WR camp battles/roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
JackDRams:

You don't have Cooper making it? Interesting. Guess there has to be a shock somewhere for McR to make it. Wouldn't that be crazy? Austin, Thomas, and Reynolds missing so much time, it costs Cooper his job? The situation is ripe for something like this to happen.

Was Thomas so impressive last season that we should all assume he immediately displaces somebody on the roster as soon as he is eligible to return?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Josh Reynolds, correction, 20 yard short shuttle, 4.1. , not what I put in the chart, sorry. Overall, Josh has some sneaky good numbers here. I love the 3 cone number, for example...Cooper Kupp's, wow 6.53!!!! Ridiculous. Reynold's number here is outstanding...6.83, along with very good numbers overall that show that he can be explosive, if healthy.

Kupp's numbers, even though some of them are pedestrian, shows how good, of a smooth, quick athlete that he is. His quickness numbers translate.

I wish I could find more of Ryan's numbers, but what I found are outstanding. Sorry, haters. Nelson Spruce, solid numbers, very solid overall.

K.D. Cannon's numbers show that he is very explosive, very, but he may struggle in some of his routes...3 cone, and 20 yard shuttle show, as his 10, 20, and 40 yard dash, straight line speed, all very good.

Brandon Shippen's numbers show that he could do well in short spaces, as he clocked good in all the change of direction categories.

Love Thomas' numbers overall, love his feet.

Cooper's numbers are average in this group. Thought he would clock quicker.

TA is very good all around, as is Justin Thomas, and Germany. All really good numbers.

Wish I could have found more Ryan numbers, but what I did find are outstanding.

McRobert's numbers are pedestrian, except for vert and broad which show some explosion.

I won't even talk about Spruce...look for yourself, and form your own opinion as far as numbers go.

P.S. OK...the numbers were mostly found on NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM, and I used the best numbers, regardless, whether it was Pro Day, or Combine. I used the best numbers, even if they did both. I used the Rams measurements in height, and weight, except for Germany, where the Rams list him as 5-11, and everything else I found list him as 5-9. You tell me. Everything else was close enough for me, for instance, McRoberts is listed as 6016, and Spruce is 6011 officially. In basic math you always round that 6th up to a tenth, so they are listed as 1 inch apart.

Any questions. fire them?
[GALLERY=media, 234]RamsWR2017 by DR RAM posted Aug 10, 2017 at 6:41 PM[/GALLERY]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
[GALLERY=media, 234]RamsWR2017 by DR RAM posted Aug 10, 2017 at 6:41 PM[/GALLERY]
DR RAM Josh Reynolds, correction, 20 yard short shuttle, 4.1. , not what I put in the chart, sorry. Overall, Josh has some sneaky good numbers here. I love the 3 cone number, for example...Cooper Kupp's, wow 6.53!!!! Ridiculous. Reynold's number here is outstanding...6.83, along with very good numbers overall that show that he can be explosive, if healthy.

Kupp's numbers, even though some of them are pedestrian, shows how good, of a smooth, quick athlete that he is. His quickness numbers translate.

I wish I could find more of Ryan's numbers, but what I found are outstanding. Sorry, haters. Nelson Spruce, solid numbers, very solid overall.

K.D. Cannon's numbers show that he is very explosive, very, but he may struggle in some of his routes...3 cone, and 20 yard shuttle show, as his 10, 20, and 40 yard dash, straight line speed, all very good.

Brandon Shippen's numbers show that he could do well in short spaces, as he clocked good in all the change of direction categories.

Love Thomas' numbers overall, love his feet.

Cooper's numbers are average in this group. Thought he would clock quicker.

TA is very good all around, as is Justin Thomas, and Germany. All really good numbers.

Wish I could have found more Ryan numbers, but what I did find are outstanding.

McRobert's numbers are pedestrian, except for vert and broad which show some explosion.

I won't even talk about Spruce...look for yourself, and form your own opinion as far as numbers go.

P.S. OK...the numbers were mostly found on NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM, and I used the best numbers, regardless, whether it was Pro Day, or Combine. I used the best numbers, even if they did both. I used the Rams measurements in height, and weight, except for Germany, where the Rams list him as 5-11, and everything else I found list him as 5-9. You tell me. Everything else was close enough for me, for instance, McRoberts is listed as 6016, and Spruce is 6011 officially. In basic math you always round that 6th up to a tenth, so they are listed as 1 inch apart.

Any questions. fire them?

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I think guys like Austin, Thomas, and Reynolds offer something that is needed to make this offensive scheme work the way it was in stalled. And there are a lot of preseason games to play yet.... to make a more accurate predictions/guess. ...I have to ask you guys that have been at the last couple of practices or scrimmages... where do they line up Ryan? McRoberts? When they are in?

Go Rams........... ;)

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Is Kupp's broad jump a typo?

upload_2017-8-11_8-1-0.png

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
JackDRams:

You don't have Cooper making it? Interesting. Guess there has to be a shock somewhere for McR to make it. Wouldn't that be crazy? Austin, Thomas, and Reynolds missing so much time, it costs Cooper his job? The situation is ripe for something like this to happen.

