Why I'm not worried about Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It has an enormous amount to do with whether a rookie starts game one.

When you have a new regime that takes a QB high it is understood they're going to have to take their lumps with him as he learns on the job. He is also not going to get a full install of the offense. They'll say they're doing that but inevitably more and more will be added to the offense in year 2/3 as he matures into an NFL QB.

Fisher is just a different situation entirely. He has to win. Fans all have this perception that he's comfortable and willing to trot that rookie out there, but he's in year 5 of a 5 year deal without even one winning season under his belt. The dude is going to put the QB out there that gives him the best chance to win.

Look at Philly. New coach, new staff, and they have a QB they gave up almost as much to move up for as we did. Do you honestly think they don't realize that Bradford gives them a better chance to win? They do. But they figure that uber talented kid is going to take his lumps and get better week to week and when their program starts to come together the QB will be ready.

The best teacher for these guys is snaps. Coaches understand that. Unfortunately, not all of them are secure enough to weather a rookie learning on the job. Fisher is under pressure to win, no matter how cool he looks about it.

It was said and understood in Philadelphia (I know, because I listen to Philly Sports/Eagles news almost every day). They fully intended this year to be a red shirt for Wentz, with Bradford starting...They DID NOT intend for Wentz to "take his lumps" I can assure you. Besides him being a rookie, their Oline is cr@p, and they also wanted Bradford to take the hits, not the rookie.

Who in the world could have known of the Bridgewater injury, and that insane offer of a 1st and a 4th for Sam Bradford by the Vikes? Even this years MADDEN wouldn't allow a trade for Bradford, worth more than a 3rd rounder.!! The Eagles had no intention of Bradford playing his last year of his contract (next year), so the risk was for him playing badly, behind a bad Oline, reducing his trade value after this season. The trade value would never be higher than right now, so THAT is why Carson Wentz is going to take his lumps....take that to the bank. It wasn't because of the learning process, although that's what it's becoming in a lost season for the Eagles.

nighttrain

Legend
i'm really hoping this season and the way Fisher is doing Goff cost him his job, no faith in fish at all
train
go Rams

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
They fully intended this year to be a red shirt for Wentz, with Bradford starting...They DID NOT intend for Wentz to "take his lumps" I can assure you. Besides him being a rookie, their Oline is cr@p, and they also wanted Bradford to take the hits, not the rookie.
Not sure if Pederson, ex-QB himself, would play a guy that he didn't feel could handle it...In fact, we all have to consider these coaches make decisions based on multiple practices, not just the preseason games...Probably the best course to continue the development of Carson W. is on the field, in real games...Because he's just that far enough along....
Bout the O-Line...If Lane Johnson is not suspended, with the LT Peters...and the C Kelsey...I see a decent O-Line...in fact, philly has a lil talent over there on offense...several weapons...and watching Sam, they looked pretty efficient...by that I mean, when teams convert 3rd & longs...they seem to have an understanding on how to move the ball...where as some teams just call draws or screens....get what they can to punt. Philly was going for it on 3rd and longs...just saying...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure if Pederson, ex-QB himself, would play a guy that he didn't feel could handle it...In fact, we all have to consider these coaches make decisions based on multiple practices, not just the preseason games...Probably the best course to continue the development of Carson W. is on the field, in real games...Because he's just that far enough along....
Bout the O-Line...If Lane Johnson is not suspended, with the LT Peters...and the C Kelsey...I see a decent O-Line...in fact, philly has a lil talent over there on offense...several weapons...and watching Sam, they looked pretty efficient...by that I mean, when teams convert 3rd & longs...they seem to have an understanding on how to move the ball...where as some teams just call draws or screens....get what they can to punt. Philly was going for it on 3rd and longs...just saying...
After months of listening to guest experts that know people within the Eagles organization, as well as on air personalities that have connections within the organization, all of which have credibility with me, the info that I provided was accepted as true in Philadelphia. There was no plan to have Carson Wentz to do anything other than watch this year..They are rolling the dice, and Wentz may do great...But it wasn't the plan to throw Wentz into the fire this early...and most likely not until next year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was said and understood in Philadelphia (I know, because I listen to Philly Sports/Eagles news almost every day). They fully intended this year to be a red shirt for Wentz, with Bradford starting...They DID NOT intend for Wentz to "take his lumps" I can assure you. Besides him being a rookie, their Oline is cr@p, and they also wanted Bradford to take the hits, not the rookie.

