LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Wow nice start!
BTW, Stings hair was reddish-pink for my first Police concert. He was filming "Dune" while on tour.
th

HOUSE OF HARKONNNEN!!!!!!!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Only saw The Dead once, but they played this song and it was my favorite part of the show. Love this song. BTW, Bruce Hornsby sat in on piano that night, making it even more awesome.

PhxRam

Only saw The Dead once, but they played this song and it was my favorite part of the show. Love this song. BTW, Bruce Hornsby sat in on piano that night, making it even more awesome.

I have been to about 60-70 shows starting about 85 until Garcia passed.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I kind of thought something like that might be true given your avatar ;)

My college roommate was a huge Deadhead, probably had similar numbers to you.

SierraRam

Recreational User

I lost count. I don't think I'm in your neighborhood, but between '79 - '91, I saw them plenty around the Bay Area. My older, hippie brother has us both beat...

Man, I miss Jerry

PhxRam

I lost count. I don't think I'm in your neighborhood, but between '79 - '91, I saw them plenty around the Bay Area. My older, hippie brother has us both beat...

Man, I miss Jerry

I was on the other coast.. They would come and do summer and winter tours. Alot of times they would do 3 consecutive nights in the same venue. It adds up quick when you stay for all three.

PhxRam

It is a shame you never got to see Brent Mydland. He added a real soulful touch to the band.

Probably my favorite Brent Song

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It is a shame you never got to see Brent Mydland. He added a real soulful touch to the band.

Probably my favorite Brent Song

Yeah, I believe he had died before I saw them. I actually saw them in March 1995, not too long before Jerry passed away.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I was on the other coast.. They would come and do summer and winter tours. Alot of times they would do 3 consecutive nights in the same venue. It adds up quick when you stay for all three.

Yes sir. I spent a few 3-day smoke fests in SF and Oakland. Good times. How come no post of "Estimated Profit"? There's a good version from the Shoreline Ampitheatre in Mt. View, CA around 88, I think. You'll have to look past Bob's short-shorts. :cry:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I kind of thought something like that might be true given your avatar ;)

My college roommate was a huge Deadhead, probably had similar numbers to you.

is it okay to say back in 88-91, me and my buddies would go to the Dead shows not to see the shows but to hang out in the parking lots searching for 4 wall window panes and silver sunshine.....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
is it okay to say back in 88-91, me and my buddies would go to the Dead shows not to see the shows but to hang out in the parking lots searching for 4 wall window panes and silver sunshine.....

LOL :LOL:

Definitely the place to go if you were looking for such things!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I've always liked this as just another pop song with a great hook but the drums seemed a bit off, like whoever was playing them was either egotistical, stoned, or inept. There are fills in all the wrong places and that type of noisy drumming would fit better with a punk garage band than on a pop tune. Then I read this:

"Writers Gary De Carlo, Dale Frashuer and Paul Leka from Bridgeport, Connecticut got together one afternoon to record a B-side for De Carlo's "better songs." They used part of an old song Frashuer and Leka wrote 8 years previously called "Kiss Him Good-bye," and slapped on a chorus without words, just "Na na" with an occasional "Hey, hey." There was no band, just the three of them with a spliced up drum track." LINK

The drums were spliced together from old drum tracks. It just goes to show that even if a song is poorly produced and recorded, it can still become a hit if it has a great hook.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
That album cover makes me cringe a bit when it comes up on my iPad while I'm listening at work.

So did Nirvana's Nevermind until I found a work safe image substitute....

vana.jpg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
That album cover makes me cringe a bit when it comes up on my iPad while I'm listening at work.

So did Nirvana's Nevermind until I found a work safe image substitute....

vana.jpg

Or this one...

2vknkw5.jpg