FEATURE 20 Random Shooing the Vultures Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don’t think the Oline would have been great or even good the way it was constructed after preseason.

The Rams had one glaring weakness and that was it Oline. Then the problem was magnified by injury. Edwards has not been good, so how does he magically improve next to Noteboom? Allen with a healthy knee is average. Shelton is a career backup. Four out of five spots were average to below to start the season. I was hoping for some key upgrades that never came.

Backup QB has been a weak spot for years. What have the coaches thought they ever saw in the two they had?

Drafting has been subpar. No Rochelle, no Burgess, relying on Long and Rapp? Something’s gotta give. I guess had they landed Tyran M or Gilmore then that would have been fixed.

I don’t see an easy fix. But I don’t come here all that much lately to gripe. It’s a bit dismal when the team has taken a nosedive. It will be very interesting to see how this off-season unfolds for this team. If it’s a fingers crossed approach that involves just getting everyone healthy on the Oline, I won’t be impressed.

I’m not a vulture btw. I didn’t see the DB problem being so prominent but I’ve criticized the Oline build for a few years and was not duped by glimpses of hope. I think everyone saw the backup QB problem but just prayed that they would not need to be relied upon.

It is what it is. I’m not angry, just disappointed.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Quick question; What happened on the play that Stafford got his second concussion? I didn't see the game and am curious if it was due to Evan's poor play or just a general breakdown of a broken down line...

Tano

Legend
Quick question; What happened on the play that Stafford got his second concussion? I didn't see the game and am curious if it was due to Evan's poor play or just a general breakdown of a broken down line...
I think it was Evans

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
We need to get rid of every single offensive lineman except Hav. We should trade Noteboom (injury waiting to happen), trade or cut Floyd, and if we aren't going to use Allen Robinson properly, trade him too. Go after a LT and center in FA like Orlando Brown and/or Jason Kelce, then go get a damn RB worth a damn after Hendo walks. Go after Pollard, Jacobs, or even the tier below them. Now gimme a lil bit to make sure I can fudge the numbers on Madden to make this shit work. Go Rams!!!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
We need to get rid of every single offensive lineman except Hav. We should trade Noteboom (injury waiting to happen), trade or cut Floyd, and if we aren't going to use Allen Robinson properly, trade him too. Go after a LT and center in FA like Orlando Brown and/or Jason Kelce, then go get a damn RB worth a damn after Hendo walks. Go after Pollard, Jacobs, or even the tier below them. Now gimme a lil bit to make sure I can fudge the numbers on Madden to make this shit work. Go Rams!!!

I don't know that many of those moves would work.

It's difficult (dead-$, resulting in less cap-relief) to move-on from new contracts (Noteboom and Robinson) and re-structures (Floyd). It's possible but can be expensive.

Brown is on a Franchise Tag, and is unlikely to come free. Even if K.C. would move him, a trade would likely cost a #1 pick, plus more. Believe Kelce considered retirement this off-season; and he's unlikely to play anywhere other than Philadelphia. Free agent RBs are risky; and I don't see Dallas letting Pollard (Henderson's college teammate) go.

The kicker is that the Rams are unlikely to have significant cap space to play with. Hope I am wrong.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I don't know that many of those moves would work.

It's difficult (dead-$, resulting in less cap-relief) to move-on from new contracts (Noteboom and Robinson) and re-structures (Floyd). It's possible but can be expensive.

Brown is on a Franchise Tag, and is unlikely to come free. Even if K.C. would move him, a trade would likely cost a #1 pick, plus more. Believe Kelce considered retirement this off-season; and he's unlikely to play anywhere other than Philadelphia. Free agent RBs are risky; and I don't see Dallas letting Pollard (Henderson's college teammate) go.

The kicker is that the Rams are unlikely to have significant cap space to play with. Hope I am wrong.
I posted an article earlier and apparently the Rams can get about 60 mil in cap room with some of these moves if I'm correct. That's some serious money we could use to upgrade this turd of a unit we call the offensive line.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Here it is plus I included screenshots of the part I was talking about.....

Screenshot_20221122-114225.png
Screenshot_20221122-114303.png
Screenshot_20221122-114321.png
Screenshot_20221122-114345.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I posted an article earlier and apparently the Rams can get about 60 mil in cap room with some of these moves if I'm correct. That's some serious money we could use to upgrade this turd of a unit we call the offensive line.
That's good, if it's accurate.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Holy fate, GOT/ASoIaF is one of the best fantasy series ever (not counting my works). I just wish the GRRM wasn't a die-hard Cheatriots fan and a huge procrastinator (lawl, not that I'm not, haha), but it's a fantastic series, even with the faults. House of the Dragon is also a fantastic watch.
We know the answer to the question posed years ago - what happens first? GRRM finishing his series or the Rams winning the SB!

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Avenger:

I’ll admit I participated in a “what if “ scenario and mentioned trading #99 to the steelers.

Let me be clear. I would rather have Donald retire a Ram.

…however, all possibilities can be entertained when considering huge moves to set up this franchise for another SB run.

As for hindsight on the current season, I didn’t get all gooey when when the Rams essentially replaced Woods with Robinson. It was constantly repeated on this forum that it would be an upgrade. I doubted it from the onset and still don’t see it.

As for the OL decisions, I fully supported re-signing Noteboom because he had played well at LT when given the opportunities and he was being groomed for the job. He got hurt.
I also understood why the the Rams kept Allen over corbin. The Rams felt they had nobody else who would be an upgrade and Allen did a good job in ‘21. OTH, they had more options at guard.

The Rams lived for the moment, leaving little draft capital and less $$ for any huge moves this year.
…but IT WORKED!

The Rams won the SB with this formula.

It sucks seeing all of the injuries and uninspiring play, but it is tough to be competitive with all of the adversity this season.

What should be pointed out is those players we have ragged on, like Rapp and Evans are in their last year under contract and the consensus on this board is they will not return. That was the prevailing opinion going in, and certainly hasn’t changed.

There is still an opportunity for something positive to come out of this season. Instead of “waiting ‘till next year” on candidates for starting jobs or even roster spots, we can get them real game reps now. Camp performance isn’t always the best indicator of future performance.

In the end, the Rams won the SB on my fucking birthday and they had to go through the 9ers to do it. Am I sorry? Am I disappointed in “the plan”?

FUCK NO!!