Who in the world could have known of the Bridgewater injury, and that insane offer of a 1st and a 4th for Sam Bradford by the Vikes? Even this years MADDEN wouldn't allow a trade for Bradford, worth more than a 3rd rounder.!! The Eagles had no intention of Bradford playing his last year of his contract (next year), so the risk was for him playing badly, behind a bad Oline, reducing his trade value after this season. The trade value would never be higher than right now, so THAT is why Carson Wentz is going to take his lumps....take that to the bank. It wasn't because of the learning process, although that's what it's becoming in a lost season for the Eagles.
I listen to Philly sports radio and this Bradford trade doesn't surprise me at all. They were talking about a small package of plays for Wentz to run this year. Daniel has been a huge disappointment and likely would be #3 if Wentz hadn't gotten dinged up. There has been nothing but raves for this kid since he showed up
Not sure how we could be both listening to Philly radio and hearing such opposite things

Athos

Legend
I'm worried for him only because Fisher has no idea how to prepare the position and no idea how to utilize any QBs strengths and implement them in said office.

It'll probably take Goff both longer to crack the starting role and succeed under Fisher than almost any other regime. I say almost, because the Browns.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I listen to Philly sports radio and this Bradford trade doesn't surprise me at all. They were talking about a small package of plays for Wentz to run this year. Daniel has been a huge disappointment and likely would be #3 if Wentz hadn't gotten dinged up. There has been nothing but raves for this kid since he showed up
Not sure how we could be both listening to Philly radio and hearing such opposite things
I listen to the FANATIC....and they were all blown away with the trade, are you kidding me? They spent Monday just overwhelmed by what a stud Howie Roseman was for trading up for Carson Wentz for what they did, and then regaining a 1st rounder by trading Sam Bradford.....Of course you can't be surprised they would take such a deal from the Vikings, because it's beyond crazy that it would have ever been offered in the first place for Sam Bradford. I never heard from any of the hosts on the FANATIC that ever indicated a trade for Sam Bradford would happen until after this season, and certainly not for a 1st and a 4th.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and..Jaworski said yesterday that before the trade, Wentz would have been the 3rd QB behind Chase Daniels..just sayin'

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and..Jaworski said yesterday that before the trade, Wentz would have been the 3rd QB behind Chase Daniels..just sayin'
Well there you go, if he cant even pronounce the guys name right, then how much does he know?
it is Daniel after all
Not Daniels...

And that is apples to oranges after all.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I listen to the FANATIC....and they were all blown away with the trade, are you kidding me? They spent Monday just overwhelmed by what a stud Howie Roseman was for trading up for Carson Wentz for what they did, and then regaining a 1st rounder by trading Sam Bradford.....Of course you can't be surprised they would take such a deal from the Vikings, because it's beyond crazy that it would have ever been offered in the first place for Sam Bradford. I never heard from any of the hosts on the FANATIC that ever indicated a trade for Sam Bradford would happen until after this season, and certainly not for a 1st and a 4th.
Shocked that they got a #1 for Bradford for sure, and they are incredibly PUMPED to see Wentz get the nod
You're not going to try and sell me that Philly was behind Bradford are you? Come on man

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well there you go, if he cant even pronounce the guys name right, then how much does he know?
it is Daniel after all
Not Daniels...

And that is apples to oranges after all.
So adding a simple "s" where it doesn't belong is your reason to invalidate Jaworski's take? whatever, believe what you want.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shocked that they got a #1 for Bradford for sure, and they are incredibly PUMPED to see Wentz get the nod
You're not going to try and sell me that Philly was behind Bradford are you? Come on man
They didn't let Bradford leave when he wanted to get traded earlier, remember? They only wanted Bradford for this year to start and thats it...so yes.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

While I do not listen to Philly sports radio I do read Eagles coverage from the Philly and New Jersey media outlets daily. I agree that the trade was not a surprise. They have always had a 1st round price tag on Bradford once they moved up. Neither Denver or Dallas would bite during this years draft. They played their cards right and bet that a playoff contender would lose QB and pay the price. Due to the severity of Teddy B's injury and the likelihood that he will miss part of next year; they were able to bleed the 4th year conditional out of Minny. They have got a 3rd of the draft picks back and are making more moves to get more picks (see Rowe trade) and the fact that they are shopping two of their non starting guards.

