Will These Guys Make the Practice Squad?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know for sure if any of these will make the final 53, but would assume that Pharoh Cooper and Tyler Higbee will...I am dead bang sure that Tavon Austin, Kenny Britt, and with the way Brian Quick practices, they will be locks to make the squad. So if we keep 6 WR's, we will expose some of these guys to other teams, before making the Practice Squad. I have heard good things about all of them, and I assume that talent evaluators from other teams are watching players like these on all 32 teams.. Which will be ignored, and could make the Practice Squad?
WR's
Pharoh Cooper
Bradley Marquez
Nelson Spruce
Duke Williams
Mike Thomas

TE
Tyler Higbee

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, making the assumption that Higbee and Cooper make it, the real question is which of the other for make the 53, and will either of the other two squeak through to the practice squad ...

I'll play.

I say Thomas and Spruce make it, with Marquez getting picked up on the wire, and Duke and North both slipping through to the practice squad.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, making the assumption that Higbee and Cooper make it, the real question is which of the other for make the 53, and will either of the other two squeak through to the practice squad ...

I'll play.

I say Thomas and Spruce make it, with Marquez getting picked up on the wire, and Duke and North both slipping through to the practice squad.
I like Spruce and Thomas more than Marquez at this point. If Duke learned to catch everything, he would be a force in the NFL, but like Fish says, he drops 1 of every 4 balls thrown his way......I really think our new guys will make an impact this year, especially Higbee, Thomas, and Cooper

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't include him, because it's been pretty silent in camp reports as to how well he's doing in camp. I figured he would make the Practice Squad, if the Rams wanted him there...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've mentioned it before but Marquez is not eligible for the practice squad. He was active all 16 games last year. If you're active for 6 games you can't be put on the PS. As for the list the only ones I think have a chance to make it and not be claimed off waivers are Spruce and Williams. No way the others make it through waivers. Plus anybody on the PS can be claimed by a team if they go to their active 53 man.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've mentioned it before but Marquez is not eligible for the practice squad. He was active all 16 games last year. If you're active for 6 games you can't be put on the PS. As for the list the only ones I think have a chance to make it and not be claimed off waivers are Spruce and Williams. No way the others make it through waivers. Plus anybody on the PS can be claimed by a team if they go to their active 53 man.
Wasn't sure about Marquez and the Practice Squad, so thanks.

As for claiming off the Practice Squad, teams would have to admit their drafting sucked and that one of these later draft choices/UDFA's are better than guys they drafted or were available for their 53 man rosters..AND they would have to accept that our UDFA's are better than their players that have gone through OTA's, Training Camp, and maybe a Preseason game or two, and were cut by a team that reportedly had the worst WR corp in the 2015 season...lol That would be a high bar to hurdle!

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
A WR like Spruce or McRoberts if they were cut would easily clear waivers. If they get put on the practice squad is the teams call. I can't see other teams rushing to pick up the WRs that didn't make our team when our WRs have sucked the last couple of years. Every year we go through this with guy's saying we can't cut him because a team will snatch him up. How many times has that happened?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A WR like Spruce or McRoberts if they were cut would easily clear waivers. If they get put on the practice squad is the teams call. I can't see other teams rushing to pick up the WRs that didn't make our team when our WRs have sucked the last couple of years. Every year we go through this with guy's saying we can't cut him because a team will snatch him up. How many times has that happened?
Yeah, but I am excited more this year about these guys than those in the recent past..BY A LOT!:rockon:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't know for sure if any of these will make the final 53, but would assume that Pharoh Cooper and Tyler Higbee will...I am dead bang sure that Tavon Austin, Kenny Britt, and with the way Brian Quick practices, they will be locks to make the squad. So if we keep 6 WR's, we will expose some of these guys to other teams, before making the Practice Squad. I have heard good things about all of them, and I assume that talent evaluators from other teams are watching players like these on all 32 teams.. Which will be ignored, and could make the Practice Squad?
WR's
Pharoh Cooper
Bradley Marquez
Nelson Spruce
Duke Williams
Mike Thomas

TE
Tyler Higbee
Don't forget to add my Dark Horse in there, Marquez North!!(y):D It's going to be a Fun Pre-Season!!:mrburnsevil:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Yeah, but I am excited more this year about these guys than those in the recent past..BY A LOT!:rockon:
No doubt bro but somebody posted about checking out other teams boards and they are saying the same thing about their rookie WRs. I take all the reports with a grain of salt. Saying that I truly feel we have 3 steals in Higbee Cooper and Thomas. This draft could go down as Snead''s best.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
WR's
Pharoh Cooper
Bradley Marquez
Nelson Spruce
Duke Williams
Mike Thomas

Pharoh Cooper ✔
Bradley Marquez cut
Nelson Spruce ✔
Duke Williams ✔
Mike Thomas ✔
Brian (workout warrior/Underwear Olympics)Quick cut
Kenny Britt ✔
Tavon Austin ✔
Hill, Austin cut
McRoberts, Paul practice squad
North, Marquez practice squad
Richards, David cut

Last edited:

Gilley

UDFA
No doubt bro but somebody posted about checking out other teams boards and they are saying the same thing about their rookie WRs. I take all the reports with a grain of salt. Saying that I truly feel we have 3 steals in Higbee Cooper and Thomas. This draft could go down as Snead''s best.

It's really hard not to get excited, but what you said is 100% right. Every team looks like a contender during training camps haha. Happens every year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

With the good showing Duke Williams showed in that first Practice Team Padded Practice, and his beastly ability to position himself to catch the ball (again, he only catches 3 of 4 thrown to him), I would think this makes him a danger to Marquez's position on the team.....

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Only in the eyes of fans....We really won't know what Fisher thinks about these guys until a REAL preseason game...
Like most, I see Spruce, McRoberts, North as potential PS players if they don't make the 53....Too soon to say who'll be cut but in a week or so we'll know who they either like or wanna know more about. Goff kinda controls who'll get some interesting looks vs Dallas.

I think Duke Williams makes the team...just too much noise...dude is in every camp report..

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm just going to guess that Williams makes it because everything I have seen the Rams say about him indicates they value his size and abilities. It - IMO - is a job for him to lose. Marquez is ineligible as far as I understand. As much as people think Spruce wouldn't make it through the process to stay on the PS, keep in mind that he would need to be signed to someone's active roster. That means they have to either have an injury likely at that position AND have a player on their own practice roster not able to move up AND think he would contribute. Practice roster steals happen all the time but they are not really all that prevalent. No one stole Battle last year - right?

That being said, ain't no way either Higbeast or Cooper are put to the PS. Spruce is either on the 53 or is PS and despite reports, is there for us next season. I like his upside and what appears to be consistent right place right time good hands reports. If true, he is that guy who shines and hw probably doesn't make it there anyway.