Wichmann second highest rated guard this weekend.PFF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I watched a couple of games from Wichmann....he played very well versus L. Williams from USC, and I figured the guy could really play....I took him as "starter" type player.
Glad a bunch of guys ( @BonifayRam ) and I could be right about him...No way he should go back to the bench for Saffold...but he probably will....Still looks like some great depth....

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
They might draft a center but there is no way that he will start over Barnes. Even if he is good Fisher won't hand the Oline QB job to a rookie.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Hats off to the Rams OL this weekend, they really seemed to gel--hopefully we're done monkeying around w/ the O-line for a year or two.
Wichmann is proving that Snead's approach to this last year's draft is paying nice dividends--him, Havenstein & Brown all look like great picks, w/ Donnal another possible good pick for R/T depth behind Havenstein. We were all hoping that the OL would finally get some attention this year from Snisher, & it looks kinda like it got it. Tim Barnes even picking it up (literally :D) ....and, maybe Grob can keep developing, nice game from him yesterday.

Here's a nice 2016 Offensive Line squad, with DEPTH:
LT - Grob / Battle
LG - Saffold / Reynolds (this may actually switch after Reynolds' play this season....)
C - Barnes / <draft pick>
RG - Brown / Wichmann
RT - Havenstein / Donnal
Let me tell you, don't sleep on D. Williams. I really like this kid.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I watched a couple of games from Wichmann....he played very well versus L. Williams from USC, and I figured the guy could really play....I took him as "starter" type player.
Glad a bunch of guys ( @BonifayRam ) and I could be right about him...No way he should go back to the bench for Saffold...but he probably will....Still looks like some great depth....
Almost, everything that I see bad about him is related to strength, but he will get stronger, and is playing better. We'll have a lot to choose from next year, and I suspect someone, could be J. Brown, will get some work at Center.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
How 'bout Brown at LG, Wichmann at RG? Brown looked his best in preseason when he was on the left side.

I mentioned something similar after the game, where I think Wichmann and Havenstein are the future of this team on the right side of that OL. There were holes in the run game and he did quite well in pass pro, a very balanced outing for an OL that had two rookies manning the right side. Plus it was against a playoff defense in their house.

I do want them to bring Reynolds back as the swing guy and first guy off the bench. But with another camp this OL is gonna look quite nice as-is with GRob/Brown/Barnes/Wichmann/Havenstein as the starters. I know Barnes is a FA, but my guess is they get him done and also draft a center for depth/competition. IMO the OL is just about complete for next year even if they cut Saffold and that's a good place to be. Much better days ahead for the Rams OL from where I'm sitting.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Sledgehammer. You just don't mess with the man rolling around town with a sledgehammer.

Let's close out the season strong and give the coaches something to think about.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I mentioned something similar after the game, where I think Wichmann and Havenstein are the future of this team on the right side of that OL. There were holes in the run game and he did quite well in pass pro, a very balanced outing for an OL that had two rookies manning the right side. Plus it was against a playoff defense in their house.

I do want them to bring Reynolds back as the swing guy and first guy off the bench. But with another camp this OL is gonna look quite nice as-is with GRob/Brown/Barnes/Wichmann/Havenstein as the starters. I know Barnes is a FA, but my guess is they get him done and also draft a center for depth/competition. IMO the OL is just about complete for next year even if they cut Saffold and that's a good place to be. Much better days ahead for the Rams OL from where I'm sitting.
Not really a question about Reynolds, he's still under contract next year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would love for Wichman and Robbie to keep it up and then have Jamon Brown become the pro bowl type guard that the coaches believe he is. Then they just need GRob to put in the work, draft a Center and they have the makings of a dominant offensive line.......for years. Gurley could run wild, the QB would be protected. Everything would be clicking.

A dominant Oline has been my number one wish for the Rams for nearly a decade now. Could it finally be happening?