In terms of Wenz's development, it now coming out that a lot of the Eagles Beat writers were told off the record that the Eagles were blow away/thrilled with his development ever since OTAs. Specifically loved his physical talents and his experience under center, calling protections, pre-snap recognition. Their only concern was his tendency to be physical as a runner. They have been pounding into him to slide.

In terms of installing the offense. Teams do the whole boat in OTAs and training camp. They cut backer limit reads/progression when they are prepping for games if they have a rookie or inexperience at QB.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They didn't let Bradford leave when he wanted to get traded earlier, remember? They only wanted Bradford for this year to start and thats it...so yes.
Did they talk trade with Denver? NY Jets? "Un-named" team that was hot and heavy?
Come on, making this out like they didn't hope this type of sitch would come up just isn't being honest.
They got lucky and got not only let off the hook, but now basically got Wentz for not spending all that much

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Fisher is just a different situation entirely. He has to win. .....he's in year 5 of a 5 year deal without even one winning season under his belt...........The dude is going to put the QB out there that gives him the best chance to win...........................Fisher is under pressure to win, no matter how cool he looks about it.

How much does that change should he get an extension in the next few weeks?

They fully intended to start Bradford and red shirt Wentz. That's been stated over and over and over.

Shocked that they got a #1 for Bradford for sure, and they are incredibly PUMPED to see Wentz get the nod. You're not going to try and sell me that Philly was behind Bradford are you? Come on man

Yes, they were behind Bradford. He played very well for them last year. If Teddy Bridgewater doesn't blow out his knee, Wentz would be holding a clipboard like Goff.

The opportunity came along and Minnesota blew them away with their offer. They'd be fools to turn them down. Now had they not taken Wentz, it's a different story. I don't believe for 1 second Bradford ends up in Minnesota.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While I do not listen to Philly sports radio I do read Eagles coverage from the Philly and New Jersey media outlets daily. I agree that the trade was not a surprise. They have always had a 1st round price tag on Bradford once they moved up. Neither Denver or Dallas would bite during this years draft. They played their cards right and bet that a playoff contender would lose QB and pay the price. Due to the severity of Teddy B's injury and the likelihood that he will miss part of next year; they were able to bleed the 4th year conditional out of Minny. They have got a 3rd of the draft picks pack and are making more moves to get more picks (see Rowe trade) and the fact that they are shopping two of their non starting guards.

In terms of Wenz's development, it now coming out that a lot of the Eagles Beat writers were told off the record that the Eagles were blow away/thrilled with his development ever since OTAs. Specifically loved his physical talents and his experience under center, calling protections, pre-snap recognition. Their only concern was his tendency to be physical as a runner. They have been pounding into him to slide.

In terms of installing the offense. Teams do the whole boat in OTAs and training camp. They cut backer limit reads/progression when they are prepping for games if they have a rookie or inexperience at QB.
I still support Fisher, I still vastly prefer Goff, don't think the Rams overpaid for him and hope we get to see his brilliance this year. I don't care what happens with Wentz or Bradford but your take is exactly what I've heard listening to local radio

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

First off by "take his lumps" I mean the usual ups and downs of fumbling, INTs, getting sacked from not seeing protections right, etc. All rookies suffer through that to a greater or lesser extent. Judging from what I saw of Wentz in preseason in a very small window, he's definitely gonna take his lumps.

You are clearly correct on the "why" Philly moved Sam Bradford being the offer from the Vikes. But all that aside, they would not have moved Sam Bradford if they weren't willing to accept playing the rook right out the gate under the new regime, and all that comes with it.

Lastly, if that radio spin on them being worried about Wentz behind a poor OL is true they would be starting the QB they paid 5+ million to as their backup. So I don't think the team internally has those concerns with their OL.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I would not be worried about The Rams OL if Peters was the LT, Johnson is the RT (unless he is suspended), Kielce was the center and Brandon Brooks the RG. DO not think the Eagles issues are on the OL.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Of course you can't be surprised they would take such a deal from the Vikings, because it's beyond crazy that it would have ever been offered in the first place for Sam Bradford.

Shocked that they got a #1 for Bradford for sure
Wasn't there several teams offering the Rams a 1st rounder for Sam before the Foles trade? Remember reading it just last year....