FEATURE 20 Random A Blowout (If We're Not Mistaken) Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. This is the kind of game that really divides the half-empty from the half-full mindsets.

2. On the plus side, we played a 2021 playoff team on their home field, took an early lead, and never relinquished it.

3. On the flip side, dropped passes, allowed fourth down conversions and an untimely fumble prevented this game from becoming a blowout.

4, But, hey... with this win and losses by Seattle and San Francisco, the Rams sit alone in first place in the NFC West.

5. A bad day for Cooper Kupp, who failed to secure what would have been a pretty TD pass. And, still... he makes his mark with a 20 yard TD run, his first career rushing TD!

6. Tyler Higbee had a nice outing once again.

7. Saw some of the Sun Tzu evasive tactics in the play calling, which kept the Cardinals' defense off balance with wide screens and Kupp's beautifully executed jet sweep.

8. So... who had Ben Skowronek with more receiving yards than Allen Robinson after three games?

9. Another half-full/half-empty issues, I suppose. We'd definitely like to see more from A-Rob, who dropped a slant at the goal line. Skowronek's emergence, though, is nice to see with Van Jefferson shelved for at least another 3 weeks.

10. Loved what I saw from Jalen Ramsey today.

11. Some nice moments for Derion Kendrick too. Unfortunately, he's in concussion protocol. Tough keeping these CBs healthy!

12. Aaron Donald joins the 100 sack club!

13. Cam Akers started cooking, then dropped the rock inside the 2 yard line. Will McVay continue to trust him?

14. Nice job by special teams today. Blocked punt, some nice returns by Brandon Powell, and a couple of (doink!) FGs.

15. The OL did a nice job, as it tries to come together with some new parts.

16. The Rams will have a huge opportunity next week against San Francisco. A win would really put them in a great spot in their quest to win another NFC West Title.

17. Matthew Stafford had some nifty footwork today avoiding sacks and picking up first downs.

18. Rams defense allowed 4.7 yards/play against the Falcons and 4.5 this week. Those are very solid numbers.

19. The Rams have not played great football this year yet. I see reason for hope that they are just getting warmed up, though. Can't wait to see them put it all together.

20. Shana Tovah to my Ramishpacha! Its a new year! Shofar, so good!

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
It's nice to not have to depend on kupp for positive plays all the time. Keeps him fresh for big games and the playoffs. Ben is a stud

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Yeah, Cooper's TD run was a thing of beauty but I can't help but be a little sad that his NFL record 90+ receiving yards over 7/8 games in a row was ended today. Mebbe he starts another streak soon but that was an incredible run by Mr. Kupp!!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I understand playing a bend but don’t break defense since the defense is missing so many starters in the backfield. But I still don’t like it. The defense was on the field way too much in the second half. Long slow drives tire them out.

I loved seeing the running game get some life. When Rob went down, Evans even played well in his short absence. The surprise for me though was the left side moving people on some runs. Keep it up.

I hope McVay rights the ship sooner than later. Too many penalties. Too many offensive miscues and stalled drives in the second half. Is anyone noticing a trend with first and second halves?

Some real bright spots were Skowronek, Powell, Lewis, and Ramsey. It seems to be moving in the right direction, slowly.

Gotta love that one point low scoring loss for the 49ers :zany1:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just want to praise Brandon Powell a little bit more. He caught a pass or two and did well when he got the ball, and he is tough. He is also an excellent returner. He has totally risen from the ranks and his low entry into the NFL, to be an important part of this team.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
11. Some nice moments for Derion Kendrick too. Unfortunately, he's in concussion protocol. Tough keeping these CBs healthy!
Real tough.....I found it interesting that just elavated from Practice Squad CB Grant Haley & Rookie 6th rd pick Derion Kendrick playing in front of 2ns yr corner Robert Rochell? Kendrick held up well under fire.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Yeah, Cooper's TD run was a thing of beauty but I can't help but be a little sad that his NFL record 90+ receiving yards over 7/8 games in a row was ended today. Mebbe he starts another streak soon but that was an incredible run by Mr. Kupp!!!

~ArkyRamsFan~
It was 15 games in a row and he had the record by a mile. Nobody is catching up to that any time soon.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I love Cobie Durant and Derion Kendrick but damn I’d love them to stay healthy!

They need that all important year 2 of the Rams strength and conditionioning program and that should help

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Real tough.....I found it interesting that just elavated from Practice Squad CB Grant Haley & Rookie 6th rd pick Derion Kendrick playing in front of 2ns yr corner Robert Rochell? Kendrick held up well under fire.
Yea I was really surprised to see Haley in front of Rochelle. I didn't even know he was on the team. Lol. But he played great for someone just off practice squad. I saw him everywhere out there. Just needs to tackle a bit higher.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I'll take the W.
IMG_20220926_055641.gif

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
There is a lot to be excited about. The offensive game plan showed creativity, manufacturing more time for Stafford to throw the ball.

Cam was exciting to watch.

Sko was a bright spot as was Higbeast.

JR was playing out of his mind. Scott has maintained his playoff form.

Lewis looked really good.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And a very nice "welcome back to the family", 28 yard catch and run by Kendall Blanton. Great to see ya big fella!

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Skowronek impressed today and it's great to have Ramsey back on form.
Although not a blowout, we never looked like we would lose this game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
And a very nice "welcome back to the family", 28 yard catch and run by Kendall Blanton. Great to see ya big fella!
I preferred Blanton over Hopkins. He seems a little more athletic.

I wonder if being drafted compared to undrafted influences the coaches decisions to cut a player.

I am going to guess that they have high hopes for Roger Carter to develop as a versatile weapon down the road and couldn’t keep all of the TEs

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto

I wonder if being drafted compared to undrafted influences the coaches decisions to cut a player.

I am going to guess that they have high hopes for Roger Carter to develop as a versatile weapon down the road and couldn’t keep all of the TEs
I'm guessing drafting vs UDFA does influece it some. It's hard to take an L on a draft pick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think McVay plays who he thinks gives him the best chance to win, and once their on the practice field draft status means nothing. The Hopkins sitch from the jump has been a total head scratcher, and seems to fly in the total opposite direction. Carter could have a future in LA, his story isnt finished yet IMO

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I just want to praise Brandon Powell a little bit more. He caught a pass or two and did well when he got the ball, and he is tough. He is also an excellent returner. He has totally risen from the ranks and his low entry into the NFL, to be an important part of this team.
I feel like he runs/plays with a ferocity.. he's had to fight for every opportunity and I think it shows. He's not a top-end burner/playmaker.. but he's good at it and has some really good YAC. I like that he gives defenses a different look.