Who's gonna take the risk on Clowney?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

Someone will and they will either be very happy for they will wish they had gone with a solid personality. I think that is very important when considering some of these guys.

Alan

Legend
Memphis Ram with his view:
So it looks like we are again coming from two different perspectives
Yeah I know and I love the diversity. :)

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Ok - so the more I've been thinking about this upcoming draft the more interesting it seems to be to me. This year there is no unanimous number one prospect - despite the fact that there appears to be a guy who most talent evaluators think is a once in a decade prospect at possibly the most game changing position in football - the defensive end from South Carolina - Jadeveon Clowney. And yet it looks like everyone has got a reason to pass on him;

Houston needs a QB.
Rams are set at DE.
Jacksonville needs more offense,
Cleveland needs a QB,
Oakland needs a QB and then everything else

Frankly - the first team I see in the draft that needs a defensive lineman is Atlanta at 6. And most people see them trading up for Clowney. I don't see the point personally. I think he's still gonna be there at six.

What I want to know is - does anyone else think Jadeveon Clowney falls out of the top 5 - and if so - where does he go??

I think he should, I'm not sure he will.

A55VA6

Legend
My bet is he either goes #1 or #2. Jeff Fisher wants him. I know he does. If neither one of those get him, I can see Rams trading with Falcons to get Clowney

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't see Clowney being a problem when he has guys like Quinn and Long to bring him up. Seriously, our top two DE's would make him look like a fool if he didn't give it all he had. This isn't an ATL DL where he could play half hearted and still be the best. He'd half to work his butt off.

Have you guys ever ran in a group compared to running by yourself? If you have pride to not look like a straggler then you'll force yourself to keep pace. I do beleive Long and Quinn would do their thing and Clowney's eyes will be opened to what he has to do to be the best.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't see Clowney being a problem when he has guys like Quinn and Long to bring him up. Seriously, our top two DE's would make him look like a fool if he didn't give it all he had.

I hadn't thought about that. Good point. This would be a great landing spot for Clowney to learn how to be a pro.

iced

I don't see Clowney being a problem when he has guys like Quinn and Long to bring him up. Seriously, our top two DE's would make him look like a fool if he didn't give it all he had. This isn't an ATL DL where he could play half hearted and still be the best. He'd half to work his butt off.

+ Having Mike Wauffle as a D-L coach

A55VA6

Legend
Clowney would be in a good position here. I think it would really help him to be behind guys like Quinn and Long.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I hadn't thought about that. Good point. This would be a great landing spot for Clowney to learn how to be a pro.

AND he would have to earn a spot. There are many teams he would walk into a starting spot. Not the Rams. Chris would be right there pushing him the whole way.