Who would you like to see returning punts now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who should return punts now?

• Jenkins

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Givens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pead

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Pettis

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Jenks. Hands down. I just don't want to take any risk of him getting banged up. Risk vs reward here though, and I know Jenkins ain't scared. He wants to be back there. He will house one before Dannys back bet.

I love Pead, but the kid still seems like he isn't NFL ready yet to me. I saw him botch a kick on returns (Detroit game?) then never saw him back there again. I still have no doubt he'll be a fine player, he's just still very raw right now. I'd like to see him a little more involved too, but there's so much going on in a game sometimes there just isn't an opportunity.

I did see him motion out far left to make a 5 wide set one play. Sam got sacked or something, but he clapped his hands when he got out there because he got matched up on a linebacker. The linebacker clapped back like a smart ass haha. Pead beat him though on a fly route. I was really hoping we could see a huge play involving him. Like I said, I think Sam got sacked or something. Does anyone remember the play I'm talking about?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Username said:
Jenks. Hands down. I just don't want to take any risk of him getting banged up. Risk vs reward here though, and I know Jenkins ain't scared. He wants to be back there. He will house one before Dannys back bet.

I love Pead, but the kid still seems like he isn't NFL ready yet to me. I saw him botch a kick on returns (Detroit game?) then never saw him back there again. I still have no doubt he'll be a fine player, he's just still very raw right now. I'd like to see him a little more involved too, but there's so much going on in a game sometimes there just isn't an opportunity.

I did see him motion out far left to make a 5 wide set one play. Sam got sacked or something, but he clapped his hands when he got out there because he got matched up on a linebacker. The linebacker clapped back like a smart ass haha. Pead beat him though on a fly route. I was really hoping we could see a huge play involving him. Like I said, I think Sam got sacked or something. Does anyone remember the play I'm talking about?
No, I don't remember that. What quarter? I'll try to find that on the coaches tape.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
1st quarter, 3rd and 4, 2:15 mark. This is the pass that Sam forced to Amendola it will be interesting to see what was going on down field. I remember I thought he was open when I was at the game. Of course if he was, we all know what this means. TRADE BRADFORD NOW.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Username said:
1st quarter, 3rd and 4, 2:15 mark. This is the pass that Sam forced to Amendola it will be interesting to see what was going on down field. I remember I thought he was open when I was at the game. Of course if he was, we all know what this means. TRADE BRADFORD NOW.
Oh he was open alright. Pocket started collapsing though, so he went to his primary read. Problem is, he never got off of his primary read. Which, he tends to do from time to time with his banky. I'm sure they're going to go over this one on film and highlight the shit out of it. Once Bradford stepped up, if he was looking downfield instead of at Amendola, they could have hooked up for 6.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6LwEVwU52I[/youtube]
hd.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
Wouldn't be shocked if we see that play again, and if it's another favorable matchup Bradford will look to throw deep to him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Username said:
Oh he was open alright. Pocket started collapsing though, so he went to his primary read. Problem is, he never got off of his primary read. Which, he tends to do from time to time with his banky. I'm sure they're going to go over this one on film and highlight the shit out of it. Once Bradford stepped up, if he was looking downfield instead of at Amendola, they could have hooked up for 6.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6LwEVwU52I[/youtube]
hd.jpg

