With a win Sunday???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Crazy as it might sound but with a win Sunday, I believe the Rams will only be a 1/2 game out of a wildcard spot. The way I see it, a 5-6-1 record will trail the 6-6 Vikings (losing to GB), Bucs (losing to Denver), Seahawks (losing to Chicago) and Dallas (beating the Eagles) by only a 1/2 game and will play all of them but the Cowboys. The Cowboys will lose at least one more game to either the Saints, Bengals, Redskins, or Steelers down the stretch. The Redskins 5-6 will lose another game down the stretch (Giants, Cowboys, Ravens, Browns).

The Rams win out, they make the playoffs without a doubt. And 8-7-1 just might get them there as well. Am I guilty of HOMER-THINK?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We'll have to get just about all the wins for playoffs but it's fun to think out loud!!!! :ww:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Ramhusker said:
Crazy as it might sound but with a win Sunday, I believe the Rams will only be a 1/2 game out of a wildcard spot. The way I see it, a 5-6-1 record will trail the 6-6 Vikings (losing to GB), Bucs (losing to Denver), Seahawks (losing to Chicago) and Dallas (beating the Eagles) by only a 1/2 game and will play all of them but the Cowboys. The Cowboys will lose at least one more game to either the Saints, Bengals, Redskins, or Steelers down the stretch. The Redskins 5-6 will lose another game down the stretch (Giants, Cowboys, Ravens, Browns).

The Rams win out, they make the playoffs without a doubt. And 8-7-1 just might get them there as well. Am I guilty of HOMER-THINK?
YES, and I LOVE it!!!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Not eliminated, and it's possible to make it if we play strong. I'm really hoping that the final game comes down to a win and you're in, so Bradford and Jackson can get some revenge. I would not want to be in Jackson's way if he had 1 game standing between him and the postseason, especially after 2010. Some sweet sweet revenge. Even if the Rams lose on Sunday they could still make it in (but would need to win out)

Nothing is impossible though, I thought the Kings didn't have much of a chance at the playoffs as the season wound down, but they made it. Slayed their demons from 2010 (sound familiar?) and went on a roll. Now we need the Rams to do the same.

paceram

Pro Bowler
IF the Rams beat the 49's tomorrow can you imagine the momentum and confidence the Rams will have going into the last four games of the season? It would certainly make the rest of the Rams season/schedule very, very interesting (and, exciting!)!

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Ramhusker said:

I'm with ya all the way, Husker.
And I don't want to hear all the realists spouting their BS. Any given Sunday, and all that.
You're only guilty of being a Rams Fan and that makes you my brother.

GO RAMS!!!!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Ramhusker said:

I like your thinking, and I'm with ya. That's why I hope that game against Seattle is a win and you're in game for the RAMS. I will be there! Positive Thinking!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, hell yeah!!! So, with a win Sunday against the Bills............ :ww:

And everybody else cooperated today too except for the Seahawks. And hopefully, the Giants will take care of the Redskins tomorrow night. It would also be fun see the Eagles upset the Cowboys tonight.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Its always fun to see the cowboys lose. But not as fun as a Rams win.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
As much as I'd love to see the Rams make the playoffs, I'll pretty happy with just seeing them get 8 wins. 8 wins for this team is also enough to be above .500. That would be awesome.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sum1BTRthnU said:
As much as I'd love to see the Rams make the playoffs, I'll pretty happy with just seeing them get 8 wins. 8 wins for this team is also enough to be above .500. That would be awesome.
The playoffs are a way outside chance. I'd be happy if they just beat the ever loving shit out of the shefawks at their house.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
X said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:
The playoffs are a way outside chance. I'd be happy if they just beat the ever loving shit out of the shefawks at their house.

That will be a tough game. I'm looking forward to it.

One thing is for sure...the NFL power has shifted to the NFC...and the NFC West is shaping up to be a very tough division. I like it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm still ALL IN!!!!

Just win and see what happens! :wewt:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
rickrawk said:
Ramhusker said:

I'm with ya all the way, Husker.
And I don't want to hear all the realists spouting their BS. Any given Sunday, and all that.
You're only guilty of being a Rams Fan and that makes you my brother.

GO RAMS!!!!

This^^^

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Another game, another win. So now, let's beat the Vikings! And root for the Bills to upset the Seahawks, the Browns to upset the Redskins, and the Cowboys to go down to the Steelers. That's all we need. It's not too much to ask football gods!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I just want us to win our remaining games - a successful postseason is for next year i think.

We need to finish strong, and we need to remind Russell Wilson that he's a rookie and show him real pressure to end the year.

To make a horrible reality check though - we should have beaten the Lions in week 1, the Dolphins in week 6 and the Jets at home in Week 11 we could be 9-3-1 by now...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
shaunpinney said:
I just want us to win our remaining games - a successful postseason is for next year i think.

We need to finish strong, and we need to remind Russell Wilson that he's a rookie and show him real pressure to end the year.

To make a horrible reality check though - we should have beaten the Lions in week 1, the Dolphins in week 6 and the Jets at home in Week 11 we could be 9-3-1 by now...
Yeah, I replay those same games in my head all the time. The "what if" scenarios can be maddening sometimes.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
X said:
Yeah, I replay those same games in my head all the time. The "what if" scenarios can be maddening sometimes.

It would be interesting to see what would have happened to our season had we won that first 'on the road' game at Detroit... The only way I can deal with it is "Lessons learnt, bring on next season..."