Would you like a Ram getting in twitter fights constantly?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Honestly, if I were a GM or Owner, I'd do what I could to prevent my players from having a social media presence. Period. I think the overwhelming amount of negativity and foot-in-mouth moments FAR outweigh anything good that could ever come from it.

I'm sure there are plenty out there that would be all ass-hurt about that being an abuse of 1st Amendment rights and yada yada, but most companies have similar policies about limiting use of social media. If I were wanting people to take my franchise seriously, and I were paying an individual tens of millions of dollars to represent my product? Seems fair to me.
I'm with ya on that ,but realistically it would come back to bite ya,the world/ league is too full of look at me types and too many of them are worth looking at on the field.
I think a coach can dissuade some of that but in the end you are fighting a lost cause and the bigger the fool the more adamant they will be about doing this stuff,but again I get and agree with your sentiment ,"make an ass of yourself ,but don't bring it upon my brand while you're here" would be how I'd feel.

Ram_of_Old

No, it shows immaturity and indicates each of these guys has a "all about me" attitude. If a Rams did this, he would be on Fisher's "soon to be released" list...I would hope.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I think twitter is one of the dumbest things you can do ,I don't do either that or facebook places like this your name is not associated with your comments,but still you occasionally make a fool of yourself, there it's tied to you forever,that sort of exchange should be private,you don't want to have to stand behind it to the whole world if you are smart.Twitter uses up your 15 minutes of fame and usually not in a positive way.
They both look dumb to me .
Couldn't agree more.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Honestly, if I were a GM or Owner, I'd do what I could to prevent my players from having a social media presence. Period. I think the overwhelming amount of negativity and foot-in-mouth moments FAR outweigh anything good that could ever come from it.

I'm sure there are plenty out there that would be all ass-hurt about that being an abuse of 1st Amendment rights and yada yada, but most companies have similar policies about limiting use of social media. If I were wanting people to take my franchise seriously, and I were paying an individual tens of millions of dollars to represent my product? Seems fair to me.

The majority of athletes use twitter to further connect with the fans, if they are interested. Steven Jackson is a guy that posts motivational quotes + pics and other whatnot.

Plus I think twitter "fights" are so pointless they don't even warrant attention, but they get overblown and made into a huge deal. Now if a guy is threatening to another that's a different story,, but that rarely happens as far as sports goes.