LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yep, I've seen that billboard. If I get in trouble, I'll call him, and hopefully you can get me the ROD discount! :LOL:
Dude
Serious!?
He's the lawyer that rocks!!!!!!
I took a picture when his ad on the side of the yellow pages appeared in my mailbox - rad
heh. I've got some good stories of him when we were growing up, but I dunno...
Might ruin his career if I air those.

Rambition

Rookie
Absolutely love Procol Harum and Robin Trower, who was their guitarist when they first recorded this tune.
you may already know of this, but just in case you didn't...robin trower will be at the pageant on october 4th. you have to admire the way this guy keeps on rocking and touring...at nearly 70. i saw him at least 3 times in the 70's and possibly 1980. his bassist was a truly great singer too, who unfortunately died of a brain tumor at age 36.

had 2 guitars in those days, in my teens/early twenties. both were inspired by my guitar heroes...michael schenker, my all-time favorite rock guitarist, inspired me to get a Flying V, and robin trower, my next most favorite, inspired me to get a stratocaster. my band and i played "day of the eagle." not well, mind you, but i like to think we played it with the appropriate amount of spirit, at least.

if you have netflix, or another way to get independent, smaller-budget release movies, you'd likely get a kick out of a film called Roadie, about a guy who gets fired from his job as a roadie for blue oyster cult (another of my all-time favorite bands). here's the IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1450330/

another fave band from those days was thin lizzy. i still listen to those things sometimes, though my hard rock days are pretty far away in the rear view mirror, at this point. will try to post a few things that are more representative of what i like now, and who knows, you may even like them as well.

Rambition

Rookie
Great read,
Thanks I can't get enough of M.S He has been my favorite guitarist for close to 30 years and I have seen him play in several different incarnations of his solo band as well as UFO.
If you get a chance to see him on this tour it is really good he plays MSG UFO and Scorpions stuff.
i'm sure you've seen the youtube vids of ufo playing lights out back then. to me, nobody could touch his combination of melody, phrasing, and speed. i have a framed poster of the guy hanging on my wall about 5 feet away from me.

Rambition

Rookie
I've seen My Life With Thrill Kill Kult 7 times. Everybody you see in the video is in the band. They call the girls part of the band The Bomb Gang Girlz! One time my girlfriend had on the exact same pair of baby blue go-go boots as the blonde bomb gang girl. Funny, the things you remember! Here's a dose of IndustaTechnoJazzLoungeRockaSex music. Fun band! Enjoy!

used to play this in one of the clubs i spun at. also saw them 2 or 3 times. chatted with one of the guys from the band at one of them. pretty nice guy...i think he called himself buck.

Rambition

Rookie
Lord's of Acid oozes sex and ...err acid! Led by Praga Khan ( His dad, Jos Engelen is a world famous physicist, who oversaw the Large Hadron Collider particle accelerator) The apple didn't fall far from the tree of carnal knowledge. Praga Khan accelerated acid, brains and sex down a hole, into an intensely pleasurable sound explosion.

So many great songs to choose from! Today I choose Crablouse. Crablouse begins warm and slow, like the first suggestive glance the blonde at the bar broadcasts towards you, she quickly escalates into beat rhythm heaven, followed by a crab hangover hell chaser.

The lyrics are risqué to say the least. If you wish to read the lyrics I've posted a link below the video.

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/l/lords_of_acid/crablouse.html

got the cd single.

Rambition

Rookie
One for Ramsey...

I'm enjoying this mix of tunes from everyone here that runs the gamut from old pop tunes to electronica, reggae, rap, classic rock, prog rock and everything in between. Keep 'em coming.

used to play this in the clubs...still love it.

Rambition

Rookie
put away the preconceived notion you guys have about Trans Siberian Orchestra and realize they don't just preform Christmas music. One of my favorites by them on the Night Castle album

mark wood is incredible. no one, that i know of, has ever rocked the violin like he does...

just for fun...crazy train...

Rambition

Rookie
Saw Bill Nelson and Be Bop Deluxe open for Boston in 76. An extraordinary guitarist who for some reason ended up switching over to keyboards. If the song bores you go to 1:46 for the solo.

love bill nelson, he's a guitar virtuouso. he never stopped playing it...guess he just added keyboards to his repertoire.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@Rambition - good to see you're here and working your way through this cool thread. Looking forward to all the tunes you will contribute.

Steve Howe and Yes had some serious chops back in the day.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
i'm sure you've seen the youtube vids of ufo playing lights out back then. to me, nobody could touch his combination of melody, phrasing, and speed. i have a framed poster of the guy hanging on my wall about 5 feet away from me.
Yeah I agree he is my favorite rock guitarist It's a subjective subject but for me no one touches him. He is amazing live, I have seen him quite a few times here in L.A. When he comes to town. I go with some of my accomplished guitar playing friends and they are always amazed. Amazing ability to hold notes. Here is a more obscure version of I'm a loser (one of my Fav's) with Mogg playing acoustic and Schenker shredding the electric

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I lo

I love XTC way underrated band. Almost everyone I play them for are surprised they were not more popular.

I didn't care for the early albums but absolutely love Skylarking and Oranges and Lemons.