20 Random Post 2024 Draft Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
13. I was wrong about CB being a priority. My hope is that the Rams’ faith in Tre’Davious White’s health is well-placed. If it is, we are, again, set for this year. If not (or, ever if we’re just a bit unsure), I still think an Ahkello Witherspoon reunion (1 year deal) makes sense.

14. I was wrong about the Rams targeting an ILB. I guess that, with the way the defense rotates, Ernest Jones, Christian Rozeboom and Troy Reeder is enough.
Not sure you were wrong about them. The draft was just bad at both spots after top few. Rams decided to go elsewhere then.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I talked mad shit when FSU protested and boycotted the game against Georgia, and then we draft two of their boys right away lol
I have 49ers hate for Michigan, FSU and Miami.
But blood is thicker than water so welcome aboard Verse, Fiske, Corum and Kinchens!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I completely approve of the "Kingpin" Fiske trade. Giving up a second was hard, but he's a first-round prospect along with Newton, in my books. When Newton and Orhorhoro (and I guess Sweat) went off the board, I had to imagine that Fiske was the last of the truly elite defensive linemen in this class.

That's worth giving up a second, in my honest opinion, and you still have next year's first and two thirds to play with.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know I overuse this word, Gristle, but that’s what the Rams are going after and nobody in this draft has more of that than Fiske. And I’d venture Verse, Kitchens, Corum, and Jackson are in the top of that category as well. I like It very very much!!!!!
Oh, I don't know....I think their tough as a dried out corn-cob! (Nebraska reference)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Oh, I don't know....I think their tough as a dried out corn-cob! (Nebraska reference)
Pre toilet paper requirement, really worked on polyps back in the day. :sur:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

AHEM. "They're." And you call yourself a writer? Shameful. Maybe you're from a place worse than Nebraska? Like Kansas, hmm?

:p ;)

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I disagree on the bolded. I especially disagree on the bolded and underlined. Desjuan Johnson was an extremely productive rookie, and he can provide a pass-rush all over the line, while being a quality run-stuffer. Hoecht is your backup edge, and honestly, he'll be excellnet there.

As for the bolded, as much as we malign Hampton and Mathis, they still have a solid chance of making the roster, especially Hampton because of his speed on teams. Skowronek might be cut for money, but right now - Whittington aside - nobody plays special teams as well as him (except maybe THT), and I guarantee McVay's thinking that we need pure special teams players after the debacle last year and the new special teams rules.
It comes down to numbers.

At DE/EDGE, Young, Verse and Jackson are pretty locks. That leaves Hoecht, Johnson Hampton and Thomas fighting for 2-3 spots on the active roster.

Same type of situation at WR. Puka, Kupp and Robinson are locks. Tutu is a near lock. That leaves Skow, JWhitt and TJohnson fighting for what’s left.

I wasn’t suggesting that all of these fringe vets will be gone. Some will, though.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AHEM. "They're." And you call yourself a writer? Shameful. Maybe you're from a place worse than Nebraska? Like Kansas, hmm?

:p ;)
It's totally weird, I went back to university in my late 40's and only learned the rules after that. Everything I learned is n a separate file in my brain that I must purposely access to remember, which I rarely do on this forum.:laugh1:. I only remember when in editing mode.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
It's totally weird, I went back to university in my late 40's and only learned the rules after that. Everything I learned is n a separate file in my brain that I must purposely access to remember, which I rarely do on this forum.:laugh1:. I only remember when in editing mode.
Keep doing you. It's fine. We enjoy it.