2015 NFL Combine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
I think all of it is a bit overrated but Cooper did stand out today. Did amazing in the 3CD and short shuttle. Kevin White also had impressive 3CD and short shuttle times for his size.

Cooper is a NFL ready impact player. He's a rare type of guy that can step in Day 1 and be a very productive WR in a NFL offense because his skills are that polished.

That all said, I still hate the "(Position) can be had later in the draft." I can say the same thing about any other position except maybe QB(definitely QB this year). WRs can be had later in the draft too.

That shouldn't influence our decision making. Our decision making should be based on value as well as the strengths and weaknesses of this year's draft class.
Cooper's hand size is also outstanding. He and White would be great to have.

By saying we can get OGs later, I meant guys like Cann in the second round. I'm not devaluing the position, just this draft has some good OGs that can be had in the second or third. I really covet Scherff, Collins, Clemings, and Erving in the first (not at 10, but in a trade down situation).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2nd day is mid round for me(3rd-4th). I think Hill might have changed teams thoughts about taking a raw wr early. I think the WR class is kinda close to the QB class of this year. A few elite prospects early, but the rest are 2nd(if reaching) or later.

I agree with you on his skill set. He is a bully which is great, but with the combination o acl tear and no combine I can see him falling.

Usually agree with you jerry but gotta disagree with you on this. I say we make a bet on this. could be fun. say maybe $250 mil, just need to figure out the over/under. if your're up to it.

2nd day is 2nd to 3rd round. ;)

I highly doubt Hill changed anything. There have been a lot of Stephen Hills and NFL teams still haven't changed. They'll chances on very athletically gifted players. Sammie Coates is going to be another example of that.

Gotta disagree on the WR class as well. The QB class has two good players and then sucks(imo). The WR class has a lot of talent at the top and good depth.

Eh, this isn't something I'd really bet on. I'll bet on players panning out because I can evaluate that to the best of my ability...but it's kind of impossible for me to predict what NFL teams will do.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still agree with you on Cooper, have loved him since his freshman season like you have. He is special. And will be amazing in the NFL. I think me and you were on the Cooper bandwagon before most here. Both loved him more than Watkins last year. He is my favorite type of WR. Good size, fast, great route runner, hand catcher. Can you ask for anything more?

DGB's size with Cooper's athleticism, mind, intangibles, and skills? ;)

Cooper's hand size is also outstanding. He and White would be great to have.

By saying we can get OGs later, I meant guys like Cann in the second round. I'm not devaluing the position, just this draft has some good OGs that can be had in the second or third. I really covet Scherff, Collins, Clemings, and Erving in the first (not at 10, but in a trade down situation).

This WR class has some nice talents available later as well...just saying. He and White would definitely be great to have. As I said before, if Cooper is there at #10...done deal for me. If White is there, it would take a good trade for me to pass on him.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
2nd day is 2nd to 3rd round. ;)

I highly doubt Hill changed anything. There have been a lot of Stephen Hills and NFL teams still haven't changed. They'll chances on very athletically gifted players. Sammie Coates is going to be another example of that.

Gotta disagree on the WR class as well. The QB class has two good players and then sucks(imo). The WR class has a lot of talent at the top and good depth.

Eh, this isn't something I'd really bet on. I'll bet on players panning out because I can evaluate that to the best of my ability...but it's kind of impossible for me to predict what NFL teams will do.

Looks like we are gonna agree to disagree on this WR class. Its all good. I dont see much good depth, at least not near as compared to last year.

At least we still agree on Cooper. I'd take him over any WR in this class, hands down. Just dont agree on the depth.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

LOL, thatd be the #1 overall prospect. thats better than Megatron. That is the dream WR,

This WR class has some nice talents available later as well...just saying. He and White would definitely be great to have. As I said before, if Cooper is there at #10...done deal for me. If White is there, it would take a good trade for me to pass on him.
Cooper before White, but I could see us taking White if available. Would make the trade easily for me.

FRO

Legend

The gap between Cooper/White and a second round guy is much greater than Scherff/Collins and a second round guy I feel.

