Your final record prediction for 2023!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I'll get on the record for 6 wins.

On offense, I think we'll run a lot of 12 personnel to try and establish a running and play-action game.

On defense, I think we'll struggle to stop the run and rush the passer.

I think our average offensive production will be 21 points. And our average points allowed at 28 points.

I think we'll lose time of possession by 20% or more.

I think Stafford will have a good year, but I worry that Kupp's injury will linger.

I don't think we'll draft a QB. From what I've seen of week 1 NCAA there is only one NFL QB (not counting Sanders Jr. out of Colorado?!). We could spend a second on the kid from Washington though, but he has major injury concerns so hopefully not.

Plus I think we'll need to spend our first-round pick on a legitimate cornerstone LT. I see us going skill positions with our second and third (WR and CB, in no particular order).

I see Stafford playing here for 3 more years given that he's healthy and is on a contract that we can't get out of. I don't see us going back to the well of dead cap after this season.

I also think Cam will have a great year. He just looks and sounds poised and has that extra armor, which he's needed.

I think Van will have a good statistical year, but will have a low catch rate. He's the one guy I could see us moving at the trade deadline as I don't see us signing him (at least I hope not given his production to date), and playoff teams could give up a conditional 6th or a 7th for a reliable WR3.

I think Tutu will keep defenses honest and will really help out, although it won't necessarily be reflected on the stat sheet.

I think Avila will be a cornerstone-type player by week 8.

I think it'll take us until week 4 to figure out our starting 5 on the offensive line, because Dotson needs to get caught up and who knows what's going on at center.

I don't think we'll trade AD as we could be competitive next year with player development, a good draft and a FA spending spree on DT, Edge and CB.

I don't think Noteboom becomes a consistent starter, but I do see him coming in as an extra blocker as he has some utility as a heavy TE inline type guy - at least until Hunter Henry is ready to go. (I just looked up Noteboom's contract... my goodness!)

I think Bennie Sko makes a significant contribution as a tone-setter.

I expect a solid (above-average NFL starter) contribution from our MLB, but also think he'll get washed out in the tide of mediocre defensive line play on many run plays.

I'm still excited to see our undersized Edge rookie play, assuming we get into 3rd and long situations on defense.

I have no impression of our rookie Edge Young, although he could flash and turn into something by 2024 and beyond.

Rookie Turner will need at least a year to put on some beef before he can really spell AD in any meaningful way, although I can see him getting 10 snaps a game due to need.

The CB position will be tough to watch, far worse than last year. I will count it as a win if at least one (1) guy emerges as an actual NFL starter, even if it's just a Dime guy.

(This will be fun to visit at the end of the 2023 season...)

#predictions

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I don’t have a crystal ball but what grabs my attention is how so many of these predictions appear to be based on “last year’s NFL teams” performances. Those squads/teams literally do not exist anymore, so don’t be surprised if our 2023 team is a lot better and many of our competitors teams are worse than in 2022. That will make a huge difference in many games

I don’t fear any team in the NFC because we have the best QB period. If we keep him upright he will make us remember why that determines so much

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
ESPN FPI Simulation has the Rams starting 0-4 and finishing up 8-9… If we can win 1 or 2 of the first 4, I think we could be a wildcard team

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I am just sick of hearing the cowboys will win every year. And then they don’t. No offense, bud. It wasn’t meant that way.
Here's the thing: the national media will always talk about the Cowboys because it gets clicks/views. The NFL will ALWAYS give us primetime games because they know a shit-load of people will watch it. I'd say the majority of Cowboys fans don't think we're winning a SB every year, but it's fun for the media to build them up, so they can take them down later.

Tano

Legend
Here's the thing: the national media will always talk about the Cowboys because it gets clicks/views. The NFL will ALWAYS give us primetime games because they know a shit-load of people will watch it. I'd say the majority of Cowboys fans don't think we're winning a SB every year, but it's fun for the media to build them up, so they can take them down later.
I just do not have high confidence in DAK

He is consistently a 1 and done QB in the playoffs

The only decent team that he has beaten in the playoffs was Seattle and that was the 2018 team 5 years ago

TB last year sucked and it would have been an embarrassing loss if you had lost to them

Heck - the Rams should have beaten TB and we sucked last year

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Back in June, there was this thread:

I wonder how many people have changed their mind since then...

