FEATURE 20 Random A Blowout (If We're Not Mistaken) Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
6) Higbee can be a bit underrated to the average fan, but he’s vital to this offense. He had a couple drops earlier, but seems on track now.
8) could Skow be bringing back the versatile FB role that has really only been embraced consistently by the 9ers? Every now and then we see another team employ their FB to be a route runner. Not often.
9) when it comes to our new WR AR, this is all I have to say right now, “I have yet to see him make a play that Robert Woods doesn’t easily make, but I have seen him botch a few.”
I must be obviously biased, but I’m still not convinced swapping these guys out was the right move. I hope I end up being wrong.
10) Ramsey showed what makes him so good. Yeah, he can cover but he loves to come up and stick the ball carrier too. What gets me is how many times a crucial down/play is thrown at a guy he’s covering. Just strange.
11) Kendrick: another rookie with a great debut. He was protected, playing soft, but he DID keep everything in front of him and he was quick to come up—making some nice plays. Rochell is still on the bench?
15) OL is starting to gel. This lineup looks more cohesive than the one that started, but the entire team looked rusty the first 2 games. Actually, they still do a bit. The only concern I have with the current unit is seeing Noteboom 3 yards deep in our backfield every time the Rams try to run wide left. He’s playing well in the other areas.
17) that 3rd down throw on the Rams’ second possession in the 2nd half is the most impressive pass Stafford has thrown so far this season. Just wicked and clutch.

All in all, the defense has to get off the field. Poor job of doing that so far. More guys are rotating in, though. That’s good to see. The most significant thing so far might be that the Rams are far from healthy and have some major talent not playing or not at 100%. It’s a long season. They just need to play solid until the reinforcements arrive.
By the end of the year Stafford and Robinson will have enough time to find the chemistry. Right before the playoffs. It will be Like a surprise teams will over look a little. Go rams

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It’s interesting.. the Cards made plenty of mistakes too.. and left points on the board.

But.. if you cleaned up the mistakes offenses made on both sides… the Rams still win by 10+.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
6) Higbee can be a bit underrated to the average fan, but he’s vital to this offense. He had a couple drops earlier, but seems on track now.
8) could Skow be bringing back the versatile FB role that has really only been embraced consistently by the 9ers? Every now and then we see another team employ their FB to be a route runner. Not often.
9) when it comes to our new WR AR, this is all I have to say right now, “I have yet to see him make a play that Robert Woods doesn’t easily make, but I have seen him botch a few.”
I must be obviously biased, but I’m still not convinced swapping these guys out was the right move. I hope I end up being wrong.
10) Ramsey showed what makes him so good. Yeah, he can cover but he loves to come up and stick the ball carrier too. What gets me is how many times a crucial down/play is thrown at a guy he’s covering. Just strange.
11) Kendrick: another rookie with a great debut. He was protected, playing soft, but he DID keep everything in front of him and he was quick to come up—making some nice plays. Rochell is still on the bench?
15) OL is starting to gel. This lineup looks more cohesive than the one that started, but the entire team looked rusty the first 2 games. Actually, they still do a bit. The only concern I have with the current unit is seeing Noteboom 3 yards deep in our backfield every time the Rams try to run wide left. He’s playing well in the other areas.
17) that 3rd down throw on the Rams’ second possession in the 2nd half is the most impressive pass Stafford has thrown so far this season. Just wicked and clutch.

All in all, the defense has to get off the field. Poor job of doing that so far. More guys are rotating in, though. That’s good to see. The most significant thing so far might be that the Rams are far from healthy and have some major talent not playing or not at 100%. It’s a long season. They just need to play solid until the reinforcements arrive.
I think the thing about Higbee that gets fans down on him is that he’s not as fluid as some of the other good TEs in the league.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think the thing about Higbee that gets fans down on him is that he’s not as fluid as some of the other good TEs in the league.
I don’t find Gronkowski the most fluid looking either. So agree Higbee labors out there to get the job done.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He does, however, currently lead NFC TEs in receiving yards, I believe.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I don’t find Gronkowski the most fluid looking either. So agree Higbee labors out there to get the job done.
Good comparison in terms of style. Both Gronk and Higbee really "rumble" out there.

