Would We Be Happy?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'd question the commitment to building the team of they pass on oline in the first! Got to overpower the opposition to succeed in this league! 2 in the first 2 rounds is my hope!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I want to see a heavy investment in the OL as well. I could however, be happy with an OG, or 2, in rounds 2 or 3 if we could also land James Hurst, OT UNC, in round 4. I think he may slip here due to a late December injury. Prior to the injury he was touted as a 1st round talent and in the 2013 season opener against South Carolina did a respectable job against Clowney taking him one on one the vast majority of game.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
There is a strong vibe being reported out of STL (J Thomas I believe) that the Rams are not going all-in with Saffold and he's likely gone.

So to answer the question... Even with Saffold, that line lacks durability and raises depth concerns in my book.
Actually ... he said "they won't let him go easily and will push hard to resign him.. " But won't "break the bank" if he is offered "elite" money. That is what I read in his last transcript.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Here is the quote out of his last transcript .... "There's no doubt Saffold is a lynch-pin to the Rams' offensive line and to a large degree their entire offeseason. I'm still not optimistic that he'll be back, but one thing I do want to point out _ and I should have mentioned this earlier _ is the Rams are not going to let him walk out of Rams Park for good without putting up a fight to keep him. He's easily their top priority in terms of re-signing. Now if some team offers him elite guard type of pay, he's gone. If that doesn't happen, the Rams have a chance."

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Here is the quote out of his last transcript .... "There's no doubt Saffold is a lynch-pin to the Rams' offensive line and to a large degree their entire offeseason. I'm still not optimistic that he'll be back, but one thing I do want to point out _ and I should have mentioned this earlier _ is the Rams are not going to let him walk out of Rams Park for good without putting up a fight to keep him. He's easily their top priority in terms of re-signing. Now if some team offers him elite guard type of pay, he's gone. If that doesn't happen, the Rams have a chance."
CGI's statements were in line with earlier Thomas quotes. He might be hearing slightly different things now.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
CGI's statements were in line with earlier Thomas quotes. He might be hearing slightly different things now.
I'm thinking TJ heard a little from RS's agent and a response from somebody in the Rams org. He said he heard whatever it was at the SR.Bowl ... so maybe RS's agent was saying what they plan on getting and the Rams rep. said "not from us" type of thing. I don't think he heard anything "concrete" from either side that early in the off season ... probably just some "posturing" .... ??

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Yes. Earlier quotes were different... I was surprised by the seemingly sudden shift in his opinion the last chat.