I said in that thread that we would be somewhere from 5-12 to 9-8, given our tough schedule and young team. Having seen how terrible our D looks in preseason (yes, I know McVay doesn't take preseason seriously, but still) I am going for the lower end of the range.

5-12 is my final prediction.
I will stick by this. It looks like my Kupp prediction is not happening. Damn.

The Rams start out 1 and 5, but are improving. They put together a string of wins and end up 10 and 7 and make the last playoff spot. They are hot at the end of the season and win a playoff game. The season is a great success because the young guys started to put it together and infused the vets with energy. They gain playoff experience and are in the hunt for the SB in 2024.
McVay gets coach of the year because he held the youngest team in NFL history together when everyone was picking them to win the Caleb sweepstakes. Morris surprises many of us and runs a top 15 D. Mostly because of the big improvement the second half of the season. Rated top 5 in the last 8 games. Which gets him the Head coaching job for the Chargers, who again under performs. This puts Staley in the running to be the Rams DC but McVay picks someone else.
AD has a 20 sack season because Brown eats up blockers and our bevy of young edge rushers combine for 23 sacks. Put that together with the MLBs sacks and other random blitzers and the D racks up around 55 sacks with untold pressures. Of course this creates many turn overs. The rams lead the league in turn over ratio and Defensive scores the last half of the season.
The offense becomes top 5 out of the gate scoring 32 points a game.

Stafford has his best statistical season ever and wins his first of 2 MVP awards. Kupp scores 14 TDs and over 1500 yards and 10 pancakes.
Cam also has his best year rushing for over 1300 yards and 16 TDs.
Of course this great offensive season is due to the revamped Oline. The only injuries suffered were to Allen and Boom.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I will stick by this. It looks like my Kupp prediction is not happening. Damn.

The Rams start out 1 and 5, but are improving. They put together a string of wins and end up 10 and 7 and make the last playoff spot. They are hot at the end of the season and win a playoff game. The season is a great success because the young guys started to put it together and infused the vets with energy. They gain playoff experience and are in the hunt for the SB in 2024.
McVay gets coach of the year because he held the youngest team in NFL history together when everyone was picking them to win the Caleb sweepstakes. Morris surprises many of us and runs a top 15 D. Mostly because of the big improvement the second half of the season. Rated top 5 in the last 8 games. Which gets him the Head coaching job for the Chargers, who again under performs. This puts Staley in the running to be the Rams DC but McVay picks someone else.
AD has a 20 sack season because Brown eats up blockers and our bevy of young edge rushers combine for 23 sacks. Put that together with the MLBs sacks and other random blitzers and the D racks up around 55 sacks with untold pressures. Of course this creates many turn overs. The rams lead the league in turn over ratio and Defensive scores the last half of the season.
The offense becomes top 5 out of the gate scoring 32 points a game.

Stafford has his best statistical season ever and wins his first of 2 MVP awards. Kupp scores 14 TDs and over 1500 yards and 10 pancakes.
Cam also has his best year rushing for over 1300 yards and 16 TDs.
Of course this great offensive season is due to the revamped Oline. The only injuries suffered were to Allen and Boom.
Dayum!! Give me some of what you're having...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would add that in general the bigger the fan base the more retards you're gonna have. And since each of them are loudest on social media...

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Waiting till week 1 to make a prediction. No one and I mean no one knows what this team will look like once it counts. I prefer to talk out my ass after the first game. Go Rams.
when a person talks out their ass, it really doesn't matter when you do it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
8 -9. Even tho I acknowledge that it's not the same rams from a couple years ago I REFUSE to buy in to the narrative they are so bad with this coaching staff and veteran players at the most important positions.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If Kupp plays all 17 regular season games, I see 7 wins. Deduct a win for each game he misses (if any).

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
After much thought here is my record prediction

1. 175 beers
  2. 2,500 curse words
  3. 10,000 strands of hair pulled out
  4. 25 trips to the backyard to yell at the top of my lungs
  5. 10 misc kicked objects

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Can we do this again after game one? from what I have read things look pretty grim. Well from what I read last year at this time things looked like we were headed to another SB and we all know what happened. So I will reserve my win loss list till after game one.