Whos picking first next year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I need to add my dark-horse pick: Chicago Bears. For some reason I don't think everyone is on board with Marc Trestman and Phil Emery (new GM). Everyone knows about Brian Urlacher's comments, but also Robbie Gould said last week or so that "if the Bears were smart they'd sign people now."

They have a lot of contracts up at the end of the season including Peanut Tillman and Jay Cutler...so either this means this will be an all or nothing type year or they are going to TANK and get that Clowney kid.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
BigRamFan said:
One of the Raiders, Jags or Bills

^ This. And... I'd say you nailed the draft order picks 1 through 3.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Simple: if the Jaguars play Gabbert the entire year, it'll be them. If they go with another quarterback, it'll be Oakland.

The Eagles are my darkhorse pick, though. I'm no fan of Chip Kelly; I don't think he'll be able to translate his system to the NFL level, and the Eagles have a quarterback competition going on where the two quarterbacks in question play two completely different ways. And now they've lost the only reliable wide receiver on their team in Maclin.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento....this is why I picked the Eagles. Add the fact that if his offense doesnt take traction and run up points the D will be in for long, long days.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Cards put a band aid on their QB situation. I'm looking at the Jags or the Jets or the Raiders.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
HE WITH HORNS said:
Cards put a band aid on their QB situation. I'm looking at the Jags or the Jets or the Raiders.
Am i the only one who thinks Carson palmer is like putting a band aid on while your skins wet.
Everbody seems to think hes going to go in and play well. Nothing he did with Oakland shows me that as well as minus a few good years with 2 high end receivers did he really impress me in Cincinnati i believe Arizona is just his next failed landing

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
nighttrain said:
Shawnbb158 said:
How about the browns?
They always seem to be in the running
train
I think i'm in the minority, but i don't think the Browns are that bad a team this year. They have a lot of talent now, between Richardson at RB and Gordon/Little at WR, and what is a pretty good OL, if Weeden can play at even an average level this year, they could win 6-7 games, i think.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
CGI_Ram said:
PrometheusFaulk said:
San Diego.

Nice dark horse. That's not a far-fetched scenario.

Yeah...I get the hate for the Jets, Bills, Jags and Raiders, but three of those teams have competent running games (and the Jets may with Ivory), and I could actually see the Jets and Bills defense being pretty good. Assuming the offensive line is as bad for the Chargers as it was last year (and I don't see any reason why it would be significantly better), this team is going to have very little in terms of redeeming qualities.

I mean anything can happen when they start playing, but if you're not living in the past there's very little to like about the Chargers' roster.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
PrometheusFaulk said:
CGI_Ram said:
PrometheusFaulk said:
San Diego.

Nice dark horse. That's not a far-fetched scenario.

Yeah...I get the hate for the Jets, Bills, Jags and Raiders, but three of those teams have competent running games (and the Jets may with Ivory), and I could actually see the Jets and Bills defense being pretty good. Assuming the offensive line is as bad for the Chargers as it was last year (and I don't see any reason why it would be significantly better), this team is going to have very little in terms of redeeming qualities.

I mean anything can happen when they start playing, but if you're not living in the past there's very little to like about the Chargers' roster.

Solid argument. Not to mention the state of Rivers... Keep? Replace?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2