Your Controversial Rams Takes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Sam Bradford could’ve been the greatest QB in our history, were it not for injuries and horrid coaching.

Steven Jackson was our best running back, and should be in the Hall.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Dick Vermeil was arguably one of the worst HC in team history 97-98
Dick Vermeil was arguably the Greatest GM in Team History for the team he built 97-99
Even back then it can take 3 years to build a winner, but I might be a tad biased.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  1. If Chuck Knox had a QB during his tenure in the 70's, he would be known as Chuck Noll.
  2. Dick Vermeil should have never left after the 1999 season, if he stayed Rams would have won a few more Super Bowls.
  3. John Shaw was right 3 times in 30+ years with the Rams, hiring Dick Vermeil, convincing Vermeil to hire Mike Martz over Mike White as OC and convincing Vermeil that the Marshall Faulk trade would be great for the Rams.

Tano

Legend
That scank woman had her "husband" / Ram owner killed in South Beach once she knew he had changed his will making her the person who would inherent the team. He did not drown in the calm ocean on the beach that day. The waves on South Beach are basically nothing. Nobody is surfing on South Beach... much less drowning.
That's not controversial - that's exactly what happened

Turducken

Starter
I still hate Jim Rome for his classless spat with Jim Everett. Whenever I meet a sports fan (Rams or not) and they start repeating his takes, I instantly think less of them.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  1. If Chuck Knox had a QB during his tenure in the 70's, he would be known as Chuck Noll.
  2. Dick Vermeil should have never left after the 1999 season, if he stayed Rams would have won a few more Super Bowls.
  3. John Shaw was right 3 times in 30+ years with the Rams, hiring Dick Vermeil, convincing Vermeil to hire Mike Martz over Mike White as OC and convincing Vermeil that the Marshall Faulk trade would be great for the Rams.

Dickerson deserves all the credit for Faulk wearing Horns. He's the one who convinced that fucking pos to make the deal for Faulk. shaw had already decided against the deal until ED2105 got involved.

The only thing that shaw should be credited with is that he made sure that woman had money for her dinner parties and whoring. The Ram Player paychecks bounced many times during his occupation... but the skank never missed a night out "entertaining".

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kurt Warner had 2 defenses let him down....The Loss to the Cheaters...who had no time outs and the defense let them get out of bounds too many times to conserve clock...and his Cardinal defense that allowed the last second TD against the Steelers...otherwise Kurt would be a 3x Super Bowl Champ.

The Rams have had 3 QB's who were money when it mattered most.

1. Vince Ferragamo
2. Kurt Warner
3. Matthew Stafford

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
That scank woman had her "husband" / Ram owner killed in South Beach once she knew he had changed his will making her the person who would inherent the team. He did not drown in the calm ocean on the beach that day. The waves on South Beach are basically nothing. Nobody is surfing on South Beach... much less drowning.
I will never speak her name. I did like the lady who played her in Major League though.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Sam Bradford could’ve been the greatest QB in our history, were it not for injuries and horrid coaching.

Steven Jackson was our best running back, and should be in the Hall.
I will side with you on Jackson, He was a better version of Henry without blocking. Probably with more heart too.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Nothing drives that point home better than watching the 1978 NFC Championship game against the Cowboys.
Knox wasn't the coach in 1978.

But his Rams were spanked by the Cowboys at home in the 1975 NFC Championship Game.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yes he was - he wasn't the coach in 1979
Some confusion here, Chuck Knox left after 1977 season for the Buffalo Bills. The Rams hired George Allen as his replacement, but fired Allen after just two preseason games because the players were not happy and the team from Carroll Rosenbloom's perspective, did not seem like a good fit with Allen so Rosenbloom hired the only Knox Assistant that was kept by George Allen in Raymondo Giuseppi Giovanni Baptiste Malavasi.

Malavasi was the DC under Knox, however, when Allen came on board he kept Malavasi as Offensive Coordinator, who Pat Haden was a big fan of. The Rams had a good year in 1978 going 12-4, however, the whole reason the Rams hired George Allen was because of his record against the Dallas Cowboys and the 78 team in the NFC Championship led by Pat Haden, who campaigned for Malavasi to get the job lost 28-0 at home against Dallas.

4689d0e9-3ee3-40c4-b438-057adf830456-AP7808050178.jpg

Tano

Legend
Boy am I wrong - I could have sworn Chuck Knox was the head coach in 1978 and Ray Malavasi took the team to the Super Bowl in his first year in 1979

My memory is shot

Tano

Legend
And I think Knox should not have been fired after the mud bowl in 1977.

That game was a disaster.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Boy am I wrong - I could have sworn Chuck Knox was the head coach in 1978 and Ray Malavasi took the team to the Super Bowl in his first year in 1979

My memory is shot
I don't forget Rams' stuff. Never ... Ever ... EVER!!!

Now I do sometimes forget my address and telephone number. But Not the Important Stuff!!!