Why the Rams Made a Huge Mistake Drafting Todd Gurley 10th Overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This D is a shut down corner away from being the best in the league and this guy thinks drafting the best RB to come out in the past decade is a bad idea? Like to hear back from him in a couple of years.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ah, another opinion piece passed off as fact.

vokj4OU.jpg
Yes!! Brevity at its Best!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This D is a shut down corner away from being the best in the league and this guy thinks drafting the best RB to come out in the past decade is a bad idea? Like to hear back from him in a couple of years.
Not if he's going to be writing pieces like this Pile-of-Dung!!

WestCoastRam

Legend
Hard to take the piece seriously or any analysis of a draft pick seriously without putting forth other "better" picks in his place or a trade scenario (almost impossible without inside knowledge). It's very hard to know what was actually a mistake in the draft without a combination of time and inside information. To wit: We know that trading down for Pead and Watkins was a huge blunder by Snisher when they wanted and could have had Wagner. That level of knowledge and insight into the workings of a team are rarely known.

jap

Legend
If one of the so-called upper echelon teams drafted the Gurley Man, everyone would be talking about what a brilliant selection it was. However, because it is the 2014 bottom dweller Horns, they couldn't possibly know what the hell they are doing. When Gurley goes over a 1000 yards in limited games this season, I want this author to castrate himself.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i don't get it. this guy reckons rbs selected later than gurley can do a better job but the oliners selected after peat can't do as well? the 4 olinemen the rams selected don't count because one of them wasn't selected at #10? he wantd the rams to use a #10 on oline when they picked their franchise LT at #2 the previous year and the highest rated oline player this year when the rams #10 pick came up was a LT?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I saw this article last night but purposely didn't post it cus it's just stupid. Bleacher Report is just a bunch of unintelligent douchebags playing sports writer talking about teams and players they know absolutely shit about. you can click the authors' name and read their bio's and see how big of a joke they are. I'm actually curious if that's a paying gig or what.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I scarcely know what to say about this article...

Such disregard for the potential impact of a universally highly regarded stud RB.

And for the drafted rookie OL players with all that top starting experience at highly regarded college OL programs.

All before a single snap in a single preseason game.

And without a mention of a suggested better alternative player or players. Presumably an OL at #10? This was, after all, also considered a deep OL draft.

Must be nice to have a crystal ball like his...

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Looks like we've found just another lost soul who believes that teams draft positions and not players.(n)

BTW, I noticed that he didn't mention that the Titans OLine pre-Eddie George blocked for the 18th ranked rushing offense in the NFL at 3.5 yards per carry.

Also noticed that he didn't point out that Adrian Peterson dislocated his shoulder and required surgery one year, had a high ankle sprain and missed 4 games his sophomore season, and, as a junior, fractured his collarbone and missed 6 games. Or that DeMarco Murray followed him at Oklahoma.

I guess he'd be more impressed if the Rams drafted another Levi Brown trying to fill a need vs. a stud RB.

Great response!

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
These guys are fing know it alls most of whom I guarantee haven't played any sport period. All their "knowledge" is gleaned from spending hours surfing the net. They wouldn't know talent if it flew up their rears. I have my opinions of who should be drafted and generally it differs from what actually transpires, at which point I study why they (Front Office) are right. And usually it makes sense.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saw this article last night but purposely didn't post it cus it's just stupid. Bleacher Report is just a bunch of unintelligent douchebags playing sports writer talking about teams and players they know absolutely crap about. you can click the authors' name and read their bio's and see how big of a joke they are. I'm actually curious if that's a paying gig or what.

I posted it either because:
a) I'm stupid
b) Because there's not much out there these days to discuss
c) All of the above

Btw I like Steven Gerwel who is one of the writers over there. He seems to be even-handed about the Rams. Not everyone is a douchebag just because we don't agree with him. The author of this article may very well be correct in his assessment of this particular draft pick. Let's hope he's totally wrong though.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I posted it either because:
a) I'm stupid
b) Because there's not much out there these days to discuss
c) All of the above

Btw I like Steven Gerwel who is one of the writers over there. He seems to be even-handed about the Rams. Not everyone is a douchebag just because we don't agree with him. The author of this article may very well be correct in his assessment of this particular draft pick. Let's hope he's totally wrong though.

A?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
You just have to lock an "article" like this away for a year or two. Then anytime this jabroney Sobleski speaks, you just shove it in his face.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
He could be bad, THEREFORE HE IS.

Bleacher Report at it's finest. "They've gotten better." my left testicle.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If I was an editor at BR I would have rejected this article and insist it be rewritten. The argument is very poorly supported by the authors 'evidence', especially for such a strong title.

If challenged to support his points more clearly and evidentially, the author would have given up trying to make this viewpoint hold up.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Despite this lame article I will enjoy my throw back #30 Gurley jersey when it gets here in a few week :eek: