Why I'm not worried about Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First off by "take his lumps" I mean the usual ups and downs of fumbling, INTs, getting sacked from not seeing protections right, etc. All rookies suffer through that to a greater or lesser extent. Judging from what I saw of Wentz in preseason in a very small window, he's definitely gonna take his lumps.

You are clearly correct on the "why" Philly moved Sam Bradford being the offer from the Vikes. But all that aside, they would not have moved Sam Bradford if they weren't willing to accept playing the rook right out the gate under the new regime, and all that comes with it.

Lastly, if that radio spin on them being worried about Wentz behind a poor OL is true they would be starting the QB they paid 5+ million to as their backup. So I don't think the team internally has those concerns with their OL.

The overall point that I had, was they were willing to chance starting Wentz because of the outrageous offer for Sam. The price was something they couldn't refuse...You can talk yourself into taking a chance, so that other weapons might be gained by the new draft picks acquired. It's an odd time of year for a deal like this to go down, especially for the cost to the Vikings...The Eagles asked for the World, and the Vikings shocked the hell out of them by accepting the offer....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn't there several teams offering the Rams a 1st rounder for Sam before the Foles trade? Remember reading it just last year....

I don't remember that..but even if so, Bradford underwhelmed the NFL by his performance in Philly....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did they talk trade with Denver? NY Jets? "Un-named" team that was hot and heavy?
Come on, making this out like they didn't hope this type of sitch would come up just isn't being honest.
They got lucky and got not only let off the hook, but now basically got Wentz for not spending all that much

Yeah, but they didn't take those deals, whatever they were, did they? They had a high price they expected for him (sam), and no one met that price, until a team with Super Bowl dreams had their starter go down with a serious injury, well after decisions like this are normally made... I hope for the lotto win, doesn't mean I will get it. Eagles won the lotto

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I don't remember that..but even if so, Bradford underwhelmed the NFL by his performance in Philly....

Only in your mind. Think it was the opposite. Miss 2 year and no OTAs or training camp and then look at his numbers over the last half in an offense where you can not check out of BAD plays. Minimal after last year was a 2. They held out for a 1+.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm worried for him only because Fisher has no idea how to prepare the position and no idea how to utilize any QBs strengths and implement them in said office.

It'll probably take Goff both longer to crack the starting role and succeed under Fisher than almost any other regime. I say almost, because the Browns.

Again with the Fisher/QB thing.......can you offer ANYTHING to support it?

Any shred of evidence, even if it's only half true..........post it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only in your mind. Think it was the opposite. Miss 2 year and no OTAs or training camp and then look at his numbers over the last half in an offense where you can not check out of BAD plays. Minimal after last year was a 2. They held out for a 1+.

Actually, you're absolutely wrong. If you want to take glory in the stats that's your choice, Philly Fans thought Sam was a disaster. They thought the Rams ripped them off by getting their second round pick and Foles (They thought Foles and Bradford both sucked)...The Fanatic, the Eagles Home on radio, had the "Sam Bradford Bitch and Complain Line" for Gods sake (so they could complain about his poor play and the Iggles in general). They gambled with all of those draft picks because Sam wasn't their franchise QB...but believe what you want.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Actually, you're absolutely wrong. If you want to take glory in the stats that's your choice, Philly Fans thought Sam was a disaster. They thought the Rams ripped them off by getting their second round pick and Foles (They thought Foles and Bradford both sucked)...The Fanatic, the Eagles Home on radio, had the "Sam Bradford Bitch and Complain Line" for Gods sake (so they could complain about his poor play and the Iggles in general). They gambled with all of those draft picks because Sam wasn't their franchise QB...but believe what you want.

Bradford was such awesomeness that the Eagles gave the Browns this to move to #2 from #8:

The No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder.

They gave up more to go to #2 from #8 than the Rams did to go to #1 from #15.

They moved up six spots, that's it..........

