won't hurt them in the long run at all.