Why I want a Rams/Browns Super Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
The silly season of speculation is all we fans have in the long offseason of Pro Football so why not dare to dream?

There are 5 reasons I would enjoy watching the Rams play the Browns in SoFi that extend beyond simply wanting them to make it that far and win.

1. John Johnson and Troy Hill were integral to the rise of the Rams' defense and will always carry a special place in my heart as a fan. JJIII was an underrated leader and T Hill rose from relative obscurity through hard work and perseverance, I hated losing players like Hacksaw and The Bus to other teams but that doesn't diminish my love of what they did for the Rams when they wore the Horns.
2. Those many years of futility in Cleveland forged a fan base that died hard and often for decades. We long term Ram fans know what that feels like even though we've enjoyed several epic seasons along the way. When Mike Jones made "The Tackle", I felt more relief than elation. Those fans deserve some reward for their perseverance.
3. The Rams were born in Cleveland long before I was born but the history of our franchise deserves to be recognized and that would happen if this game occurred.
4. The matchups and storylines would be plentiful, making the number of quality articles before and after the game even more enjoyable. Donald over Garrett. Stafford and Mayfield careers contrasted. The Brown's locomotive running game v the Rams' immovable object-like defense.
5. Living in Springfield Missouri, I suffered all those years surrounded by Chiefs fans and not seeing Rams apparel in stores and many games not televised on Sundays in the third largest city of this state. I like their team but would enjoy the vindication of seeing them fall to the Browns. I suppose a Rams/Chiefs Super Bowl with the Rams winning would be a close second for me but the aforementioned reasons give the Browns my nod.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The Browns? Ewww. I'd rather have Rams/Chargers. Suck it, east coast.

My dream SB already happened in 79, bout 10 years before my existence. Don't think I'll be getting that for a while now tho.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Browns? Ewww. I'd rather have Rams/Chargers. Suck it, east coast.

My dream SB already happened in 79, bout 10 years before my existence. Don't think I'll be getting that for a while now tho.
You do know Cleveland is west of Pittsburgh, right?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Can it also be a replay of the 1951 NFL Championship? Stafford playing the Van Brocklin role and (insert receiver name here) playing the Tom Fears role on a 73-yard game winning TD pass late in the 4th quarter?

dang

Legend
I’ve been rooting for Cleveland for years. 2 reasons for not rooting for the Browns (at least for me): Mayfield and OBJ.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’ve been rooting for Cleveland for years. 2 reasons for not rooting for the Browns (at least for me): Mayfield and OBJ.
I’m with you on this. Mayfield doesn’t bother me too much but OBJ and in general that team has developed a lot of attitude. Maybe they’ve earned it after decades of misery, but too much rubs me the wrong way.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1624386291511.png

Just got this this morning. I hope I can somehow swing it if they do make it!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is losing in the Superbowl a good thing or bad thing for a fan base deprived of football success?
Me, I'd like to start exorcizing some demons, first up the Pittsburgh Steelers

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Rams over Dolphins. They are really the only two teams I have ever rooted for. Maybe Rams over Ravens. That would be fun for me as I am in Raven/WFT territory........

Then again.... Rams over Steelers has a really nice nostalgic redemptive ring to it...

oldnotdead

Legend
I don't want to give Cleveland the satisfaction of going to a Super Bowl. I know they don't have much of a chance but I would love playing the Pats for some revenge and running up the score on them.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I guess when you think about it Cleveland has been kicked around pretty good by losing their football team in their dog pound hey day! and being used like toilet paper by Lebron James it would be nice to see them get crushed by the Rams in the super bowl

fearsomefour

Legend
Sorry man, but for a lot of us born in California, anyplace East of the Rockies is the “East coast.” ha!
Exactly.
Growing up on the central coast of California we were told eventually a massive earthquake would happen and everything east of California would fall into the Atlantic.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Cleveland has undoubtedly the best and most steadfast fans in football. I would love to see us crush their dreams at SoFi. If not us then the Browns would be the next team I would like to see win a SB.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd love it.

But if we're talking about the dream there is only one:

Bucs in the NFCCG and Patriots in the Super Bowl

dang

Legend
Cleveland has undoubtedly the best and most steadfast fans in football. I would love to see us crush their dreams at SoFi. If not us then the Browns would be the next team I would like to see win a SB.
Buffalo Bills fans disagree. I can attest I’ve never met a more dedicated and welcoming fan base than Bills fans. Browns fans might be comparable but I don’t see them as more supportive than Bills fans.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Buffalo Bills fans disagree. I can attest I’ve never met a more dedicated and welcoming fan base than Bills fans. Browns fans might be comparable but I don’t see them as more supportive than Bills fans.
Not to downplay their fandom but the Bills went to four SB in a row. Granted, they lost all four but Cleveland has never even been to ONE. The Browns are referred to as the factory of sadness for a reason. For their fans to be as rabid as they are is IMO incomparable in the NFL.