LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
You guys know I'm a sucker for an old country story telling song. Heard this one on Sunday morning and I've been meaning to post it. From the year I was born.

One of the bands I worked for was a warm up for her ,I ran the lights that night

OOPS brain fart it was Jeanie C. Riley

But hey it got a Babs Eden sighting:whistle:

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Curious if this Steve Hackett fella is a buddy of yours @Prime Time? Good stuff. I had not heard of him before.

Nah, I wish. He was the guitarist in the early Genesis era when Peter Gabriel was their singer. Wolflight is one fine album if you dig prog-rock.

Depending on my mood on a certain day, I'm happy to listen to prog-rock, blues, hard rock, classic rock, jazz, disco, or classical. I'm a confused music fan. :) That's why I'm all over the place with my Song of the Day selections.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
My boys were little when what I call the Golden Age of Disney musicals so here's one song I particularly enjoy

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
@Prime Time

Cool. I was just listening to early Genesis (the firth of fifth album). Yea, my tastes are all over the board too so I enjoy listening to a lot of different things depending on mood. Music history and that of different cultures interests me as well. I really dig some of the old folk standards and early country like Jimmy Rogers. Of course jazz, blues, and all sorts of rock, including prog, are high on my list too. I like cowboy music (willie/waylon) but don't really care much for pop country.

Your story about being forced to play country songs reminded me of the "Bob's Country Bunker" scene in the Blues Brothers movie where they play both kinds: Country and Western. ha. Did these country dives you played at have chicken wire in front of the stage?

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo