12/30 bowl games (Part 1) [QB watch time]

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
We're starting to get into the bowl games with more prospects and some of the better prospects. Today's early games have 3 QBs who will be drafted.

Auburn vs. Memphis, Birmingham Bowl, 11:00 ESPN

Auburn
#5 WR Ricardo Lewis (late rd/FA)
#8 ILB Cassanova McKinzy (day 3)
#1 DT Montravius Adams (day 3)
#3 CB Jonathan Jones (day 3)
#6 DaVonte Lambert (late rd/FA

Memphis
#12 QB Paxton Lynch (day 1)
#77 OT Taylor Fallin (late rd/FA)

I'm sure I left some off. This game gives you a chance to watch one of the top, if not the top, QBs in this draft. The knock on Lynch is level of competition. It will be interesting to see how he performs against a top notch program.

North Carolina State vs. Mississippi State, Belk Bowl, 2:30 ESPN

North Carolina State
#12 QB Jacoby Brissett (day 2)
#54 OG Joe Thuney (late rd/FA)
#11 CB Juston Burris (late rd/FA)

Mississippi State
#15 QB Dak Prescott (day 2)
#1 WR De'Runnya Wilson (day 2)
#98 DT Chris Jones (day 3)
#23 CB Taveze Calhoun (day 3)

This game features a battle between two of the second tier QBs in this draft, both of whom bring out widely differing opinions of their draft slots.

Unfortunately, my day job will keep me from watching so you guys will have to let me know how it goes in both games.

Athos

Legend
Tough day for Lynch may help us.

Memphis Oline and skill players look overmatched.

Just slower than Auburns D.

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tough day for Lynch may help us.

Memphis Oline and skill players look overmatched.

Just slower than Auburns D.

How well it help? If Goff is the clear #1, more will attempt to trade up for him.

spamlord

Rookie
We're starting to get into the bowl games with more prospects and some of the better prospects. Today's early games have 3 QBs who will be drafted.

Auburn vs. Memphis, Birmingham Bowl, 11:00 ESPN

Auburn
#5 WR Ricardo Lewis (late rd/FA)
#8 ILB Cassanova McKinzy (day 3)
#1 DT Montravius Adams (day 3)
#3 CB Jonathan Jones (day 3)
#6 DaVonte Lambert (late rd/FA

Memphis
#12 QB Paxton Lynch (day 1)
#77 OT Taylor Fallin (late rd/FA)

I'm sure I left some off. This game gives you a chance to watch one of the top, if not the top, QBs in this draft. The knock on Lynch is level of competition. It will be interesting to see how he performs against a top notch program.

North Carolina State vs. Mississippi State, Belk Bowl, 2:30 ESPN

North Carolina State
#12 QB Jacoby Brissett (day 2)
#54 OG Joe Thuney (late rd/FA)
#11 CB Juston Burris (late rd/FA)

Mississippi State
#15 QB Dak Prescott (day 2)
#1 WR De'Runnya Wilson (day 2)
#98 DT Chris Jones (day 3)
#23 CB Taveze Calhoun (day 3)

This game features a battle between two of the second tier QBs in this draft, both of whom bring out widely differing opinions of their draft slots.

Unfortunately, my day job will keep me from watching so you guys will have to let me know how it goes in both games.
"Widely differing"--no kidding...
Some don't rank either Prescott or Brissett as draftable.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Becht just said he sees Lynch as a "strong 2nd round. But no way is he a top 5............".
If he comes out....he's top 10. He hasn't looked good today. But he hasn't got a whole lot of help from his receivers either.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Becht just said he sees Lynch as a "strong 2nd round. But no way is he a top 5............".
If he comes out....he's top 10. He hasn't looked good today. But he hasn't got a whole lot of help from his receivers either.

He's been inaccurate though. I don't think it's a coincidence he's struggling when he plays a SEC defense.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
He's been inaccurate though. I don't think it's a coincidence he's struggling when he plays a SEC defense.
yeah, he isn't on by any stretch of the imagination.....but he still goes top 10 if he comes out. No way in hell he makes it past Buffalo if he somehow get outside #10.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What Lynch showed today is he will not be able to start for an NFL team in 2016. Not impressed i would not spend a day 1 pick on him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He played Ole Miss, a better SEC defense, early in the season and ripped them a new a-hole. He's also playing without his head coach, Justin Fuente, who was the offensive play-caller. I didn't get a chance to watch the game. I'll watch it when I have time and see what issues can be pinpointed.

Also have to remember that Derek Carr looked terrible in his final bowl game...didn't stop him from being a quality NFL QB.

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Could just be a bad day. He was pretty good against Ole Miss earlier this year, 39/53 (73.6%), 384 yards, 3 TDs, 1 int in a 38-24 Memphis win. And Ole Miss beat Auburn this year.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Any WR's to be looking out for aside from the kid for Ole Miss?

Disappointing for Lynch -- I was hoping to see greatness. Well despite the fact lynch may well end up going go in the first, his poor performance should be taken with the same amount of weight as Goff's great performs vs. Air Force - and Lynch failed to rise on the big stage

I other words, I think Goff (who seems destined for the 49ers) just solidified what Jrry has been saying about the chances this kid will be a star -- at the same time you'd have to say the Lynch kids performance just raises question marks about what he can do in the big games regardless of whether or not his OC took a powder

Athos

Legend
People on here out waaaaay to much stock in singular games whether good or bad, especially without looking at broader pictures. @jrry32 nailed it with his Hc gone.

And Auburn is a garbage D while Ole Miss a top D.

Bad games happen, even against shit competition. The Rams have more than proven that fact themselves.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Bad games do happen but you sure don't want to see them in a bowl game. Not having the HC/OC is a great point and certainly affects the play calling but has nothing to do with his performance on the field. Definitely a fail and brings legitimate questions.

Prescott is stepping it up in really bad conditions, good size and strength putting the ball on the money quick release, moves good.

I would hate the noners getting Goff but they are in a much better spot to trade from.

Athos

Legend
Prescott is stepping it up in really bad conditions, good size and strength putting the ball on the money quick release, moves good.

:sick: Stay away from Prescott.

As mentioned, Lynch torched Ole Miss. Not worried about a single game. He's not pro-ready like Cook, or could be compete well like Goff, but he's a good prospect.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Anyone know which WR prospects to look for during these bowl games?

Trying to keep my eye on the Wilson kid from Miss St

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

As mentioned, Lynch torched Ole Miss. Not worried about a single game. He's not pro-ready like Cook, or could be compete well like Goff, but he's a good prospect.
Looking forward to see Cook.

But who the heck is scheduling these games????o_O I guess I'll have to DVR and watch later. The wife will love that:puke:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

6'2" 230 Nearly 300 yards and 3 TD in 3 quarters, good awareness, excellent student (Senior Class award). Not a pro style offense. I could see them considering this guy in the 2nd round. I do prefer the guys like Cook who have played in a pro style though.