Will These Guys Make the Practice Squad?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I see our WRs shaking out like Tavon, Britt, Quick, Cooper, Thomas, Marquez with Williams and Spruce making the Practice Squad

Is everyone forgetting about Duke Williams massive character issues and abysmal combine performance. Thats what other teams know about him. Absolutely no one wanted him he had to try out with us even to get a UDFA contract. At this point I don't see him beating out Quick or Mike Thomas, so I think he will safely make it to the practice squad

I also don't see Spruce beating making it because Marquez is a better special teamer and Cooper has more upside as a WR. I also think he could make it to our PS squad because it seems like he likes playing close to home and I don't think he is a top 6 WR on any NFL team right now.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
At this point
I think 5 spots are locked up
Austin
Britt
Quick
Cooper
Thomas
So what TE do you think, Higbee puishes out? Justice Cunningham?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good info flv. Thanks for that. I made the assumption that it was based on a certain number of games on the roster during the previous season. Apparently .... not the case. Good to know.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
So, making the assumption that Higbee and Cooper make it, the real question is which of the other for make the 53, and will either of the other two squeak through to the practice squad ...

I'll play.

I say Thomas and Spruce make it, with Marquez getting picked up on the wire, and Duke and North both slipping through to the practice squad.
Not sure if Duke would slip to the PS. He's the dark horse in the group. You'd have to try though if he's on the bubble. Besides, LA just needs dudes named Pharoh and Duke on the Rams.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Is everyone forgetting about Duke Williams massive character issues and abysmal combine performance.
Of course not....his combine performance, plus the way he looked "puffy" had many believing he was terribly out of shape. Fisher has been quoted as saying he's lost significant amounts of weight since OTA's. Which is probably why he's performing better. I bet he's still aways from getting into Duke of 2014 shape...Or as good of shape as a Kenny Britt. Imagine a motivated Duke, getting in Britt type condition?

At this point
I think 5 spots are locked up
Austin
Britt
Quick
Cooper
Thomas
somewhere in me...I think that Fish could keep these 5 only...and let the rest battle for PS space.

hey lockdown, never noticed you're listed as this:
lockdnram21, post: 771327, member::eek: 666
scared me:shocked:

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
All the drafted rooks but Hemmingway probably make the team. I may be wrong about this but IMO B. Marquez is not on the BUBBLE. He makes the team if healthy. The one incumbent from last year who may be on the bubble is Quick but he still probably has the inside track unless he is completely outplayed by one of the UDFA rooks. I think Spruce and Williams are long shots but of the UDFAs in camp, one of those two probably have the best chance of unseating Quick. If not, both have a good chance to make the PS.

At TE, Hemingway is probably too raw so he is a strong PS candidate or an outright cut. IMO Cunningham is the TE on the bubble but with strong special teams play he would most likely Win the 4th TE Spot if they keep 4 this year.

With 4 preseason games to play a lot can change.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This is a terrific thread, huh?

Here's my thinking based upon camp reports I've seen and a process of elimination.

We will keep 6 WR's. No more and no less.

First, the "locks"...

Britt
Austin

Semi locks

Cooper
Thomas

That leaves only 2 slots. And there have been very flattering camp report comments consistently on Quick, Williams, Spruce, and Marquez, in particular.

So what will the coaches do? They're gonna keep testing these kids through the preseason, of course.

But I will say this. Quick and Williams each have histories that need to be overcome. IOW, ties go to the rookies. If I'm right, then both Quick and Williams have to have significantly better remaining camps than Spruce and Marquez if they want to stick.

Still 4 weeks to sort this out. No worries.