You know who looked pretty good?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Greg Robinson.

He still doesn't look as mean as I'd like him to be finishing run plays but he looked much improved coming out of his stance in pass protection - and honestly - if he tries to get meaner out there it is just gonna end in flags.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
He did well in his pass pro. Run support could have been a little better IMO. Didn't seem to finish his blocks.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I thought he played well also. Did a good job of keeping his feet under him and moved well in pass pro.
Most of defensive pressure came from the interior.

HellRam

Starter
As someone who has been a critic of Robinson in the past, I'm glad to say he did play well vs the Cowboys. That said it's certain matchup's that worry me for Robinson. For the most part I was expecting a solid performance from Robinson vs the Boys front and he delivered. It'll be slightly tougher against the Chiefs D front next week.

Good too see Greg starting the preseason on the right track. Hopefully it continues and carries into the season.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
It's weird how he can go to Bentleys camp and in a few weeks learn more to improve his game than years from one of the best line coaches in the league.

I've always been ok with the pick but can you imagine k. Mack on this defense? Rams d would be number 1 for sure.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's weird how he can go to Bentleys camp and in a few weeks learn more to improve his game than years from one of the best line coaches in the league.

He can get the individual tutoring that he needs. Hard for Boudreau to spend hours a day on Greg when he has 8-9 other OLs to teach and an opponent to plan for.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
K. Mack gave me haunts of Aaron Curry as Robinson sorta came with the (insert name) offensive tackle.

I dunno, Oak runs a strict 3-4, would be interesting to see him line up in Williams 4-3.

Ogletree,Ogletree!

GRob you got this!

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Doesn't Bently have a bunch of linemen also? Besides, how much time does it take to say and demonstrate what bentley does? Greg's a 2nd overall pick, so you know hes getting more time from coaches than the 2nd string linemen and you'd think the line coaches would put in the time during the off season to go one on one with him.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doesn't Bently have a bunch of linemen also? Besides, how much time does it take to say and demonstrate what bentley does? Greg's a 2nd overall pick, so you know hes getting more time from coaches than the 2nd string linemen and you'd think the line coaches would put in the time during the off season to go one on one with him.

They can't per the CBA

jap

Legend
As someone who has been a critic of Robinson in the past, I'm glad to say he did play well vs the Cowboys. That said it's certain matchup's that worry me for Robinson. For the most part I was expecting a solid performance from Robinson vs the Boys front and he delivered. It'll be slightly tougher against the Chiefs D front next week.

Good too see Greg starting the preseason on the right track. Hopefully it continues and carries into the season.

GRob: "I'm just getting warmed up!!!"

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Even with the limited off season time per cba, they've had more time with Greg than Bentleys camp. I just wonder what the difference is because I don't see it being a time issue.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Even with the limited off season time per cba, they've had more time with Greg than Bentleys camp. I just wonder what the difference is because I don't see it being a time issue.

I think it is a time issue

His experience from a High School O at Auburn didn't prep him well

Entering his 3rd year in Pro style this year

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Kush stood out.
Man! That guy is coming for Barnes' spot!!!!!

I also liked what Folkerts did...after a review, the lines made a few mistakes, but overall they played ok...Kush looked good at C, and at G....

I wonder, was it the weak cowboys D-Line???

Should get a better test vs the Chiefs...Is Poe playing?

I have 0 concerns with G-rob...dudes a worker...dude is humble...and really wants to be great. That's half the battle with all that talent...

fearsomefour

Legend
Man! That guy is coming for Barnes' spot!!!!!

I also liked what Folkerts did...after a review, the lines made a few mistakes, but overall they played ok...Kush looked good at C, and at G....

I wonder, was it the weak cowboys D-Line???

Should get a better test vs the Chiefs...Is Poe playing?

I have 0 concerns with G-rob...dudes a worker...dude is humble...and really wants to be great. That's half the battle with all that talent...
Well, he won't be replacing Barnes this year. Didn't notice him at G so much. But he looked good at C and looked good getting to the second level at C. When the play called for him to shield and redirect he did that, when he needed to engage and be physical he did that.
I know zero about Folkerts.
Was he a unseated FA?
Also, Easely looked good to me at DT. He uses his hands well and can create separation from his blocker. Cam Thomas (I think that's his name, the ex Steeler DT) was not bad. The announced said he was told he is listed at 330 but is about 360-370 now. He could be a keeper jus to have some bulk. He moves pretty well if he is that big.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, he won't be replacing Barnes this year. Didn't notice him at G so much. But he looked good at C and looked good getting to the second level at C. When the play called for him to shield and redirect he did that, when he needed to engage and be physical he did that.
I know zero about Folkerts.
Was he a unseated FA?
Also, Easely looked good to me at DT. He uses his hands well and can create separation from his blocker. Cam Thomas (I think that's his name, the ex Steeler DT) was not bad. The announced said he was told he is listed at 330 but is about 360-370 now. He could be a keeper jus to have some bulk. He moves pretty well if he is that big.

Thomas is so slow. He needs to get back to 330. Easley has good jumps off the line. I would have been happy with Mack also. I thought he was the best player in the draft that year. He would make this Defense uber.

fearsomefour

Legend
Thomas is so slow. He needs to get back to 330. Easley has good jumps off the line. I would have been happy with Mack also. I thought he was the best player in the draft that year. He would make this Defense uber.
Mack is going to be great.
That Raider D could be good this year if the D backfield holds up.
Put some money down on them to win the AFC West this year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He can get the individual tutoring that he needs. Hard for Boudreau to spend hours a day on Greg when he has 8-9 other OLs to teach and an opponent to plan for.
You make it sound like Boudreau went from having a line comprised of cast offs that got replaced by a slew of rookies or something.
Wait a second...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You will hear no sing of praises from me yet on Greg Robinson.......Kush yes excellent outing for this WWC OL'er. Keep an eye on two young DB's Washington & Hill....;)