My primary objective is to build the biggest, meanest, nastiest line there is. I'm tired of not being able to run the ball at all in certain games. The reason Seattle is great is because they have the number 1 defense and the number 1 rushing game. The reason Dallas improved so much was due to the fact they could control the line of scrimmage and run the ball. It's easy to cover WRs when the run game is zero threat. Having said all that Cooper and White are like Aaron Donald in the fact that it may not be a need but it's impossible to pass on that skill.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like we are gonna agree to disagree on this WR class. Its all good. I dont see much good depth, at least not near as compared to last year.

At least we still agree on Cooper. I'd take him over any WR in this class, hands down. Just dont agree on the depth.

Well, naming just guys that I like(i.e. I'd draft somewhere):
1. Amari Cooper
2. Kevin White
3. DeVante Parker
4. Dorial Green-Beckham
5. Rashad Greene
6. DeAndre Smelter
7. Devin Smith
8. Phillip Dorsett
9. Nelson Agholor
10. Kenny Bell
11. Jamison Crowder(slot)
12. Justin Hardy(slot)
13. Josh Harper(slot)
14. Tre McBride
15. Antwan Goodley
16. Tyler Lockett(slot)
17. Vince Mayle

Then a lot of people like Jaelen Strong, Sammie Coates, Devin Funchess(I think he needs to play as a flex TE), and Breshad Perriman. There's also Chris Conley who destroyed the combine with a 4.35 40, a 45 inch vertical jump, and a 11 foot 7 inch broad jump at 6'2" 215.

Hell, I like Perriman but I think he needs to find the right scheme...which ours is not.

I think there's depth in this class.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The gap between Cooper/White and a second round guy is much greater than Scherff/Collins and a second round guy I feel.

Ehhhh, it depends on what happens on draft day.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Agree 100%

My primary objective is to build the biggest, meanest, nastiest line there is. I'm tired of not being able to run the ball at all in certain games. The reason Seattle is great is because they have the number 1 defense and the number 1 rushing game. The reason Dallas improved so much was due to the fact they could control the line of scrimmage and run the ball. It's easy to cover WRs when the run game is zero threat. Having said all that Cooper and White are like Aaron Donald in the fact that it may not be a need but it's impossible to pass on that skill.[/QUOTE]

I can agree with this. I think we can grab an amazing guard and great depth in the 2nd-4th rounds. Really all depends on if we re-sign Barks or not. If we re-sign him, thinkgs are much easier, if he leaves, WR in the 1st is out IMO. Hopefully at least.

Building a great O-line is a must, agree.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really all depends on if we re-sign Barks or not. If we re-sign him, thinkgs are much easier, if he leaves, WR in the 1st is out IMO. Hopefully at least.

Building a great O-line is a must, agree.

Even if Barksdale leaves, I think there are some options in FA that would allow us the flexibility of waiting. A few names are Michael Roos, Jermey Parnell, and Ryan Harris who could all serve as swing OTs and start at RT if needed. Hell, Jake Long on a cheap deal might be able to do it. Although I'd need to have a rookie behind him that I trusted since I don't trust Long's healthy.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Well, naming just guys that I like(i.e. I'd draft somewhere):
1. Amari Cooper
2. Kevin White
3. DeVante Parker
4. Dorial Green-Beckham
5. Rashad Greene
6. DeAndre Smelter
7. Devin Smith
8. Phillip Dorsett
9. Nelson Agholor
10. Kenny Bell
11. Jamison Crowder(slot)
12. Justin Hardy(slot)
13. Josh Harper(slot)
14. Tre McBride
15. Antwan Goodley
16. Tyler Lockett(slot)
17. Vince Mayle

Then a lot of people like Jaelen Strong, Sammie Coates, Devin Funchess(I think he needs to play as a flex TE), and Breshad Perriman. There's also Chris Conley who destroyed the combine with a 4.35 40, a 45 inch vertical jump, and a 11 foot 7 inch broad jump at 6'2" 215.

Hell, I like Perriman but I think he needs to find the right scheme...which ours is not.

I think there's depth in this class.

