Wired: Rams CB Janoris Jenkins Wears A Helmet Cam

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

stlramscar

UDFA
I beg to differ. Corner is almost universally not a physical position at all and Jenkins is far more physical than most I've seen who play that position. He's not physical compared to a safety but he's a cornerback. I've watched Jenkins play multiple times and he's at his best when jamming and physical at the line.

The play where Golden Taint beat him was anything but being made to look like a fool. It happened directly in front of me. Jenkins had perfect coverage and was set for the interception but mistimed his jump. That was a lack of physical awareness of his position on the field in relation to the incoming football, not being schooled.

Tom

Corner universally isn't a physical position?really? Tell that to Richard Sherman,Patrick Peterson and Darell Reves,3 CB that will slap the hell out of you.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Williams will make his mark on Jenkins to be sure! I think he'll be good again this year with the coaching change the Rams made!:)

RustyRay

Rookie
Jackrabbit needs to continue studying his craft. Hope he's getting a chip on his shoulder and wants to start being mentioned with the top corners in the game. He moves too damn well to get beat so often, I don't care who the DC is...There is one play I'll always remember from last year, the play where Golden Taint came back and snatched the ball at the high point, like he was the DB...Gotta be more aggressive with the ball in the air Jackrabbit. Man, guys from Florida talk country......

The bomb to Taint in St Louis was a blown coverage by the Safety and the play Jenkins made in almost breaking it up was a great play after the awareness to see the broken coverage and great make up speed and hustle just to come close to saving the Rams.

He gets blamed to much for a play that wasnt his fault.

stlramscar

UDFA
The bomb to Taint in St Louis was a blown coverage by the Safety and the play Jenkins made in almost breaking it up was a great play after the awareness to see the broken coverage and great make up speed and hustle just to come close to saving the Rams.

He got beat on the same play TWICE are you forgetting the one in Seattle as well?
Fool me once fine ,fool me twice? Something must not be clicking upstairs.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

I'm confused, a man/opponent, that JJ was right by, comes back, and literally jumps over JJ and you say/claim that it wasn't his man? And granted this is one instance...I wont go to the Carolina game with Smith, or the Atlanta game with Julio...Hell, didn't he stick Blackmon too?
for the record. I'm not blaming anyone, football is a team sport, but he must hold himself accountable, and try to improve his individual play for this team to contend....

RustyRay

Rookie
I'm confused, a man/opponent, that JJ was right by, comes back, and literally jumps over JJ and you say/claim that it wasn't his man? And granted this is one instance...I wont go to the Carolina game with Smith, or the Atlanta game with Julio...Hell, didn't he stick Blackmon too?
for the record. I'm not blaming anyone, football is a team sport, but he must hold himself accountable, and try to improve his individual play for this team to contend....

I am certain of the one in the game against the Seahawks in St Louis that I mentioned. The rest I cant comment on...other then to say CB's get beat, even the good ones..add to that the fact that all of those WRs are very good players. I dont think Jenkins played well last year...but he was better then he gets credit for. He had tight coverage plenty of times and used his hands to much when it wasn't needed drawing flags. If he can clean that up and not stare into the backfield which is his biggest issue he can realize the physical talent he has.

I will find the article or at least the comments from Coach Fisher on the play.

stlramscar

UDFA
Their forgetting both games against SF as well,when Anquan Boldin treated him like a red-headed step child and just had his way with him,or the Chicago game were Brandon Marshall had his way with him as well. But to the JJ fan club it was always somebody else's fault for HIS bad play.

RustyRay

Rookie
Their forgetting both games against SF as well,when Anquan Boldin treated him like a red-headed step child and just had his way with him,or the Chicago game were Brandon Marshall had his way with him as well. But to the JJ fan club it was always somebody else's fault for HIS bad play.

So let me get this straight, because I brought up an actual fact about one play, I am in the Jenkins fan club and blame everybody else for his poor play?

TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher, 10-29-13

(On if there was anything CB Janoris Jenkins could have done differently on Seahawks WR Golden Taint’s 80-yard touchdown reception)
“No. It was really...‘Jenks’ (Jenkins) actually was in really good position considering the coverage. We had some confusion and we were checked in and out of coverages and ‘Jenks’ actually was just sinking. He was in underneath coverage, but he still was in position nonetheless. He sorted things out and was in position to make the play, just got his legs tangled.

Patrick Peterson gave up the same # of TD's last year as Jenkins did 7...And I am in no way comparing Jenkins to Peterson. I would take PP all day over just about any other CB out there...Just showing that good CB's can and do get beat.

First Niner game last year it was mostly Finnegan Boldin abused to the tone of 9 - 98 the second game was 5-90-1.

Brandon Marshall no doubt abused the Rams.

stlramscar

UDFA
No doubt that every corner gets beat from time to time,but he was our so called top corner last year and only had 1 pick the entire season. He has the athleticism no doubt,but he needs to work on the fundamentals of his craft,and stop all the stupid gambling and trash talk,especially when your not making plays you just come off as annoying.

I remember listening to post game show on 101 after the game in Seattle,and I remember D'marco Farr said he had talked to one of the Seahawks players and he said he thought the rams would be very good soon,but they had a loud mouth player that just wouldn't shut his mouth and he wasn't doing anything. Nobody had to tell me I knew exactly who he was talking about.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Jackrabbit needs to continue studying his craft. Hope he's getting a chip on his shoulder and wants to start being mentioned with the top corners in the game. He moves too damn well to get beat so often, I don't care who the DC is...There is one play I'll always remember from last year, the play where Golden Taint came back and snatched the ball at the high point, like he was the DB...Gotta be more aggressive with the ball in the air Jackrabbit. Man, guys from Florida talk country......
I still think hes a stud. Walton probably fucked with his head, you heard what Finnegan said about Walton, clueless. Jenkins is like the Tavon of the defense. so quick that if hes aggressive he can undercut so fast for those pick 6s he had as a rookie.

tomlib

Sword and Sorcery with a Libertarian Edge
Name
Tom
Corner universally isn't a physical position?really? Tell that to Richard Sherman,Patrick Peterson and Darell Reves,3 CB that will slap the hell out of you.

I said cornerback is almost universally not a physical position. It is a cover position and I stand by that. I've seen Sherman play twice a year for a while now and he's a great cover guy but he's no more physical than Jenkins. Peterson maybe a bit although in general cornerbacks are not eager to dive into running plays and tackle low. It's the nature of the position. I would say it's the least physical position on the field except wide receiver.

Jenkins is more physical than most cornerbacks I've seen over the years. He's not afraid to stick his head in and make a tackle. I stand by that as well. If you are saying Jenkins will not stick his head and in and hit somebody then you haven't been watching.

It's clear you don't like the guy, that's fine. He had an excellent rookie season and then a sophomore slump under Walton who appears to have been in over his head. We'll see how he does this year.

Tom

stlramscar

UDFA
Those pick 6's he had as a rookie........were against bad QB's IJS lets keep a little perspective here.

stlramscar

UDFA
I just think he's waaaaay over hyped(within st.louis that is) for a player that had 1 freaking pick last year,and I refuse to blame all his bad play on the coach cause that's just not true,coaches can't go out and play for you,so to blame Walton for EVERYTHING is straight BS. And I can give a flying flip what he did TWO years ago as a rookie give me a break. And btw Trumaine Johnson didn't seem to have the same terrible play that JJ had in the SAME system.

Now JJ comes out and has a monster season under Gregg Williams I will be the first person to admit I was wrong and will gladly eat some crow,cause that means the rams are kicking ass and taking names,but I won't hold my breath.