Compare that to Kyle Pitts in Atlanta, who is as smooth as even the silkiest route running WRs.

Either style can be effective. No complaints about Higbee from me. He's a reliable player at a very thin position league-wide.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Good comparison in terms of style. Both Gronk and Higbee really "rumble" out there.

Compare that to Kyle Pitts in Atlanta, who is as smooth as even the silkiest route running WRs.

Either style can be effective. No complaints about Higbee from me. He's a reliable player at a very thin position league-wide.
And, he’s the Rams’ all-time yardage leader among TEs.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
1. This is the kind of game that really divides the half-empty from the half-full mindsets.

2. On the plus side, we played a 2021 playoff team on their home field, took an early lead, and never relinquished it.

3. On the flip side, dropped passes, allowed fourth down conversions and an untimely fumble prevented this game from becoming a blowout.

4, But, hey... with this win and losses by Seattle and San Francisco, the Rams sit alone in first place in the NFC West.

5. A bad day for Cooper Kupp, who failed to secure what would have been a pretty TD pass. And, still... he makes his mark with a 20 yard TD run, his first career rushing TD!

6. Tyler Higbee had a nice outing once again.

7. Saw some of the Sun Tzu evasive tactics in the play calling, which kept the Cardinals' defense off balance with wide screens and Kupp's beautifully executed jet sweep.

8. So... who had Ben Skowronek with more receiving yards than Allen Robinson after three games?

9. Another half-full/half-empty issues, I suppose. We'd definitely like to see more from A-Rob, who dropped a slant at the goal line. Skowronek's emergence, though, is nice to see with Van Jefferson shelved for at least another 3 weeks.

10. Loved what I saw from Jalen Ramsey today.

11. Some nice moments for Derion Kendrick too. Unfortunately, he's in concussion protocol. Tough keeping these CBs healthy!

12. Aaron Donald joins the 100 sack club!

13. Cam Akers started cooking, then dropped the rock inside the 2 yard line. Will McVay continue to trust him?

14. Nice job by special teams today. Blocked punt, some nice returns by Brandon Powell, and a couple of (doink!) FGs.

15. The OL did a nice job, as it tries to come together with some new parts.

16. The Rams will have a huge opportunity next week against San Francisco. A win would really put them in a great spot in their quest to win another NFC West Title.

17. Matthew Stafford had some nifty footwork today avoiding sacks and picking up first downs.

18. Rams defense allowed 4.7 yards/play against the Falcons and 4.5 this week. Those are very solid numbers.

19. The Rams have not played great football this year yet. I see reason for hope that they are just getting warmed up, though. Can't wait to see them put it all together.

20. Shana Tovah to my Ramishpacha! Its a new year! Shofar, so good!
#16. Unfortunately I suspect the Rams will lose this one to Jimmy G, let's face it, the Niners have their number although they lost their starting LT last week so perhaps there's hope (but I doubt it).

#19. Not only have they not played great football, I'd settle for a few more points per game (like 7+) as their current 20.3 ppg is rather enemic at best.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
#16. Unfortunately I suspect the Rams will lose this one to Jimmy G, let's face it, the Niners have their number although they lost their starting LT last week so perhaps there's hope (but I doubt it).

#19. Not only have they not played great football, I'd settle for a few more points per game (like 7+) as their current 20.3 ppg is rather enemic at best.
First point - well, we did win the last one.

Second point - notably, SF, GB and TB are all averaging under 20 ppg.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
First point - well, we did win the last one.

Second point - notably, SF, GB and TB are all averaging under 20 ppg.
Yeah.. early season issues on offense, for sure.

They need to play as clean a game as possible on offense and special teams.

I think they’ll likely hold the 9ers under 20… can they score more than that?