Worse case scenario with Amendola

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
There is a lot of buzz with the Whiner idiots I know (tons of them where I live) that they will pursue Amendola this offseason. The Whiners should be looking to add or upgrade their WR position, Amendola (est. $4-$5M a year) should be affordable for them. Would really be a double doozy for the Rams if he goes to the urinal by the sea. The Pats still make the most sense to me. Replacing a Welker kind of guy for about half the price is a win-win for them and Danny. Of course, Brady may insisnt on Welker coming back.
Anywhere but SF.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I can see why the 9ers would have interest but I doubt they could sign him that cheaply.

Some talking heads think theyll target Revus too. I that trade happens it will crush their cap.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Guys, with all these draft picks... I hate to say it... Unless they screw up... the 49ers are going to be a tough team for a while.

I don't see them targeting Amendola though.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I know this the 49ers were impressed with Amendola because he blew past their secondary in the game at Candlestick...I concur w/CGI those 49ers aren't going away, however, the Rams are in their heads a little too.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed, the whiners arent going anywhere soon. The fact that they need to upgrade their WR corp and could weaken a division team they couldnt beat last year is the main reason I think Amendola would be appealing to them. The biggest things that could hamper them going forward is they are young, which means a bunch of their D studs will be up for big raises about the same time....that and if Cap takes a step back.

F. Mulder

Starter
The think the 49ers should (but who knows) focus more on locking up some of their young and talented corp. Even with their space, if they decide to chase 1-2 higher FAs they risk paying the piper down the road with their own. I hope they sign Revis, and any other high priced FA because it likely means that a quality young player will be on the market in a couple of years.

The final thing, not to derail the OP, but even though Seattle and SF look strong in reality and in the future, a Rams team that is in that league looks possible and from there it is anyone's ball game. The Rams basically beat SF twice and Seattle once and lost in a rough stadium late. Imagine what a maturing offense that can score more than 17 points can do. Imagine what a D that has saw the read-option 3 times (and did well with it) can do with some game planning and the right additions.

It will be interesting to see if the Rams draft with a slant on SF and Seattle or just doing their own thing. If they go with a LB who can run before round 4 I'm thinking about them reacting to their own division. FWIW, I've been after a LB who can run for the past 3-4 years.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
fearsomefour said:
Agreed, the whiners arent going anywhere soon. The fact that they need to upgrade their WR corp and could weaken a division team they couldnt beat last year is the main reason I think Amendola would be appealing to them. The biggest things that could hamper them going forward is they are young, which means a bunch of their D studs will be up for big raises about the same time....that and if Cap takes a step back.

Once they trade Alex Smith they are a hit away from 8-8 and Kapernick will get one , it'll happen.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thordaddy said:
fearsomefour said:

Once they trade Alex Smith they are a hit away from 8-8 and Kapernick will get one , it'll happen.

What week do we play them?

:grin:

jap

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
Thordaddy said:
fearsomefour said:

What week do we play them?

:grin:

The same LB who put out Alex (Jo-Lonn Dunbar) will be primed and ready for Colin. :twisted:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
While I would hate to see him go to the golden gate turds the worst thing would be the Rams using most of the cap room on him and he gets hurt in a freak accident again and misses most of the season.

So much is made of the 40'ers having 15 draft picks. What they going to do with them? The're not all going to make that team. The better picks can't get put on the PS because they will just get signed off of it.
Most of the help they need is on D,and they do need help at WR but they can draft a half dozen WR's at low cost and sort it out in training camp. I just don't see a fit for DA there.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You may very well be right. They may even trade up to get a guy (Austin?). I dont think Amendola will command all that much money because of his injury history. Guys usually dont get paid on potential in the NFL in FA, much more common for a team to overpay for an older player. Do I think Amendola could be a 1,100 yard 10 TD guy? Yep. But until he does it it is all just talk.