You know who looked pretty good?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramzee

Rookie
K. Mack gave me haunts of Aaron Curry as Robinson sorta came with the (insert name) offensive tackle.

I dunno, Oak runs a strict 3-4, would be interesting to see him line up in Williams 4-3.

Ogletree,Ogletree!

GRob you got this!
The Rams with some hybrid personnel and mixing in some 3-4 looks from time to time on defense, especially as they adjust, would be awesome!!!

One of the biggest notes I took from the early days of camp is how much they were zone blitzing on D and dropping Aaron Donald into coverage. We're going to see that this year. He looked very athletic doing it. He's still 280+ lbs trying to cover running backs though.

Ramzee

Rookie
aaron-donald-zone-d.jpg

Ramzee

Rookie
The thing about GRob is we all knew he was inexperienced and raw. Auburn did nothing to prepare him for the NFL. We used to give rookies at least 3 years to develop before people started to really see what we had in that guy. With GRob, he started off even more under developed than that.

We also know that he has immense talent. He can play and he can move. I remember back to his rookie season when he had a perfect game against Justin Smith and Aldon Smith. He was beating up J Smith and J Smith is a big, nasty, physical guy. GRob can play. It's just a matter of consistency that is keeping him from elite status.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I would have been happy with Mack also. I thought he was the best player in the draft that year.

Mack is going to be great.
I actually liked Anthony Barr in the draft better. To me, LB's effect the game more than DE's...Hell, I grew up around Ken Norton...he went to my HS....If Ken is reading this, I'd move Mack to MLB....speaking of which, you know who looked good yesterday? Ray Ray Armstrong...LOL

Debacled

Starter
Dude isn't even 24 yet and just now entering his 3rd year in the league from a run run run, then run some more gimmick offense in college and people still wonder why he is taking time to develop. The concept of a guy who isn't ready to dominate in year 1 or 2 seems to be a forgotten thing in todays NFL, which is odd because college players are coming out less and less ready for the NFL game every year.

Remember its only the preseason. Working with Bentley may have helped, but the dude isn't some kind of OL savant that can fix anyone. I need to see full games without the derp mistakes that Robinson is prone to making before buying into what he can do this year. He wasn't guilty of some innocuous mechanical flaw that needed to be fixed. The man played like what he was supposed to do wasn't natural for him (reps and staying on point with his jobs is the key).

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually liked Anthony Barr in the draft better. To me, LB's effect the game more than DE's...Hell, I grew up around Ken Norton...he went to my HS....If Ken is reading this, I'd move Mack to MLB....speaking of which, you know who looked good yesterday? Ray Ray Armstrong...LOL

I'm pretty sure he played mlb in his first season with the Raiders. Norton moved him to de.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
LT Greg Robinson, the former No. 2 overall pick who needs a big third season, jumped out at the Rams' coaching staff during personnel meetings on Sunday. Said Jeff Fisher: "This might have been the best preseason game that Greg has played to date."

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0557023031990426295-4

It wouldn't be raising the bar up much to call this the best pre- season game...I'm glad to hear it, it just doesn't make me thrilled to death yet..

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Happy for GRob that he had a good game. But all that aside taking a project like him that high was very risky and I think taught Snead a lesson on the importance of how soon a guy is ready to play in that 5 year window. Just like with Quick and the 4 year window, where you're basically coaching up a guy to hit FA and play somewhere else if he hangs around for a few years before finally figuring things out.

This is why it was so nice to see their focus on the OL position last year and get guys with loads of snaps and experience. I pray GRob gives us a great season this year and it will help to cover that draft real estate used to take him, but it remains a nice lesson IMO.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
You will hear no sing of praises from me yet on Greg Robinson.......Kush yes excellent outing for this WWC OL'er. Keep an eye on two young DB's Washington & Hill....;)
Really like what I have seen from Hill. Dude seemed to have a nose for where the sticks were on 3rd down and kept the play in front of him. Also looks like he actually wraps up and tackles. Something JJ could never do well....and for anyone about to get their JJ panties in a wad, no I am not comparing the two....yet.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm pretty sure he played mlb in his first season with the Raiders.
Outside...but he seems to rush better with his hands in the dirt..Dude is extremely powerful...and quick....I'd have left him at LB, moved him to middle, so he can effect the game at multiple levels...MLB he can do that...against smart OC's, at DE, he can be schemed out of the game....Much like JJ Watt...Even as a OLB, he'd be much more effective at putting HIS imprint on any game...Not as a DE....

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
A lot of unknown players to us looked good. It certainly looks like we found a way to supplement our draft. Now, if only the WR's would get with the program!