There is depth, but not much in the 2nd round, which is usually the biggest round for WR's IMO. Coates and Perrimen are 2nd rounders, the rest are either 1st our 3rd/or later round prospects IMO. Though I am sure teams will reach a bit on some.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is depth, but not much in the 2nd round, which is usually the biggest round for WR's IMO. Coates and Perrimen are 2nd rounders, the rest are either 1st our 3rd/or later round prospects IMO. Though I am sure teams will reach a bit on some.

Greene, Smith, and Dorsett are all second round picks imo. And there's a chance DGB falls out of the first.

I am high on all three of those guys. Devin Smith reminds me of Torrey Smith. Dorsett reminds me of Hilton. And Greene brings back memories of Bruce.

Will Greene be as good as Bruce? Probably not but I feel confident that he'll be productive in the NFL.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Even if Barksdale leaves, I think there are some options in FA that would allow us the flexibility of waiting. A few names are Michael Roos, Jermey Parnell, and Ryan Harris who could all serve as swing OTs and start at RT if needed. Hell, Jake Long on a cheap deal might be able to do it. Although I'd need to have a rookie behind him that I trusted since I don't trust Long's healthy.

Roos is at the end of his career, the others i could live with. Long i could live with at RT if healthy. Agree 100% we would need a rookie behind him. Cant trust Long at all.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Roos is at the end of his career, the others i could live with. Long i could live with at RT if healthy. Agree 100% we would need a rookie behind him. Cant trust Long at all.

Roos was playing well at LT before getting hurt last year. If he decides to give it another go, I think he can provide quality play at RT.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Greene, Smith, and Dorsett are all second round picks imo. And there's a chance DGB falls out of the first.

I am high on all three of those guys. Devin Smith reminds me of Torrey Smith. Dorsett reminds me of Hilton. And Greene brings back memories of Bruce.

Will Greene be as good as Bruce? Probably not but I feel confident that he'll be productive in the NFL.

Smith is more Givens at this point IMO. Dorsett is just speed, Greene, I can agree with at least.

No chance DGB falls at this point, He will be a 1st rounder easy. I hate saying so cause I'd love to grab him in the 2nd. But no way he gets passed the 1st round.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Roos was playing well at LT before getting hurt last year. If he decides to give it another go, I think he can provide quality play at RT.

If, Fisher brings him here, I hope you are right. I just hate bringing in oldish Lineman now, we have horrible luck with them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Smith is more Givens at this point IMO. Dorsett is just speed, Greene, I can agree with at least.

No chance DGB falls at this point, He will be a 1st rounder easy. I hate saying so cause I'd love to grab him in the 2nd. But no way he gets passed the 1st round.

Smith is much tougher than Givens and can actually make catches with contact. Dorsett is more than speed. He has a ton of speed but he cuts well and can maintain his speed in his breaks unlike most super fast guys who have to gear down significantly. He's a smooth fast. Like Hilton.

You know what, though, Kenny Stills is a better comparison for Devin Smith. You're right, Torrey is a bigger and stronger guy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If, Fisher brings him here, I hope you are right. I just hate bringing in oldish Lineman now, we have horrible luck with them.

But this would be a different scenario. Rather than bringing in an old lineman to rely on. We'd be bringing him in as a bridge for a young OT. I think we stand a better chance than in the former scenario because we're not paying them a bunch of money and relying on them to be the guy for us.

Plus, prior to this injury, Roos had been a really durable and reliable OT.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Smith is much tougher than Givens and can actually make catches with contact. Dorsett is more than speed. He has a ton of speed but he cuts well and can maintain his speed in his breaks unlike most super fast guys who have to gear down significantly. He's a smooth fast. Like Hilton.

You know what, though, Kenny Stills is a better comparison for Devin Smith. You're right, Torrey is a bigger and stronger guy.

I can agree with the Stills comparison. Dont think Dorsett is as smooth as Hilton, though have never been high on Hilton.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can agree with the Stills comparison. Dont think Dorsett is as smooth as Hilton, though have never been high on Hilton.

Dorsett is smooth. One of the things that people really raved about at the Senior Bowl. And I love Hilton. He's a guy that just destroys man coverage.