I saw him go through 3 reads, then came back to Dammo. Pead was open late, and he's not a WR, so that may have never been a real option, other than to try to get the safety deep and to the left side, which it didn't. So, because it didn't, maybe they will look at it in the future.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
I saw him go through 3 reads, then came back to Dammo. Pead was open late, and he's not a WR, so that may have never been a real option, other than to try to get the safety deep and to the left side, which it didn't. So, because it didn't, maybe they will look at it in the future.
Yeah, he threw Gibson a look, but went back to Dolamite. I'm not blaming him for that. That D-line was getting to him in a hurry, so it's only natural to look for the short yardage gain - especially when you only need short yardage (4 yards) for the first down. Like blue said, they'll probably use that one again since it did provide a favorable matchup. Pead ate that cushion up pretty quickly and got a couple steps with nothing but green ahead of him. I'd sure like to see it again.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
Yeah, he threw Gibson a look, but went back to Dolamite. I'm not blaming him for that. That D-line was getting to him in a hurry, so it's only natural to look for the short yardage gain - especially when you only need short yardage (4 yards) for the first down. Like blue said, they'll probably use that one again since it did provide a favorable matchup. Pead ate that cushion up pretty quickly and got a couple steps with nothing but green ahead of him. I'd sure like to see it again.
Pead showed some good top end speed, but Sam may not know if he would go up and compete for the ball though. There was another play that I saw where Richardson was wide open on a flare to the left...I mean nobody withing 25 yards of him, but Sam got flushed to the right. It wasn't that the defense changed, they just didn't account for him, so we may see a roll out throw back flare.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
Pead showed some good top end speed, but Sam may not know if he would go up and compete for the ball though. There was another play that I saw where Richardson was wide open on a flare to the left...I mean nobody withing 25 yards of him, but Sam got flushed to the right. It wasn't that the defense changed, they just didn't account for him, so we may see a roll out throw back flare.
That would be nice. Richardson or Pead in space could be VERY productive. I hope we see more of Pead soon, because the kid really does have some awesome change of direction skills. Richardson is more downhill (as you know) - one cut and gone. I think that's why he got the ups on Pead. Fisher likes those one-cut guys.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
That would be nice. Richardson or Pead in space could be VERY productive. I hope we see more of Pead soon, because the kid really does have some awesome change of direction skills. Richardson is more downhill (as you know) - one cut and gone. I think that's why he got the ups on Pead. Fisher likes those one-cut guys.
No knock on either one of these guys from me, but an observation...if Pead's and Richardson's roles would have been reversed in the preseason, Pead may have won the job. Rich went against the 3's and 4's with our oline 2's - 3's, and Pead ran against 1's and 2's, with our 2's - 3's.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
No knock on either one of these guys from me, but an observation...if Pead's and Richardson's roles would have been reversed in the preseason, Pead may have won the job. Rich went against the 3's and 4's with our oline 2's - 3's, and Pead ran against 1's and 2's, with our 2's - 3's.
Think so? I think Fisher probably saw enough of them against *our* 1's in practice, and the last couple of preseason games might have been the deciding factor. They probably love Pead as a playmaker, but as far as what they want from a RB, I think they like the way Richardson attacks the hole. Very much like Steven Jackson, and for a kid his size, it's almost like he's AS strong.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
Think so? I think Fisher probably saw enough of them against *our* 1's in practice, and the last couple of preseason games might have been the deciding factor. They probably love Pead as a playmaker, but as far as what they want from a RB, I think they like the way Richardson attacks the hole. Very much like Steven Jackson, and for a kid his size, it's almost like he's AS strong.
A 7th round pick see's very little snaps against the first D, there's not enough to go around. I love D Rich , don't get me wrong... Great find. That's just what happened during the preseason. Pead was ahead, was playing with second team. It's a different animal. That's all I'm saying. I'm not worried about Pead. They are different types of runners though, as you pointed out.

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
There was another play that I saw where Richardson was wide open on a flare to the left...I mean nobody withing 25 yards of him, but Sam got flushed to the right. It wasn't that the defense changed, they just didn't account for him, so we may see a roll out throw back flare.

I remember that play, I thought that Richardson could have possibly scored because of how elusive he can be in space. Either way it would have been a monster gain.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:
DR RAM said:
There was another play that I saw where Richardson was wide open on a flare to the left...I mean nobody withing 25 yards of him, but Sam got flushed to the right. It wasn't that the defense changed, they just didn't account for him, so we may see a roll out throw back flare.

I remember that play, I thought that Richardson could have possibly scored because of how elusive he can be in space. Either way it would have been a monster gain.
Me too. I thought, if Sam sees this...TD!

Dochal

UDFA
Memento said:
Dochal said:
wolfman84 said:
My vote is Jenkins. I understand the injury concern but you can't play scared. Put your biggest threat out there and let him put some points on the the board you. I think this kid is a threat to take it to the house every time he gets his hands on the ball. Look at it this way, when you face the Cardinals are you hoping to face Patrick Peterson because he might get injured or do you dread seeing him back there receiving our punts?

This^...definitely can't play scared. Jenkins had a couple nice returns, and weren't the Rams risking a pretty valuable guy with Amendola back there? So, you put your best option out there and what happens, happens...don't like Pead right now because he hasn't had many touches or much time in game action...and Pettis? Well, I don't particularly like watching the football version of Demolition Derby where the same car gets wrecked over and over again.

That's why you get him in games. Pead has just as much ability to take it to the house as Jenkins, but he won't be able to show it if he's sitting on the bench. If you've got a playmaker, you can't sit him on the bench because he doesn't have much experience. Putting them in those situations is how they learn.

OK, I get your point, but mine is that I want him to get more touches as a running back and more game experience before putting him in the riskier job of punt returning.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
Username said:

that was my fear in preseason. when push comes to shove bradford only looks to amendola, even though there might be a better option out there.

amendola's injury, while bad news for the rams, will hopefully make bradford see the whole field and throw the ball to the open receiver. all the best qbs in the league favourite receiver is the open one. i pray that sam turns into one of them.