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
I think he meant the "offense" his college team ran.
Not the institution itself. ;)
Reddit NFL says that Brees, Wilson, Rivers, Newton, Tannehill, Krap, Ben, A. Smith and Flacco all played in the spread system. Not sure how much or how many years they were playing in that system, but for the most part this is a decent group of guys. Except for Krap. He was only good for a year or two. :rolllaugh::LOL::redcard:

Athos

Legend
Again with the Fisher/QB thing.......can you offer ANYTHING to support it?

Any shred of evidence, even if it's only half true..........post it.

Why waste any more time getting into detail about Fishers abject failures with QBs and offenses?

It's the definition of insanity. It's been hashed and rehashed by me and several others.

Some people are okay with mediocrity and non-sensical, failed attempts at trying to offense. That's fine.

At this point I'll just sit back and wait. All I need to do when it comes to Fisher.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Why waste any more time getting into detail about Fishers abject failures with QBs and offenses?

It's the definition of insanity. It's been hashed and rehashed by me and several others.

Some people are okay with mediocrity and non-sensical, failed attempts at trying to offense. That's fine.

At this point I'll just sit back and wait. All I need to do when it comes to Fisher.

Nice job failing to support the complete myth you perpetuate. Next up will be your point about Fisher and his drafts in TENN right? And how he wanted Vince Young.

You have about nothing to stand on here so prolly backing out now would be smart.

Well constructed discussions here by you though.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Bradford underwhelmed the NFL by his performance in Philly
Just signed a contract....for what I wanna say was around $20 million a year...could be less...could be more...for 2 years....Which has been picked up by Minnesota...He was begging to get released after he signed it...Knowing full well he'd be employed for the 2016 season...Finished 2015 as one of the hottest QB's over the last 8 weeks...passer rating....all that stuff....with pretty average weapons....Again, Sam's play isn't, nor has it ever been the problem....It's his health, rather, the risk of can he stay healthy for an NFL season....

Only in your mind. Think it was the opposite.
Exactly...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reddit NFL says that Brees, Wilson, Rivers, Newton, Tannehill, Krap, Ben, A. Smith and Flacco all played in the spread system. Not sure how much or how many years they were playing in that system, but for the most part this is a decent group of guys. Except for Krap. He was only good for a year or two. :rolllaugh::LOL::redcard:
Exactly. Furthermore, Flacco played in 1-AA from a shotgun offense and he still had no issue making the adjustment. Also of note, Flacco played at Delaware because he couldn't beat out Tyler Palko for the starting gig at Pitt.
Tannehill played WR as much as QB, Newton ran as much as he threw etc etc...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just signed a contract....for what I wanna say was around $20 million a year...could be less...could be more...for 2 years....Which has been picked up by Minnesota...He was begging to get released after he signed it...Knowing full well he'd be employed for the 2016 season...Finished 2015 as one of the hottest QB's over the last 8 weeks...passer rating....all that stuff....with pretty average weapons....Again, Sam's play isn't, nor has it ever been the problem....It's his health, rather, the risk of can he stay healthy for an NFL season....

Exactly...
Yeah, he was so great they moved heaven and earth to move up for Carson Wentz. They knew Bradford's history when they got him from us,so there is that....And as for it all being in my mind, explain the "Bradford Bitch and Complain Line "dedicated to ragging on Sam Bradford at the Eagles flagship Radio Station?

This all started with some trying to compare how great Wentz is, or has looked in practice I guess....and using that comparison to dump on Goff..You want to do that, knock yourself out. I am just saying like I said earlier, after listening to the FANATIC in Philadelphia, ever since the Bradford-Foles trade happened, that they all knew Sam Bradford wasn't the answer for them. But with Sam, Carson Wentz would have been red shirting this year behind Bradford and Daniel, per station contributor and Eagles insider Ron Jaworski. Jaws also said that he would have preferred that Daniel start for the next few weeks, because Wentz wasn't ready, in his opinion.......