With a win Sunday???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
shaunpinney said:
X said:
Yeah, I replay those same games in my head all the time. The "what if" scenarios can be maddening sometimes.

It would be interesting to see what would have happened to our season had we won that first 'on the road' game at Detroit... The only way I can deal with it is "Lessons learnt, bring on next season..."
I often wonder what it would be like if Jackson didn't get hurt after the TD in the first game LAST year. That was too freaking easy, and he probably could have had over 200 yards that game. Like I said ... maddening.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
shaunpinney said:
I just want us to win our remaining games - a successful postseason is for next year i think.

We need to finish strong, and we need to remind Russell Wilson that he's a rookie and show him real pressure to end the year.

To make a horrible reality check though - we should have beaten the Lions in week 1, the Dolphins in week 6 and the Jets at home in Week 11 we could be 9-3-1 by now...

Bad to think about because it will drive you crazy but you are right. We definitely should of won against the Lions and Dolphins and really against the 49ers instead of a tie. The Jets? No, laid a colossal turd there. Even so, this team could be 9-4, leading the division. On the flip side though, Akers could of made his kick in OT and Pettis could of not made a spectacular catch on 4th down during the winning drive against the Bills. Then, we're back to 7-6. I guess we are what we are?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ramhusker said:
shaunpinney said:
I just want us to win our remaining games - a successful postseason is for next year i think.

We need to finish strong, and we need to remind Russell Wilson that he's a rookie and show him real pressure to end the year.

To make a horrible reality check though - we should have beaten the Lions in week 1, the Dolphins in week 6 and the Jets at home in Week 11 we could be 9-3-1 by now...

Bad to think about because it will drive you crazy but you are right. We definitely should of won against the Lions and Dolphins and really against the 49ers instead of a tie. The Jets? No, laid a colossal turd there. Even so, this team could be 9-4, leading the division. On the flip side though, Akers could of made his kick in OT and Pettis could of not made a spectacular catch on 4th down during the winning drive against the Bills. Then, we're back to 7-6. I guess we are what we are?

I feel the same.

The Lions and Dolphins we missed an opportunity. Painful.

The Jets we laid an egg. Not acceptable, bad miss, but Schott got played by his former coach and it was never close.

The 49ers tie may go down as our playoff buster. That penalty (WR lined up off the line) was an absolute fail. A single play that took a win from our record. This was about as painful as it gets.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
CGI_Ram said:
Ramhusker said:
shaunpinney said:

I feel the same.

The Jets we laid an egg. Not acceptable, bad miss, but Schott got played by his former coach and it was never close.

The 49ers tie may go down as our playoff buster. That penalty (WR lined up off the line) was an absolute fail. A single play that took a win from our record. This was about as painful as it gets.
Let me just orient you to REAL pain.... Rams are on the Vikes 1yrd line in Minnesota during the NFC Championship, and the Refs call holding or illegal procedure (I forget which) on Tom Mack (I think). Anyway, we get backed-up, and ultimately have to kick a FG from their 1yd-line, which is blocked and run back for a Vikes TD. Now that, my friend, was pain, especially given we lost another SB-opportunity that we should have won.

By the way, I hate the Vikes almost as much as I hate the Cowgirls, so lets stuff their ass this wkend.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
interference said:
CGI_Ram said:
Ramhusker said:
shaunpinney said:

I feel the same.

Let me just orient you to REAL pain.... Rams are on the Vikes 1yrd line in Minnesota during the NFC Championship, and the Refs call holding or illegal procedure (I forget which) on Tom Mack (I think). Anyway, we get backed-up, and ultimately have to kick a FG from their 1yd-line, which is blocked and run back for a Vikes TD. Now that, my friend, was pain, especially given we lost another SB-opportunity that we should have won.

By the way, I hate the Vikes almost as much as I hate the Cowgirls, so lets stuff their ass this wkend.

:shock:

Okay, fair enough!

I guess I should have adjusted my time scale! :bg:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
interference said:
CGI_Ram said:
Ramhusker said:
shaunpinney said:

I feel the same.

I was thinking of the teams I really hate in the NFL and the Cowboys and Vikings make the list along with the 49ers, Seahawks, and Patriots. Of course, most of these feelings of disdain are because of past bouts with our RAMS!

In order of hate,

Cowboys (It's a lifetime hate)
49ers
Seahawks (passed the Vikings in the past decade and may pass the 49ers in years to come)
Vikings
Patriots (maybe when the last players and coaches retire that were in on that SB theft, they could fall off this list)

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Ramhusker said:
In order of hate,

Cowboys (It's a lifetime hate)
49ers
Seahawks (passed the Vikings in the past decade and may pass the 49ers in years to come)
Vikings
Patriots (maybe when the last players and coaches retire that were in on that SB theft, they could fall off this list)
Yeah, that's a pretty good list. 1 and 2 are pretty much interchangeable, and the Seahags as well as the Patriots are the newest comers to this list, while Girls, Hags & Vikes are all old-time hate.

What's interesting is that the Aints have dropped off the list, as they were a huge rivalry when both teams were in the NFC west, prior to the most recent conference re-org. The Aints have probably been replaced by the Hags.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
interference said:

Just sick wasn't it? And people wonder why I can't stand the Vikes to this day. Don't get me started on Francis T.

I wiil have to say that the gold and navy balloons hanging high in my trees for months after the last SB made me sick to come home each and every day. THAT was some pretty real pain.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamFan503 said:
interference said:

Just sick wasn't it? And people wonder why I can't stand the Vikes to this day. Don't get me started on Francis T.

I wiil have to say that the gold and navy balloons hanging high in my trees for months after the last SB made me sick to come home each and every day. THAT was some pretty real pain.
Let's not forget that Mack still doesn't know what he did to draw that penalty. As much a phantom penalty as the "roughing the passer" on Quinn.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
RamFan503 said:
interference said:

And Gene Washington, Carl Eller, Alan Page, Chuck Foreman, damn, I hated that team! Oh yeah, and Bud Grant!