LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So you're not a David Bowie, T-Rex, or Mott the Hoople fan? I never got Nirvana and that whole Seattle grunge thing.
Yeah, I'm a big David Bowie fan. There's some music from the 80's that I love. I just never understood what took over that made all the men want to don silk scarves and eye shadow. Bowie is different because he's always had that Ziggy Stardust alter ego. But other bands didn't have to fall in line. Specifically KISS. That was always a hard metal group with spikes and blood and smoking guitars. And then the 80's happened.

kiss_lick_it_up_thumb.jpg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yeah, I'm a big David Bowie fan. There's some music from the 80's that I love. I just never understood what took over that made all the men want to don silk scarves and eye shadow. Bowie is different because he's always had that Ziggy Stardust alter ego. But other bands didn't have to fall in line. Specifically KISS. That was always a hard metal group with spikes and blood and smoking guitars. And then the 80's happened.

kiss_lick_it_up_thumb.jpg

Trends change in the music industry every ten years or so. There was prog-rock, glam, and disco in the 70's which led to a backlash when punk arrived in the 80's, then the hair-metal groups took over which was followed by another backlash from grunge. There were artists like David Bowie, who was a chameleon and changed with the times - 'Let's Dance' is a good example of a style totally different than Ziggy Stardust. And then there are bands like AC/DC and Motorhead that never changed.

Today it's become unpredictable what will happen next because the music industry has been practically destroyed by file sharing and streaming. Artists and bands can no longer make very much money by selling records or CD's, so they have to depend on revenue from live shows and festivals. At least the insipid TV musical talent shows are on their last gasp.

There has always been lots of crappy music interspersed with an occasional wonderful artist, band, album, or song. That hasn't changed and probably never will.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm talking about the whole 'glam' movement that lasted for about 8 years.
It was just weird. Then Nirvana came in and all of the other 'rock' bands felt like girls. :ROFLMAO:
That Seattle grunge movement was a Godsend i remember.

Hello Soundgarden,Pearl Jam,Nirvana,Alice in Chains...

Goodbye and good riddance Axel Rose,Poison, Skid Row, Winger, Cinderella and many others including Bon Jovi.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I apologize if the 80s were just too awesome for you to handle. Best music ever. ;)
Late 70's early 80's pre MTV launch music was incredible IMO. Then pop took over and bled into rock*glam metal) and finally grunge took rock back in the early 90's.

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Yellow Man. Hahahaha He is one of the ugliest humans on the planet. I've seen him live about 5 times I think. Saw him a year or 2 ago at a small local bar in New Smyrna... I'm not really a big fan of his music, but this particular song ain't all bad.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
More DBT. I'm not much of a NASCAR fan, but anyone who is will like the lyrics to this piece.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
First Rush song i learned to play on the drums from start to finish. I was 16 :D
Still maybe my favorite Rush tune for both musical and lyrical reasons.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
First Rush song i learned to play on the drums from start to finish. I was 16 :D
Still maybe my favorite Rush tune for both musical and lyrical reasons.

Man, you bit off quite a challenge for a first Rush song ... good job!