WTF is wrong with the Vikings?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
They're still taking a QB. Idk when. Hell, they could still trade up. They'll go with Cassel until the rook is ready to take the reins.

They just over payed, is all.

3.5 mil is close, IMO.

Heck 2.5 is quite a bit for a back up.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
3.5 mil is close, IMO.

Heck 2.5 is quite a bit for a back up.[/QUOTE]
Still cheaper than Josh Freeman :doh:

fearsomefour

Legend
I can't imagine the Vikings loved Ponder when they took him. Perfect example of taking a guy because you need a QB not because you love the player.
I think about 3 teams are going to make that mistake this year.
$5 M for a back up, yeah too much unless the new coach realizes he is the best QB on the roster.
I think the Vikings draft Barr or if they trade up its for Clowney.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
They stopped worshiping this guy:

2013Thor_Press2_Marvel_130813.jpg

That WOULD BE a mistake

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
A lot of the fans wanted him back, oddly enough.

I think Cassel just gets a one year pay bump to be the place holder QB while whichever rook watches under his tutelage.
Methinks this just cements them to a guy like Mettenberger or Murray. A year to really make sure one or the other heals fully and then they take the spot in '15.

fearsomefour

Legend
A lot of the fans wanted him back, oddly enough.

I think Cassel just gets a one year pay bump to be the place holder QB while whichever rook watches under his tutelage.
Methinks this just cements them to a guy like Mettenberger or Murray. A year to really make sure one or the other heals fully and then they take the spot in '15.
It's not odd at all.
Fans want to win. They saw the Viking make a run into the playoffs playing solid D and riding Peterson.
Cassel is the best QB on their roster. The fans that have seen all games know this. I think he is the starter this year in Minnesota.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Jags have signed Henne.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...reach-two-year-deal-smart-deal-for-both-sides

2014_NFL_Free_Agency_Rumors_Chad_Henne_Jaguars_Two_Year_Deal.jpg

Chad Henne returns to the Jaguars on a two-year deal. (USATSI)

More NFL offseason: Mock Drafts | Prospect Rankings | Pro Days | Top free agents

Many people anticipate the Jaguars drafting a quarterback in the 2014 NFL Draft, possibly with the No. 3 overall pick. That could still happen but they've at least got some flexibility after bringing back Chad Henne on a two-year contract.

Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports first reported the news that Henne's headed back to Duval County before free agency begun.

This is the exact same scenario that CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora predicted in his recent column on the free agency landscape for quarterbacks.

And it's a scenario that makes sense, frankly. Henne knows he has a very good chance to play in Jacksonville; at the very least he's already ahead of Blaine Gabbert on the depth chart. Worst case is he has to beat out a rookie.

He's comfortable in Jacksonville and Jacksonville's comfortable with him. There's a good chance Henne could've earned some coin in free agency with other teams out there needing a quarterback, but bringing him back to the Jags was important from day 1.

Bringing him back to J-Vegas gives the Jags some flexibility in terms of what they do with the draft. They'll almost certainly draft a quarterback (or two!) at some point.

But if someone like Jadeveon Clowney or Sammy Watkins is sitting there at No. 3, Henne gives the Jaguars the option of drafting for value and not drafting for need, assuming they don't like Blake Bortles/Teddy Bridgewater/Johnny Manziel better than those talents.

Worst-case scenario with Henne? They enter 2014 -- a season where they won't be competing for a Super Bowl if we're being honest -- with him under center and keep plodding down the patient path of finding a franchise quarterback.

Henne had 3,241 passing yards last year along with 13 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lol @ this picture. Looks like a Jedi. "This is not the QB you want to sack..."

2014_NFL_Free_Agency_Rumors_Chad_Henne_Jaguars_Two_Year_Deal.jpg

Ram_of_Old

Wouldn't it be a hoot if we got Sammy, Clowney, and Robinson....DOG!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
So what's the deal with you and Loki? You still alive or in the Odinsleep?
I'm fine,Loki...........................he never cleans his room!
But Thor doesn't either so wasupwifdat?