Would You Rather Have

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fendi Onobun, Mardy Gilyard, Mike Hoomanawanui, Billy Bajema, Danario Alexander, Mark Clayton, Laurent Robinson, Daniel Fells, Brandon Gibson, Danny Amendola, Brandon Lloyd, Lance Kendricks, Austin Pettis, Greg Salas, Mike Sims-Walker, Brit Miller, Stephen Spach, Nick Miller, Steve Smith, Chris Givens, Brian Quick, Matthew Mulligan, Mike McNeil, Cory Harkey, Jared Cook, Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey...

or Calvin Johnson?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Johnson. Not even close.
Me too. Nothing against our new guys, but that list I compiled should really put into perspective how rare a receiver like that is, how utterly sad our receiving corps has been, and how much of an impact a playmaker can have on a passing game. If Danario could stay healthy (or Danny), I don't think we'd have had quite as many losses, and they're not even on the same hemisphere as someone like Calvin. I'd even trade that entire lot for a guy like Julio Jones or A.J. Green.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
It's not like Calvin has taken Detroit to the promised land, so I would take Watkins, Bailey and Austin over the one guy. Calvin has been a beast over his career ... but he didn't beast enough to make up for all the problems. Kinda like if you ask me if I would rather have a Ferrari or a Corvette, an Escalade and a Lexus .... I will get more fun with the three than the one ... .and if some thing happens to one ... I still have options. :bigup:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's not like Calvin has taken Detroit to the promised land, so I would take Watkins, Bailey and Austin over the one guy. Calvin has been a beast over his career ... but he didn't beast enough to make up for all the problems. Kinda like if you ask me if I would rather have a Ferrari or a Corvette, an Escalade and a Lexus .... I will get more fun with the three than the one ... .and if some thing happens to one ... I still have options. :bigup:
Those weren't your choices though.

Those 27 guys, or Calvin Johnson?

It's an easy choice, but also a thinking exercise...

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I still take the 27 then. Although that is impossible, you still have options... and again ... did CJ ever take Detroit to the promise land? Even with having guys around him better than some of the 27 you listed, the answer is NO.

Now ... if your question was something like "would you take Calvin Johnson, Bailey, Austin and Cook over Bailey Austin, Cook and the other 24 ... I would choose the first choice.

Calvin Johnson alone is not the answer to our problems. He has been shown that he can be shut down at times ... heck .. JJ did it his rookie yr.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Those weren't your choices though.

Those 27 guys, or Calvin Johnson?

It's an easy choice, but also a thinking exercise...

So you're basically trying to say the Rams should sign Tebow.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So you're basically trying to say the Rams should sign Tebow.
wyOrQl6.png

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

Just think about all the stud WRs that Belichick has drafted. NOT.

Here are all 12 of the WRs Mr. Bill drafted from his first year in NE, 2000, to now.
Aaron Dobson
Josh Boyce
Jeremy Ebert
Taylor Price
Brandon Taint
Julian Edelman
Matt Slater
Chad Jackson
P.K. Sam
Bethel Johnson
Deion Branch
David Givens

BTW, not one of those guys was a 1st round pick, although 4 of them were 2nd rounders.

He has used a 1st round pick on a RB only once with Maroney in 2006.

He uses all his 1st round picks on defense, and guys who can block on offense, either TEs or OL.

An he is a SB contender every year with that approach.

V3

Hall of Fame
Just think about all the stud WRs that Belichick has drafted. NOT.

Here are all 12 of the WRs Mr. Bill drafted from his first year in NE, 2000, to now.
Aaron Dobson
Josh Boyce
Jeremy Ebert
Taylor Price
Brandon Taint
Julian Edelman
Matt Slater
Chad Jackson
P.K. Sam
Bethel Johnson
Deion Branch
David Givens

BTW, not one of those guys was a 1st round pick, although 4 of them were 2nd rounders.

He has used a 1st round pick on a RB only once with Maroney in 2006.

He uses all his 1st round picks on defense, and guys who can block on offense, either TEs or OL.

An he is a SB contender every year with that approach.

You can get away with mediocre WR's when you have a QB as good as Brady.

V3

Hall of Fame
I still take the 27 then. Although that is impossible, you still have options... and again ... did CJ ever take Detroit to the promise land? Even with having guys around him better than some of the 27 you listed, the answer is NO.

Now ... if your question was something like "would you take Calvin Johnson, Bailey, Austin and Cook over Bailey Austin, Cook and the other 24 ... I would choose the first choice.

Calvin Johnson alone is not the answer to our problems. He has been shown that he can be shut down at times ... heck .. JJ did it his rookie yr.

I'm not sure any WR has ever taken a team to the Super Bowl. Even Rice had Montana. In Johnson's case, I think he makes Stafford look better than he really is. If you gave Bradford JUST CJ, I don't think nearly as many people would be complaining about his numbers. We've had all those other players and Bradford's done very little with them. Not many defensive coordinators have had to game plan around any of those WRs. DC's have to game plan around CJ every game or they're in trouble.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You can get away with mediocre WR's when you have a QB as good as Brady.
And yet, without Gronkowski, some of the stat lines in his wins would get a guy like Bradford raked over the coals.

sw22.png

WbbHZom.png

opvj.png

BjURakk.png

V3

Hall of Fame
And yet, without Gronkowski, some of the stat lines in his wins would get a guy like Bradford raked over the coals.

sw22.png

WbbHZom.png

opvj.png

BjURakk.png

That's because Brady has already proven himself MANY times in the past.

I honestly think he's slowing down a little. Just look at Brady's numbers before Gronk. He didn't have anyone special then with the exception of Moss for a stint.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

sw22.png

WbbHZom.png

opvj.png

BjURakk.png
Mr "Yeah but Guy" says that a future HOF QB can have have bad stat lines whenever he wants after winning multiple SB's.

I'd take Calvin over those scrubs btw. Who has he had on the other side though in his career?
Offenses with only one stud WR don't seem to be able to take over games,but IMO when you have two dominant WR's out there it changes everything. Add to that a stud QB and....