2016-Rams trade up to #1 (old thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am......inconsolable about this move.:cry:

I just wanted to see them have some success THIS YEAR. So tired of waiting and waiting.
And you thought they could've had success by keeping the backup QBs they had starting before? I don't pretend to be an NFL scout, but I've seen enough and read enough from people I respect to believe that both Goff and Wentz even as rookies make the Rams better.

KDS73

Rookie
The winners in this trade are the teams that end up drafting 3-6. They'll end up getting one of Ramsey, Jack, Bosa, or Tunsil, because the Rams and Browns are so desperate for a qb that they're going to spend the first two picks reaching for qb prospects who have no business being drafted in the top 10, let alone the top 5.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Wait a second - Ah, son of a! - we didn't give up our 2017 2nd. I don't know where I thought that was coming from. I actually feel a lot better right now.

TexasRam

Legend
To say Goff has a tiny arm is ridiculous.

Go watch his actual game tape starting with the bowl game. Dude throws 40-50 yard lasers down the field with pinpoint accuracy with little effort.

if you want a true accurate pocket passer in the Brady mold go get Goff.

If you want a versatile QB that can run and has "potential" then get Wentz. Unproven competition he played against.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why are you telling me this? I'm not the one pretending to know that we're getting a franchise qb.
Well then neither did the Colts when they drafted Manning/Luck, Carolina when drafting Newton, the Giants drafting Manning etc

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Awesome. We're giving up 6-7 potential starters, and we're still not even sure who the pick will be. :yess:
The draft is in 2 weeks. The Rams were supposed to make the trade and announce the selection?
What are you gonna complain about next? The sky too blue?

Ram Man

Rookie
I don't understand your POV

Your comment is understandable. Despite my post, it's not just throwing away this year that bothers me, although that is a lot of the cause for my agitation. They gave up way too much to trade up. It'll hurt them next year, too.

This year the team would be better off with Keenum + the offensive players drafted with the picks given up. Instead we'll see Wentz/Goff without significant new help at WR/TE.
Wentz/Goff will also take time to develop. Not a specific knock against either of the rookies. With the offensive the Rams are likely to have in place next year, it is unlikely Wentz/Goff will play well in their first season.

TexasRam

Legend
Goff has better pocket presence and movement within the pocket along with a quick arm and the very important ability to quickly get through his reads.Goff is pro ready and has what an NFL QB needs. Excellent deep ball accuracy.

Wentz stronger arm and frame and running ability outside the pocket are intriguing. Lots of upside. But where is the quick release and ability to read a defense quickly? We don't know if he can do that or develop it. Risky pick for what we gave up.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
OM-Fcuk'ing'-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The draft is in 2 weeks. The Rams were supposed to make the trade and announce the selection?
What are you gonna complain about next? The sky too blue?

Plus, they may feel that either would be worth it - but might as well do even more research just in case - they do have time, after all.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Top defense + Top running game + Uber talented QB? Ask the Patriots and the Seahawks how that formula turned out. Cheer up, boys. Our days of suffering are over!

How would the seahawks know? They have never had more than 2 of the 3.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I didn't want to get excited about Goff b4 b/c I didn't think there was a chance in hell that we'd draft him...

But now, let the party begin!!! DIMES

Our new QB is named "DIMES" b/c all he does is drop DIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go BEARS! Go RAMS!

SUCK IT Whiners... :D

:football:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams prefer Goff? That's amazing. I like Wentz a lot but I prefer Goff. I think Goff will be a great QB. IMO, he has Peyton Manning like potential and I don't take a statement like that lightly. Peyton Manning is the best QB I've ever seen play.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Your comment is understandable. Despite my post, it's not just throwing away this year that bothers me, although that is a lot of the cause for my agitation. They gave up way too much to trade up. It'll hurt them next year, too.

This year the team would be better off with Keenum + the offensive players drafted with the picks given up. Instead we'll see Wentz/Goff without significant new help at WR/TE.
Wentz/Goff will also take time to develop. Not a specific knock against either of the rookies. With the offensive the Rams are likely to have in place next year, it is unlikely Wentz/Goff will play well in their first season.

Have you seen Keenum play? It doesn't matter who his WR are. HE SUCKSSSSSS ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and is no better than a #2 in his greatest moment.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Awesome. We're giving up 6-7 potential starters, and we're still not even sure who the pick will be.

Not likely. About half the players who go in the first 3 rounds of a typical draft won't start.

Anyway, they're making sure they have as much info at their disposal before they make the call, just like any other team would.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The Rams prefer Goff? That's amazing. I like Wentz a lot but I prefer Goff. I think Goff will be a great QB. IMO, he has Peyton Manning like potential and I don't take a statement like that lightly. Peyton Manning is the best QB I've ever seen play.
Yeah, as I mentioned earlier, after watching more film of both, I prefer Goff. Would be OK with either though....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Plus, they may feel that either would be worth it - but might as well do even more research just in case - they do have time, after all.
Cleveland could cough up a pick if they like the guy we aren't going to pick...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To me its like choosing between Selma Hayek or Sophia Vergara
Cant lose