Was Thomas so impressive last season that we should all assume he immediately displaces somebody on the roster as soon as he is eligible to return?

I like Cooper. But we can't have too many of the same types of receivers. I think it's Spruce vs Cooper.

In regards to Thomas, I'd say no. He makes it based off of what he has been able to do this training camp. But preseason can change that for sure.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

I'm not sure on the ST question. I don't make it to practice, and ST doesn't get much in the way of coverage.

I kept McRoberts more so because he's an outside receiver. I can't see us rolling with 2 and that's it. Hence McRoberts. I guess we'll see this weekend how McVay uses these guys, and we can adjust any predictions.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can we merge this thread with the other WR thread?? Repeating the same things. Just sayin

FRO

Legend
The WR position is a huge concern for me (as it has been with the Rams for a million years now it seems). I'm pretty much resigned to feeling that Austin is what he is as a receiver. I don't believe it was solely Fisher holding him back, I think it has more to do with Austin's poor route running and size. Woods has proven to be a quality number 3 guy and maybe a quality number 2, but how will he do when he is the secondary's primary focus. Kupp, in my opinion, will emerge as the team's best receiver and I think will be a good player for years to come, but he is still a rookie and rookies take time to develop. Maybe I'm just pessimistic since the Rams always seem to be lacking at the position, but the guys they have do not give me much hope.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The WR position is a huge concern for me (as it has been with the Rams for a million years now it seems). I'm pretty much resigned to feeling that Austin is what he is as a receiver. I don't believe it was solely Fisher holding him back, I think it has more to do with Austin's poor route running and size. Woods has proven to be a quality number 3 guy and maybe a quality number 2, but how will he do when he is the secondary's primary focus. Kupp, in my opinion, will emerge as the team's best receiver and I think will be a good player for years to come, but he is still a rookie and rookies take time to develop. Maybe I'm just pessimistic since the Rams always seem to be lacking at the position, but the guys they have do not give me much hope.

You're suffering from a disease called spagsfishsuckatoffensinitis.

A good dose of mcvay will cure what ails ya.

FRO

Legend
You're suffering from a disease called spagsfishsuckatoffensinitis.

A good dose of mcvay will cure what ails ya.

Hopefully and that's all we have to hang our hat on. But Linehan was supposed to save us from crazy Martz. Spags was supposed to save us from the overmatched Linehan. Fisher was supposed to save us from 4 pillars Spags. Now McVay is supposed to save us from 7-9 Fisher. Team just needs to win so I stop feeling so pessimistic. It's not a fun feeling.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully and that's all we have to hang our hat on. But Linehan was supposed to save us from crazy Martz. Spags was supposed to save us from the overmatched Linehan. Fisher was supposed to save us from 4 pillars Spags. Now McVay is supposed to save us from 7-9 Fisher. Team just needs to win so I stop feeling so pessimistic. It's not a fun feeling.

Yeah.........i got no comeback for that.

But mcvay certainly makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Here's how I see the "Cooper-Spruce" slot comparison. Both have been playing a lot. Cooper is faster, but doesn't get the separation Spruce does. They seem to like Cooper's punt return ability. Spruce seem to have better hands. Tough call for McVay. I like both but they do the same thing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel that for sure, however credit where credit is due, Fisher is leaving the team in much better shape than how Linehan and Spags left it.
Defense will be legit and if McVay and co can put anything resembling a modern day offense on the field, it will be fun.
He sure surrounded himself with solid coaches too, unlike our previous 3 HC

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My apologies, I started this thread before I noticed the other WR thread.
Its cool, it happens. Other thread title isnt so clear. Just thinkin theres some good dialogue in each thread, ifpossible should be in one spot.
Cheers

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Shakeir Ryan. He would have to dazzle on ST/WR in preseason to steal a spot

We need a fast guy to step up. That, I believe in.

From what I've read, KD Cannon getting lots of work with kick off returns and Shakier Ryan ran back a punt for a TD against San Diego in the scrimmage. I wouldnt sleep on Ryan, dude has speed

Shakier Ryan running back kicks and making plays in practice.... if he keeps it up his return skills make him more valuable than McRoberts
Watch out for this guy....bet he returns something...Ryan...

And I liked KD Cannon at Baylor ...looked at some clips...all on, man Baylor made Josh Gordon....I only got off him when I saw he was 5'11....but the guy can play...

Interesting thing happened yesterday...first day of games...some SPARQ guys really popped out....Hollins, Robert Davis...there's another 6'4+ guy with 4.4 speed, can't think of his name...I bet he shines too...It's making me a lil pissed at our scouting dept.

Oh yeah, B.Quick had 3 catches for 20 yards... just sayin

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Why all the hype over thomas? I thought mcroberts should of had some playing time last season , he is a big guy with strong hands at least that's what i seen from hard knocks. Thomas was great on special teams but being suspended should matter and he should not get to keep his spot over guys that have been working.
Austin
Woods
Kupp
Cooper
Spruce
Mcroberts
That's who I think should play as of right now