LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
This is the most optimistic song I know. I imagine it's something we all need now & some of Peart's finest lyrics:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Fantastic article. It was Peart's lyrics that drew me to Rush almost 40 years ago. The musicianship & integrity was just gravy. Thanks Bro!
Peart's lyrics are full of wisdom, both Stoic and otherwise. There is no othe band for whom I spend as much time focusing on the lyrics.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Peart's lyrics are full of wisdom, both Stoic and otherwise. There is no othe band for whom I spend as much time focusing on the lyrics.
In the rush movie, I liked hearing Geddy talking about when he and Alex were discussing how it was their idea that he could/should write songs. The two of them were straight edge (no drinking, etc) and he was an even bigger nerd than them. Dude reads all the time stuff like Ayn Rand so they figgured, "hey Neil, we think you could write a song." Obviously the answer is "yes", prolifically.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
In the rush movie, I liked hearing Geddy talking about when he and Alex were discussing how it was their idea that he could/should write songs. The two of them were straight edge (no drinking, etc) and he was an even bigger nerd than them. Dude reads all the time stuff like Ayn Rand so they figgured, "hey Neil, we think you could write a song." Obviously the answer is "yes", prolifically.
That was such an awesome rockumentary.

CodeMonkey

If you've never checked out Geddy's solo album, you should definately do so. Good stuff. Here's the title track

CodeMonkey

That was such an awesome rockumentary.
The thing that I most respect about Rush is that they make the art they want and let the chips fall where they may. Obviously they've fallen ok but at one point they were coming off a couple of crappy selling albums and were told to do something that could be played on the radio by their producers. The release of 2112 was a balsy move. They did not sell out to the man. Respect.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The thing that I most respect about Rush is that they make the art they want and let the chips fall where they may. Obviously they've fallen ok but at one point they were coming off a couple of crappy selling albums and were told to do something that could be played on the radio by their producers. The release of 2112 was a balsy move. They did not sell out to the man. Respect.

I still think they are doing good stuff, and thought Clockwork Angels was amazing, especially considering it came this late in their career.

Yeah, I love the story about 2112 and how they made it in defiance of the record company's wishes and it still took off anyway.

CodeMonkey

I still think they are doing good stuff, and thought Clockwork Angels was amazing, especially considering it came this late in their career.

Yeah, I love the story about 2112 and how they made it in defiance of the record company's wishes and it still took off anyway.
I saw the "Snakes and Arrows" tour a couple years back. Super awesome show. It was four hours / two sets. The first set was primarily the old classics and the second set primarily the new stuff. They've got so much material they could play all night long.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
How it feels to be a Rams fan the last ten years or so.........first up Albert "Iceman" King, then Jimi Hendrix, and finally Cream with Clapton, Bruce, and Baker.

Alan

Legend
I'm going to revisit this thread tonight! (y) :LOL: :ROFLMAO: Great stuff that will be even better tonight. :banana: Of course I'm doing pretty good chair dancing right now. :rockon: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks all!

CodeMonkey

I'm going to revisit this thread tonight! (y) :LOL: :ROFLMAO: Great stuff that will be even better tonight. :banana: Of course I'm doing pretty good chair dancing right now. :rockon: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks all!
Welcome aboard! This thread is awesome as hell! I'm looking forward to your contributions.