Zach Evans…this is your chance!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Would've been a Day 2 pick if he didn't have ball security issues.
I have two concerns with Evans, ball security & pass protection. Evans might be able to break one, but the RB I would sign and bring back is Darrell Henderson as he knows the system and is very good in pass protection.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It may be a Practice Squad addition; and the player may be more of a special teams contributor but I have to believe the Rams will add a third Running Back.

Yesterday, McVay said the following:
“Obviously you saw Zach Evans get the first carries,” Rams head coach Sean McVay said Monday. “We’ve got Royce Freeman on our practice squad, and there’ll be some different things that we’re in the midst of working through right now.”

Pretty-sure that is McVay-Speak for ... 'We will add a Running Back'

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Pretty-sure that is McVay-Speak for ... 'We will add a Running Back'
1697552611688.png

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm guessing Evans will be the RB1 this game. A good opportunity to show he can part of the rotation. In those highlight one thing that stood out was his willingness to initiate contact with tacklers. Not sure if thats a good thing or not. Maybe that is where the fumbles happen more?

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
If Williams is out McVay will be pass heavy. No way he trusts Evans like Williams.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
This concerns me a rookie RB carrying the load I would rather have Freeman be RB1.

This is a critical game we can't have mistakes.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This concerns me a rookie RB carrying the load I would rather have Freeman be RB1.

Oh IDK, if you need 2 yards, Royce Freeman will get you 3 yards, if you need 5 yards, Royce Freeman will get you 3 yards. Good chance to see what the rook has and if he puts the ball on the ground, then you can make the change.

Freeman can be the short yardage back and come in on passing downs, but the Rams still need to run when Freeman is in and pass when Evans is in, to keep the defense honest.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
What about giving Leonard Fournette a shot? 1 year deal? Do 3.5M for rest of season since we about at half way mark? If he wants more give him a bonus so it dont hit cap. Rivers is down for 4 weeks at Min, and K-Wil is out at least 2. He will give us plenty of options. He also can help the Pass blocking as none of our current RBs can atm!

I dont trust Evans ball Security!

Also SF will prob try to go after Leonard as well with CMC down most of the season?

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
What about giving Leonard Fournette a shot? 1 year deal? Do 3.5M for rest of season since we about at half way mark? If he wants more give him a bonus so it dont hit cap. Rivers is down for 4 weeks at Min, and K-Wil is out at least 2. He will give us plenty of options. He also can help the Pass blocking as none of our current RBs can atm!

I dont trust Evans ball Security!

Also SF will prob try to go after Leonard as well with CMC down most of the season?
There was a report yesterday that Fournette was visiting the Bills.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What about giving Leonard Fournette a shot? 1 year deal? Do 3.5M for rest of season since we about at half way mark? If he wants more give him a bonus so it dont hit cap. Rivers is down for 4 weeks at Min, and K-Wil is out at least 2. He will give us plenty of options.
Fournette in Buffalo right now, visiting with the Bills.
Meeting was Cancelled apparently.
That's interesting.
The reason the meeting was cancelled was because the Bills thought they were going to lose RB Ty Johnson off their practice squad, however, no team has made their move for Johnson & with the positive news about Harris, the Bills cancelled.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I also think the Rams will give Henderson another shot at the NFL.
Like most everything about last season , I've forgotten...did we ever get the actual scoop as to why Henderson was released in the first-place?

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler

Yeah, the Steelers are all about creating turnovers. Evans will be hit harder than he has ever experienced. He's gotta hang on to the ball

~ArkyRamsFan~

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't know enough about Freeman to say whether he's any good in that situation.

Who knows.. maybe we see Benny Skow motioned into the backfield on some passing plays.

Tano

Legend
Any practice squad RBs that looked good during the preseason?