LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I still have this LP on vinyl...Lol.
Andy Newmark on drums here. This guy has recorded with Sly and the Family Stone, Carly Simon, Pink Floyd, Rodger Waters, David Gilmour and John Lennon. Like his smooth style.

Saw Gary Wright during the mid-seventies at a Day on the Green at the Oakland Coliseum. What was unusual was that there were three keyboard players and one drummer on stage. No guitarist or bass player.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

The great thing about music is how it can connect people this REM song was a big connection between my daughter and I and it's really cool IMO how all my kids and I connect over classic rock . I really never had much of that with my parents.
Dad always bought old jalopies to take drive to his farms and always had the radio tuned to "his" music and from that I developed a theory that prompted me to say to him one day " Dad can't we get a newer car that plays new music?" IOW I thought the age of the car determined how old the music it played would be, he laughed and changed the station to show me he didn't need to buy a new car and we did share the radio from then on.

One of the contemporary tunes we DID connect over he liked so much he went out and got sheet music for me to play on my trumpet for him. I got pretty good at playing it but I was no Bert Kaempfert

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That's a great story @Thordaddy

@Ramrasta and I were listening to this song earlier this morning. Reggae is a must when I'm in control of the tunes, but he was the one jamming this one. Taking it back to the 808 !

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
The great thing about music is how it can connect people this REM song was a big connection between my daughter and I and it's really cool IMO how all my kids and I connect over classic rock . I really never had much of that with my parents.
Dad always bought old jalopies to take drive to his farms and always had the radio tuned to "his" music and from that I developed a theory that prompted me to say to him one day " Dad can't we get a newer car that plays new music?" IOW I thought the age of the car determined how old the music it played would be, he laughed and changed the station to show me he didn't need to buy a new car and we did share the radio from then on.

One of the contemporary tunes we DID connect over he liked so much he went out and got sheet music for me to play on my trumpet for him. I got pretty good at playing it but I was no Bert Kaempfert

Nice post.

I guess my love of bluegrass and folk country was from my fathers parents. Grandpa played fiddle and Grandma played piano. Good salt of the earth music. Jimmy Rogers, gospel and counry standards like "chicken in the straw". Side note: This is no shit and I've seen with my own eyes that my grandfather was a "water witch". He was honestly able to Devine water with a forked branch.

Anyway, my dad and I shared Ray Charles, Jim Croce and Austin Texas outlaw country. He was never able to get rock. And we never really did go to much live music together, excepting Merle Haggard at 6 flags and Opry shows.

One thing that I really cherish is that the music my sons and I enjoy is pretty much the same. It's something we share. Though they don't really get the older folk stuff like I do and I'm not so much into some of the rap stuff. Enjoying great rock shows with my boys like Sammy, ZZ, Jeff Beck, and Tom Petty has just been a thrill. Treasure.

My boys and I were here with our sombreros in party position!

View: http://youtu.be/zMnkfMtgRdo

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The great thing about music is how it can connect people

My parents got me into classical and jazz. My first ex-wife got me into Joni Mitchell, Jackson Browne, and the Eagles. My second ex-wife, who was Mexican, got me into Motown. My current wife of almost 30 years got me into nothing because we both have the same tastes in music. My son encouraged me to listen to "newer" music more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha3SSgWK-oE

I guess my love of bluegrass and folk country was from my fathers parents.

I have a friend in California who I've known for 35 years. She used to drag me to bluegrass/fiddle shows . She's in her mid-fifties now and just bought her first mandolin. She's nuts over Emmylou Harris/Gram Parsons and that whole genre. This one's for you Joyce.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzuSeaMy-aU

Every person's tastes usually rub off on us eventually if we hang around with them long enough.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0urDGb2-SU