LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Dude 14:00 Couldn't Stand the Weather - one if the first bass lines I learned after Pink Floyd's Money and Queen's Dragon Attack

I know this old rancher in Wimberly who is 100% Texas - i mean serious Hill Country dude - and I hang out with the guy and pick his brain about pasture management and marketing longhorns over beers about once a month for 3 years, so one day he says "promise you won't say anything?" And I say yeah what is it? And he goes on to tell me how some 30 years prior he rolled into Austin after some cattle drive all beered up and hears some music coming from a warehouse, so he goes in and starts playing and sees these guys rehearsing and goes inside and jumps on the congas all uninvited, but they just keep jamming with him. Needless to say it was Stevie Ray and his brother Jimmie and goes in to tell me he played with them in a band for 7 years - I saw pics
I was blown away and had no idea
SVR rules

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Dude 14:00 Couldn't Stand the Weather - one if the first bass lines I learned after Pink Floyd's Money and Queen's Dragon Attack

I know this old rancher in Wimberly who is 100% Texas - i mean serious Hill Country dude - and I hang out with the guy and pick his brain about pasture management and marketing longhorns over beers about once a month for 3 years, so one day he says "promise you won't say anything?" And I say yeah what is it? And he goes on to tell me how some 30 years prior he rolled into Austin after some cattle drive all beered up and hears some music coming from a warehouse, so he goes in and starts playing and sees these guys rehearsing and goes inside and jumps on the congas all uninvited, but they just keep jamming with him. Needless to say it was Stevie Ray and his brother Jimmie and goes in to tell me he played with them in a band for 7 years - I saw pics
I was blown away and had no idea
SVR rules
Cool story. The dude does have a lot of soul that's for sure. Glad you liked it. One more for ya, while we're on Tejas, here is a rare Stones tribute to Bob Wills and Texas Swing. Mick dedicates to Waylon in the intro also. Pretty cool.

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

This is sort of a public service announcement to anyone in St. Louis tomorrow night. These guys will be playing at The Old Rock House. Saw them there myself last year and it is a show worth seeing if you can. I love this band. There is at least one good thing that comes from San Francisco. Either way, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

CodeMonkey

Get in here @beej! You will not be chastised for liking Elton John or anybody else in here. Bring us your worst!!!! This is one of my favorite EJ songs. I'm not embarrassed to admit that.

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

Man that song just grabs me by the soul. I've not heard it in so long but have listened to it like 5 (ten?) times now since sharing. I took myself a Blue Canoe....

What a great song!!!!

Last edited:

beej

Rookie
Get in here @beej! You will not be chastised for liking Elton John or anybody else in here. Bring us your worst!!!! This is one of my favorite EJ songs. I'm not embarrassed to admit that.

Listening to Elton John at 1 am on Monday morning? You know the rams actually won, right? :)

CodeMonkey

Listening to Elton John at 1 am on Monday morning? You know the rams actually won, right? :)
Oh I know. Actually it was 2am...3 by the time my head hit pillow. That song stirs something inside. I am feeling a little thick right now. YOU did this!!!!

Last edited:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Man that song just grabs me by the soul. I've not heard it in so long but have listened to it like 5 (ten?) times now since sharing. I took myself a Blue Canoe....

What a great song!!!!
Bernie Taupin deserves his own wing in the HOF