Zach Wilson, would you?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So the Jets agreed to trade Zach Wilson this offseason. I have no idea what it may take to acquire him.

Let’s assume the Rams are out of position to get a top QB in the draft. Would anyone here think the Rams should kick the tires on Zach Wilson. To play the backup roll and try to groom him into being their future starter, under McVay’s tutelage. He had a decent game against the Texans in week 13.
What level pick would be worth it?

If not the Rams, then who do you think will? My guess is the Seahawks. Pete always thinks he can motivate anybody into being a good player.

IMG_8667.jpeg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont see the Rams paying 5.5 mill for a backup QB

WestCoastRam

Legend
Outside of the anomaly that was this last weeks game, what exactly has anyone seen in him that would make him a viable backup.

"Of the 90 qualified quarterbacks to play in the NFL since 2016, Wilson ranks dead last in EPA/play. The only other quarterbacks remotely close to him are Josh Rosen, P.J. Walker, and Mike Glennon.

Of course, even in Wilson's best (maybe?) season in 2023, he still ranks by far worst in total EPA. His -76 EPA is 20 points more than any other quarterback to play a game this season."

He is, perhaps, the worst starting QB in the history of the NFL. Well, I think JaMarcus was worse.

The above game doesn't erase this. If someone is being generous, I guess they can say that lack of talent hurt him last few years and he's playing in a high school offense (that Rodger's runs to perfection!) this year. I think they're gonna have to cut him, I'd be shocked if someone trades for him but not surprised as it's the NFL.

I'd rather draft Bennet again next year than go with Wilson.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Apropos of whatever but Joe Flacco has come off the trash heap of done QBs and had two nice games and the kid from the Bengals looks like he might be a pretty good backup if not more.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dont see the Rams paying 5.5 mill for a backup QB
I always forget about the money. If he gets released, then the Rams could pick him up cheap.
Outside of the anomaly that was this last weeks game, what exactly has anyone seen in him that would make him a viable backup.

"Of the 90 qualified quarterbacks to play in the NFL since 2016, Wilson ranks dead last in EPA/play. The only other quarterbacks remotely close to him are Josh Rosen, P.J. Walker, and Mike Glennon.

Of course, even in Wilson's best (maybe?) season in 2023, he still ranks by far worst in total EPA. His -76 EPA is 20 points more than any other quarterback to play a game this season."

He is, perhaps, the worst starting QB in the history of the NFL. Well, I think JaMarcus was worse.

The above game doesn't erase this. If someone is being generous, I guess they can say that lack of talent hurt him last few years and he's playing in a high school offense (that Rodger's runs to perfection!) this year. I think they're gonna have to cut him, I'd be shocked if someone trades for him but not surprised as it's the NFL.

I'd rather draft Bennet again next year than go with Wilson.
I guess my theory is, maybe a big part of his problem was maturity, situation and coaching. He has displayed some immaturity, but in a better situation with a better coach, maybe he could be developed…. If released and sign for cheap.

I have not seen him play but there seemed to be a lot going on between Zach and the Jets.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Apropos of whatever but Joe Flacco has come off the trash heap of done QBs and had two nice games and the kid from the Bengals looks like he might be a pretty good backup if not more.
Browning looks like he could start somewhere. He’s been around for 5 years. It’s a wonder nobody thought he could start sooner.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I guess my theory is, maybe a big part of his problem was maturity, situation and coaching. He has displayed some immaturity, but in a better situation with a better coach, maybe he could be developed…. If released and sign for cheap.
Maybe if he comes here and has LaFleur as his OC it'll help

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'd kick the tires. If McVay can't rehab him he's probably not salvageable.

Your fear would be him going to the 9ers and Shanahan turning him round. I think there's still a player in there somewhere.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If McVay wants him, sure. But the Jets would have to eat most of his contract for me to give them a pick. Otherwise, I wait for him to get cut.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always forget about the money. If he gets released, then the Rams could pick him up cheap.
Aaron Rodgers loves him. I cant see them cutting him. There is a player there, the Jets are just so darned dysfunctional.
I didnt watch much of that game, but what I did see looked like they let him throw down field. He's got so much physical ability and despite the media representation, he's by all accounts a good kid and real hard worker

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Hell to fuckin no.

Dude is trash with a trash attitude.

Is this post for real?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wouldn't want his contract and wouldn't want to trade what the Jets will likely want especially if they have to eat some of his salary. If he's cut I'd take him, like a few other young QB's struggling, but I don't think they'll be cut.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The boys in the locker room had tshirts made for the other QB last season.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He played excellent yesterday.

No idea if he can keep growing but there’s a lot of talent there.