12/30 bowl games (Part 1) [QB watch time]

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
People on here out waaaaay to much stock in singular games whether good or bad, especially without looking at broader pictures. @jrry32 nailed it with his Hc gone.

And Auburn is a garbage D while Ole Miss a top D.

Bad games happen, even against crap competition. The Rams have more than proven that fact themselves.

I agree that bad games happen and you certainly have to look at all the film. But Lynch missing his head coach should have no effect on his mechanics and accuracy. That's not a legitimate excuse. I still think he's a good prospect but Goff has definitely shown he's the better player.

Athos

Legend
I don't think I not @jrry32 have said Lynch is perfect. Definitely needs foot work sorted out for one.

And there's really no argument that Goff is easily the best of them all.

But Lynch, Cook, Wentz won't be any slouches of prospects if we can't move high enough for Goff.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree that bad games happen and you certainly have to look at all the film. But Lynch missing his head coach should have no effect on his mechanics and accuracy. That's not a legitimate excuse. I still think he's a good prospect but Goff has definitely shown he's the better player.

How would it not?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lynch is a great prospect. One bad game, so what? I watched his good games and they were impressive. He performed co consistently all year.
I hope this game pushes him in Ram range.

But like stated earlier, they may be looking for a more pro ready QB. I want the best available. Maybe Keenum can hold down the fort until a project is ready.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
How would it not?

I fully understand how missing his head coach would affect the play calling. But there is no reason that absence should drastically affect Lynch's mechanics and accuracy. There is no reason it should. If his accuracy and mechanics can be that affected by a short-term coaching change then he has no business in the NFL. Luckily I think he just had a bad game but there are things about his film that concern me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I fully understand how missing his head coach would affect the play calling. But there is no reason that absence should drastically affect Lynch's mechanics and accuracy. There is no reason it should. Luckily I think he just had a bad game but there are things about his film that concern me.

You're treating a QB like he's a car. If he had a flat tire, it must have just been the tire failing.

Accuracy is tied to mechanics. And mechanics are tied to the QB's mind. When a QB is flustered and lacks confidence, guess what's the first thing to go? His lower body mechanics.

It's not hard to believe that losing the coach he spent 3 years with messed with Lynch's mind.

If his accuracy and mechanics can be that affected by a short-term coaching change then he has no business in the NFL.

This isn't sound logic. Good coaches bond with their players. There is a relationship. It's not like Lynch lost his coach after the 2014 season and struggled all year. He lost his coach a few weeks ago and was expected to play his final game without him.

It makes a difference. QBs are people. I have no worries about Lynch's mental toughness after his freshman year. But it's not hard to understand how losing his coach, a coach known for working with QBs, could mess with a QB's head a bit when he had to play a game a few weeks later.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
You're treating a QB like he's a car. If he had a flat tire, it must have just been the tire failing.

Accuracy is tied to mechanics. And mechanics are tied to the QB's mind. When a QB is flustered and lacks confidence, guess what's the first thing to go? His lower body mechanics.

It's not hard to believe that losing the coach he spent 3 years with messed with Lynch's mind.

This isn't sound logic. Good coaches bond with their players. There is a relationship. It's not like Lynch lost his coach after the 2014 season and struggled all year. He lost his coach a few weeks ago and was expected to play his final game without him.

It makes a difference. QBs are people. I have no worries about Lynch's mental toughness after his freshman year. But it's not hard to understand how losing his coach, a coach known for working with QBs, could mess with a QB's head a bit when he had to play a game a few weeks later.

So without his coach there suddenly all his mechanics, developed after years of training, go out the window? I don't think so. Could it affect him? Sure. But his mechanics shouldn't deteriorate like that.

And honestly, in the NFL, players are kinda like cars. Sure there is a human aspect to it but these are professionals expected to perform no matter the conditions. Like I said, if Lynch really was that flustered by not have his coach for ONE game, then he isn't ready for the NFL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So without his coach there suddenly all his mechanics, developed after years of training, go out the window? I don't think so. Could it affect him? Sure. But his mechanics shouldn't deteriorate like that.

And honestly, in the NFL, players are kinda like cars. Sure there is a human aspect to it but these are professionals expected to perform no matter the conditions.

No. Pretty clear you didn't read what I said. Without his coach, his confidence and mindset are altered. Which has an effect on his mechanics. Have you never noticed how a QB's lower body mechanics get sloppy after they get hit a lot in a game? It's not because an injury caused it. It's because they lose confidence and get flustered.

NFL players are not like cars. One of the biggest parts of a coach's job is managing egos. People are not cars. They don't just go when you tell them to go.

Like I said, if Lynch really was that flustered by not have his coach for ONE game, then he isn't ready for the NFL.

You can keep saying it but you're not correct. There's almost no comparison in the NFL to do what just happened to Lynch. Good coaches don't typically leave the team in the middle of the season.

It's unrealistic to think losing a coach has no effect on his QB. Especially a coach that was as involved with his QBs as Fuente was.

But that's not the sole reason for him struggling. But it is why I don't put a ton of stock in a bad game here.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
No. Pretty clear you didn't read what I said. Without his coach, his confidence and mindset are altered. Which has an effect on his mechanics. Have you never noticed how a QB's lower body mechanics get sloppy after they get hit a lot in a game? It's not because an injury caused it. It's because they lose confidence and get flustered.

NFL players are not like cars. One of the biggest parts of a coach's job is managing egos. People are not cars. They don't just go when you tell them to go.

You can keep saying it but you're not correct. There's almost no comparison in the NFL to do what just happened to Lynch. Good coaches don't typically leave the team in the middle of the season.

It's unrealistic to think losing a coach has no effect on his QB. Especially a coach that was as involved with his QBs as Fuente was.

But that's not the sole reason for him struggling. But it is why I don't put a ton of stock in a bad game here.

We'll just agree to disagree on this one. I do think there is enough good film to offset the bad bowl performance. However, like I've said before, there are things in Lynch's film that concern me. I hope I'm just being picky.