LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ahh, thank you brother! I are computer illiterate...:(

Welcome to ROD. Got to see Skynyrd do their thing many times before the unfortunate plane crash that killed Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines, and his sister. One memorable show at the Concord Pavillion in Concord, CA had the Outlaws leading off followed by Marshall Tucker and then LS. Lots of booze, smoke, fights, and great music. Those were the days. :rockon:

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Welcome to ROD. Got to see Skynyrd do their thing many times before the unfortunate plane crash that killed Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines, and his sister. One memorable show at the Concord Pavillion in Concord, CA had the Outlaws leading off followed by Marshall Tucker and then LS. Lots of booze, smoke, fights, and great music. Those were the days. :rockon:

Ahh, man that must have been a hell of a concert. Green Grass and High Tides, Can't You See...

BTW, under the comments where I pulled that vid, some guy said "Lynyrd Skynyrd, the 2nd best southern rock band of all time, behind... (wait for it) The Eagles" :unsure:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
although i never cared much for Yes on the whole, i do recall that howe was held in high regard for his guitar work, and i certainly can see why, all these years later.

you're a bit more diverse than i am, but there is still a surprising overlap in some of the things we like, both old and new. pretty cool.

Steve Howe is an incredible guitarist. In the 1970's he had a streak of 5 consecutive years being voted best all-around guitarist in Guitar Player magazine. When you consider who his contemporaries were back then (there were TONS of great guitarists in that era) that is no small feat.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Ahh, man that must have been a hell of a concert. Green Grass and High Tides, Can't You See...

BTW, under the comments where I pulled that vid, some guy said "Lynyrd Skynyrd, the 2nd best southern rock band of all time, behind... (wait for it) The Eagles" :unsure:

That was the summer of 76. I went with my friend Bobby who drove a Peugeot convertible and had a glove compartment stuffed with fine weed. Lot's of concerts and debauchery that year because I got divorced in January and remarried in January of 77. So there was a window of opportunity to scream 'Yee haw" and go for it.:banana:

Btw I totally respect what the Eagles accomplished and like many of their songs but they are pop compared to Skynyrd being rock, imo. Nothing wrong with that, it's just a different vibe.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Dont get me wrong, I love the Eagles, particularly pre Walsh, but was just sayin, they're not southern rock, not at all.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dont get me wrong, I love the Eagles, particularly pre Walsh, but was just sayin, they're not southern rock, not at all.
I've never known how to classify that band.
Some of their stuff is Country (desperado), and some of it is rock (life in the fast lane), and then other stuff is just ... I dunno.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I've never known how to classify that band.
Some of their stuff is Country (desperado), and some of it is rock (life in the fast lane), and then other stuff is just ... I dunno.

That's the beauty of those guys, they were their own genre

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
well, common sense aside, i'm posting this very different music / video for your monday morning enjoyment . o_O

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Old guy here. How do I copy a youtube vid to insert here.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Old guy here. How do I copy a youtube vid to insert here.

Go to YouTube, find the page with the video you are looking for, and copy the link.

Come back over here and at the top of the window where you post, you will see some icons, one of which looks like a couple of little filmstrips. Click on that and it will open up another small window with a space for you to paste the link you previously copied. Paste your link into that space, hit the button that says "embed" and then post your reply, and bingo, you're done!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Go to YouTube, find the page with the video you are looking for, and copy the link.

Come back over here and at the top of the window where you post, you will see some icons, one of which looks like a couple of little filmstrips. Click on that and it will open up another small window with a space for you to paste the link you previously copied. Paste your link into that space, hit the button that says "embed" and then post your reply, and bingo, you're done!
You don't even need to do that. Just paste the link into the message body.